Calling all 4 a/b natural

hottopic

Dear Natural's 4 a/b:

I want to put all the natural 4 a/b in one location. I was doing a search for all naturals with my hair type, but realized that when I did a search I get other hair types as well. I am thinking about going natural. I am in transition from bone straight to a texturized look. So far I used mild lye and leave it one for a few minutes for texturizing . But I am heavy thinking about just chopping the whole thing off and going natural for a 2-3 years then texturizing...I want to have a better idea of how my 4 a/b's natural girl hair looks and the styles you guys wear. I will go into your album to view the pictures. You don’t have to write a whole comment just type, “ natural 4 a/b checking in….Then list the number of years natural.”

Thanks a bunch.

Hottopic

nchristina

If your looking for a lot of pictures of natural hair then your on the wrong website. I've noticed that naturals are a minority here. HTH

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
Also check out maestradiva77, she's been natural for a few years now, I think she's at almost waistlength by now...awesome!

I'm a 4a too BTW. :)

hottopic

nchristina said:
If your looking for a lot of pictures of natural hair then your on the wrong website. I've noticed that naturals are a minority here. HTH

Thank you...but I figured that too...So I have searched around. However, you guys are my sisters I can talk to you as oppose to just looking at pictures. Question what is HTH?

AllAboutTheHair

100% napptural since 2001. Definite 4a. I have been trying to grow out my hair for the last 3 years. I didn't have any success until I joined this board.

Don't forget about Chicoro, she is a definite 4a, but she has 3c edges. http://public.fotki.com/Chicoro123/ ...do a search for a psswd or it may still be in her siggy.

PhonyBaloney500

AllAboutTheHair said:
100% napptural since 2001. Definite 4a. I have been trying to grow out my hair for the last 3 years. I didn't have any success until I joined this board.

Don't forget about Chicoro, she is a definite 4a, but she has 3c edges. http://public.fotki.com/Chicoro123/ ...do a search for a psswd or it may still be in her siggy.

What particular tips from the board worked?

AllAboutTheHair

*denotes my regimen

1. protective styling (*baggie method when out of braids)
2. low to no manipulation = growth participation (*COMBING only when I deep condtion and not rinsing or washing with cornrows in, I just spray daily with the concoction)
3. less is more (*the amount of products that I use at a time is less than 3, I may use a lot of conditioner though (it helps with tangles))
4. HEAT IS NOT YOUR FRIEND (*unless you are under a hooded dryer with a conditioning cap on and don't mind the extra shrinkage that it brings)...Hope This Helps

nchristina

hottopic said:
Thank you...I love your album as well...Very detailed record of your journey...
Thank you, I hope the album helps people and that's why I do it. Well, that and to keep a record of 'how did I do that' moments.