Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

TaurusAngel

just showing 30 day progress for my bald damaged sides

Your hair has shown great progress!!!!! You can't see any damage at all. Keep it up!

I haven't taken it. That was Taurus Angel's reply to my question. Hopefully, I will be able to find out more on how to use and what to mix with (if anything). If so, I will start this weekend. Good luck with Megatek/Ovations. Take pics so we can see your progress.

BTW...congrats on your weight loss.

:blush: I am so sorry i haven't seen this. But i usually purchase my MN from Dollar General or Dollar Tree. It can be purchased in 2% or 4%. I use 2%, i haven't been able to find the 4 anywhere near me. But what most ladies do is use some type of carrier oil and mix it with their MN and apply nightly. I mix mine with Mahabhringraj oil and use a spray bottle to apply it easily to the scalp. Some use their grease and some use other growth aids such as MT with theirs. It depends on what you want to add to it. The oil combats the dryness that MN can have if used alone.

You can find it for 1 buck at Dollar Tree, but other places such as Family Dollar or Dollar General carry it for 5. Walmart has the Monistat brand which will run you about 18 bucks so i wouldn't advise you to buy that one. :giggle: Also, you can purchase the Neosporin, either will work. The kind i get has Miconazole Nitrate right on the tube.

Hi ladies -- I'm checking in. I'm trying to adjust to the changing season. It's really getting cold... today temps are dropping into the 40s. My skin is flaring up and so is scalp. Shea butter is a great help for my skin as well as hydrocortisone and vaseline. I've been stretching my relaxer (18 weeks post tomorrow) but shedding is crazy. I washed and deep conditioned last weekend with Aphogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair and Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor. Hair is cornrowed right now and I'll wear a wig whenever I go outside. To moisturize my hair I use Wet and Wavy Detangler and apply BT to scalp. Doing these things has helped me tremendously in control flaking and that tight dryness. I really wanted to get a touch up last week but I couldn't due to scratching. So I just have to wait. I think I'm just gonna stretch until Dec. because I'm afraid to perm it now.

I hope you get well Mistee!!! This weather has been a pain. I have been thinking about hiding my hair as well. I'm so cautious of this changing weather and i don't want my hair to suffer from it.

I will say that your progress has been amazing. You have been retaining a lot.

MissAnnisha

Hey everyone...I would love to join. I'm trying to figure out how to make a siggy and add pictures so I can show eveyone wants going on with my hair...any tips? Thanks so much :)

MsMontoute

my fellow newbies!! I tell you that coming up with a great hair regimen that works for you AND is in expensive is hard work!!! Whew!!! I am on this website every day, and as a confirmed product junkie, I feel like this is Satan’s workshop and I just keep buying!!!!! I am only allowing myself to buy one more new product (rollersetting spray) before the end of the year and it better cost under $7…LOL :lachen:

Anyway, I am going to start rollersetting my hair starting this weekend to cut down on the last bit of direct heat that I am allow myself when it comes to my hair once I can get my supplies (magnetic rollers, pins and spray…you can see my post about it here: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=298139, please comment if you have any suggestions).

I have adopted all kinds of new hair habits that are obviously paying off (co-washing, moisturizing and sealing with oil, protective hairstyles with low manipulation… buns/twists etc.) I just wanted to encourage my newbie friends that it is hard to break old habits and try new products and processes but I have to say that it is all for the better ladies!!

OH and for those newbie ladies who are still in the process of getting rid of old hair issues, like breaking, relaxing too often, broken ends whatever it is, I would recommend once that fire is put out, that you take a look at the MT/OCT challenges. I am currently doing MT and I am seeing some positive results so far.

See ya’ll around soon!!

MsMontoute

Hey everyone...I would love to join. I'm trying to figure out how to make a siggy and add pictures so I can show eveyone wants going on with my hair...any tips? Thanks so much :)

Hey Annisha, WELCOME :grin:

If you look under quick links (a little to the left of your welcome box on the top navigation), and then scroll down to user control panel, you will see a link for edit your signature. Once you click there, you can start place info about your hair status, hair care and you will see an upload button to add pictures J

Hope this helps!

TaurusAngel

my fellow newbies!! I tell you that coming up with a great hair regimen that works for you AND is in expensive is hard work!!! Whew!!! I am on this website every day, and as a confirmed product junkie, I feel like this is Satan’s workshop and I just keep buying!!!!! I am only allowing myself to buy one more new product (rollersetting spray) before the end of the year and it better cost under $7…LOL :lachen:

Anyway, I am going to start rollersetting my hair starting this weekend to cut down on the last bit of direct heat that I am allow myself when it comes to my hair once I can get my supplies (magnetic rollers, pins and spray…you can see my post about it here: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=298139, please comment if you have any suggestions).

