CALLING ALL CASSIA USERS - LOVE IT OR HATE IT? AND HOW DOES IT COMPARE TO HENNA?

coyacoy

hey there to all my fellow henna heads and cassia users. i am wondering (from those of you that have used cassia) what you think of its conditioning abilities. i currently use henna, but have been thinking of switching to cassia to avoid enhancing the red tint that henna already created on my hair. Interested in any thoughts/perspectives you'd like to share :yep:- thanks!

cch24

I do a cassia treatment about once a month. I mix it with a little conditioner and oil and apply it. I only leave it on for about 45 minutes because I read somewhere that that's how long it takes to have it's maximum conditioning effect. I've never used henna because I didn't want the color change, so cassia is perfect for me. I suppose I'll stop using it when I get gray hairs as cassia is known to turn light colored hair blonde.

hothair

I don't mind it, I find it more moisturising than henna (ie it doesn't seem as restructurising). Honestly I use it more that it doesn't have colour I get more dramatic thickening/ effects from henna, but it will do as a colourless option.

iri9109

i love cassia...i use the cassia blend from ayurnatural beauty...it can be messy though...i havent done one since the spring and i can tell the difference in my hair (more frizz, less shine, more shrinkage)...i like to mix mine with conditioner or plain greek yogurt, honey, oil, and aloe vera juice....i never used henna and i dont really intend to.