Calling all NEWBIES!!!!!

Would you like to see a Newbie Support Thread?

• YES

Votes: 207 92.0%
  • NO

Votes: 18 8.0%

• Total voters
I would love to see a newbie thread or and newbie forum that lists all the threads with basic regimen, tips, information, bandwagons so that we can start experimenting. And a few old and dedicated members willing to give replies. :drunk: That would be great!!!

I would love to see a newbie thread or and newbie forum that lists all the threads with basic regimen, tips, information, bandwagons so that we can start experimenting. And a few old and dedicated members willing to give replies. :drunk: That would be great!!!

Now I could see a forum type thing that posted all the long threads explaining things and maybe add the "OMG my stylist did this!" or "Help! My hair is falling out!!!" threads compiled. Most of the info is covered but sometimes it's hard to find because you may not know the correct search phrase or what your problem is. I realized though, sometimes it's best to start PM'ing people because as previously stated sometimes people never come back to a thread or they come back weeks later with a response.

Hello all!! I still consider myself a newbie since I haven't gained any length nor found a regimen that works for me or poos/ cons. I need all the help I can get too.

I am a 4a /3c ( in the middle) relaxed fine hair and need help badly.

bumping for responses

I think we need another stickie explaining how to clarify/chelate, good regimens to start begin to healthy hair growing, tips, Do it your self Guides. Acronyms need to be updated but I foudn it hard learning about this stuff and it shoudl be easily seen on the main page because newbies join everyday and get frusrated by having to use search all the time. (I didn't even understnad how to use search for awhile) We need a thread or maybe a seperate board to post our concerns and questions. We keep asking the same questions ova and ova only because it's kidna hard to find the answers sometimes

I think we need another stickie explaining how to clarify/chelate, good regimens to start begin to healthy hair growing, tips, Do it your self Guides. Acronyms need to be updated but I foudn it hard learning about this stuff and it shoudl be easily seen on the main page because newbies join everyday and get frusrated by having to use search all the time. (I didn't even understnad how to use search for awhile) We need a thread or maybe a seperate board to post our concerns and questions. We keep asking the same questions ova and ova only because it's kidna hard to find the answers sometimes

ITA, because sometimes the search does not work. Also, if you don't "phrase" your concerns properly you have a hard time finding the threads. Good idea for another sticky....separate thread just for newbies.....I don't know..:look:

Well...there is a Newbie thread ya'll...:grin:
it just gets bumped because there are like a bazillion posts per day.

Everybody cool.
Feel free to participate, bounce back and forth between this and the other thread if you like.

Just ask away and we'll help out.
We all family...:grin:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=194209&page=94

Happy Growing!

:yep::yep:

thanks for bumping!

i try to bump this every now and then. there is also a Q/A thread

good luck and happy hair growing :grin:

Yeah this is a VERY fast moving section shoot forum. Which is a good thing! However finding a thread that is not stickied is not going to happen. Finding answers to questions by searching... very difficult but doable I find that checking tags is helpful but searching straight doesn't get me much help.

I am a newbie to this and I feel like I know these questions were answered before but DAMN IT how do I find them???

TQ

Yes please!! I need your help! Im learning alot by reading the threads but i know that i have some more to learn. Also i want a apart of that sisterhood that i see going on in here:blush:

Even though I voted yes I agree with what wonderwoman wrote. I am now in the habit of checking the old threads for information like reviews when I am thinking of using a particular product. I think that we should be able to ask questions of the senior members of the board without posting it in a newbie section. I feel like PM'ing is the way to go if there is a question that you need an answer to without feeling like you are being ignored in the general forum

Just my 2 cents.

IMHO, i think this post is harmlessly asking for a place Newbies can go to to catch up with the vast knowledge of veterans and get acustomed to the forum. BUT fellow newbies, I do agree that this thread will cause a separation. :yep: How else do we bond with the veterans if we dont constantly put ourselves out there in an attempt to understand the forum and our hair?!

Fortunately, this forum has many resources to help us adjust - PMing members whose hair we admire, Searching past thread, Hooking up with a Big Sis or even a Mentor, AND there IS a sticker thread that lists all the posts explaining the basic things we need to know - from airdrying styles to stretching relaxers. I vote NO! :nono:

I love the idea of supporting more people, but there are so many nice people on this board that you should feel free to ask questions whenever the need arises or create your own thread. I'm technically a newbie, but I started lurking in March. I even made my first friend! It will take some time, but we're all here to support each other!

There are a few newbie challenges on LHCF. If you look up Newbie support group 2010 you will see a few threads that list groups by hair type. I am the co-captain of one for relaxed, coarse hair.

Why separate yourself? You are a part of a purposeful group here. Everyone here was once a NEWBIE, ask questions, answer questions, give your opinion. Just join the party you will not be a NEWBIE for long.

yea, just jump into the fire ladies, like i did. i got burned a few times lol but i came out ok lol. <---:grin::grin:

Back