I have adopted all kinds of new hair habits that are obviously paying off (co-washing, moisturizing and sealing with oil, protective hairstyles with low manipulation… buns/twists etc.) I just wanted to encourage my newbie friends that it is hard to break old habits and try new products and processes but I have to say that it is all for the better ladies!!

OH and for those newbie ladies who are still in the process of getting rid of old hair issues, like breaking, relaxing too often, broken ends whatever it is, I would recommend once that fire is put out, that you take a look at the MT/OCT challenges. I am currently doing MT and I am seeing some positive results so far.

See ya’ll around soon!!

this sounds great!!!! Girl, i feel ya on that product buying. Its like a drug, can't get enough :giggle: You won't have the feeling of buying so much after a while, i think:look:.

That moisturizing and sealing is no joke. One of the best things you'll ever learn. Especially with this weather change. This dry air, our hair will need so much more TLC.

pr3tty

this sounds great!!!! Girl, i feel ya on that product buying. Its like a drug, can't get enough :giggle: You won't have the feeling of buying so much after a while, i think:look:.

That moisturizing and sealing is no joke. One of the best things you'll ever learn. Especially with this weather change. This dry air, our hair will need so much more TLC.

Ur sig pic is too fly. Im lovin it

Shay72

Natural, 4A
There are a ton of newbies! Welcome!

Tiff--Great progress!

TaurusAngel--I commented on your siggy pic in the entertainment thread. But I thought it was important to come over here too to say your hair is beautiful!

A couple updates for me:
Still working on solidifying the regi. Bought a digital camera so I started a fotki. Its bare minimum now but a start. I plan to update pics again at 12 wks post and the day before relaxing. Decided to start bunning. It's tiny but I decided to possibly stretch to Jan 1st (4 months) so it will help.

TaurusAngel

There are a ton of newbies! Welcome!

Tiff--Great progress!

TaurusAngel--I commented on your siggy pic in the entertainment thread. But I thought it was important to come over here too to say your hair is beautiful!

A couple updates for me:
Still working on solidifying the regi. Bought a digital camera so I started a fotki. Its bare minimum now but a start. I plan to update pics again at 12 wks post and the day before relaxing. Decided to start bunning. It's tiny but I decided to possibly stretch to Jan 1st (4 months) so it will help.
Thanks Shay!!! I actually thought the lighting was kind of bad. I suck at self taken pics. But i appreciate it. :)

MsMontoute

Hi Ladies,
I am wearing my phony pony to work today and my co-workers are all kinds of oohing and aaahing and tell me how nice it looks :lachen: "wow, your hair has grown so much and it looks so shiny and healthy" :lachen: In my mind, I was all about keeping my hair away from the elements and keeping it neat for when I am in dance classes Wed-Fri...LOL

Today's quote: phony ponies and buns are your friends...LOL

MissAnnisha

Hey Annisha, WELCOME :grin:

If you look under quick links (a little to the left of your welcome box on the top navigation), and then scroll down to user control panel, you will see a link for edit your signature. Once you click there, you can start place info about your hair status, hair care and you will see an upload button to add pictures J

Hope this helps!

Thanks so much:) One more question....what does sealing mean and how do you do it?

TaurusAngel

Thanks so much:) One more question....what does sealing mean and how do you do it?
Sealing is done most of the time after a moisturizer has been used. It "seals" it in. It seals in whatever is there. A lot of women do this especially with their ends since that is the part most prone to breakage. They apply a moisturizer, or just plain water, then seal with some type of oil or butter. It locks the moisture in making hair less prone to breakage or any type of damage.

MissAnnisha

Sealing is done most of the time after a moisturizer has been used. It "seals" it in. It seals in whatever is there. A lot of women do this especially with their ends since that is the part most prone to breakage. They apply a moisturizer, or just plain water, then seal with some type of oil or butter. It locks the moisture in making hair less prone to breakage or any type of damage.

Thanks so much!:yawn:

jeabai

Add me please! I'm a 4b trying to build a regimen so far MT mixed with castor oil, EA vitamins, Wen co-wash on Wed. Prepoo, poo, dc on sunday. Still looking for my staples...