Calling Newbies!!! A Challenge for us...

How often should we post to the 2009 Newbie Challenge?

• Weekly

Votes: 29 54.7%
  • Every 2 wks

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Monthly

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Every 3 mos

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

guitan25

Hey Ladies!!:hiya: Newbie checking in!!

Where you been, where you wanna go with your hair? Goals?
My first relaxer was at 4 yrs old. My poor mother could not handle my thick 4A hair, so she relaxed.That was the beginning of the end of my hair!!

Dyed, fried and laid to the side until 21 then I decided enough with the scalp burns and stopped relaxing. My hair grew wonderfully for 2 years and then I relaxed from peer pressure. 6 months later, was transitioning again (relaxers are not my friends):sad:

Currently trying to get to waistlength :grin:

What's your hair doing now?
Been natural since Dec '05. I am currently 1 inch away from claiming bsl:yep:
Yep! Can't believe it...this is the longest of anybody in my immediate family!!:grin:

What do u use?
I wash my hair every other day with Elasta qp conditioning shampoo and condition with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle rose. (this is the best moisturizing conditioner I have ever used!!)

What's your reggie (regimen)?
See above.

WHAT do U need to know?
I just need style ideas and straightening tips. I tried to straighten myself last October but didn't do such a great job.

I did however get it professionally straightened in Dec and it lasted 2 whole weeks. So I will continue to straighten once a year every Dec until I reach waist length...then I will most likely wear it predominantly straight.

What forums do u like?
Love the Hair Tips and Product Reviews, Entertainment, Fashion, Makeup (yep, I'm a girly girl!!):yep:

Hair state/length: 1 inch from bra strap

Goal length: Waistlength

Styling: I love straight hair!

Posting goals: As much as I can. I love this site!

Albums? Links?
Not yet

senznme

Hello Ladies :newbie: checking in
I have been short and even shorter. In the past, I entrusted the condition and care of my hair to others. Forgive me, I didn't know any better. :smirk: I cut my hair short when I was about sixteen and wore it short until I was about thirty. It was then that my problems started (again). I wanted to grow my hair out. But it would grow then break, grow then break. Finally, my stylist said maybe your hair isn't suppose to grow. That was my last appointment with her. My next stylist was good, but my style wouldn't last longer than a few days, she was too expensive, she put too much junk in my head -that sticky waxy stuff :nono:, and my patience was too short to sit in that salon all day :pullhair: Had to leave her. I finally found a stylist and salon that I can live with. The thing is I just need a stylist for chemical services and when I feel like going. I have to learn to care for my own hair. I realize that no one can do that better than me. I had no idea that LHCF existed until I was discussing my dilemma with a beautiful natural coworker who enlightened me. I am eternally grateful to her. Fast forward... I want healthy APL hair.

Well, I am learning my hair, sad to say. But before LHCF, I rarely washed my own hair. I switched daily moisturizers and my hair doesn't like the new one Wave Nouveau moisturizing finishing lotion.

What do u use?
Usually, I use KeraCare moisturizing shampoo, humecto conditioner and essential oil, S-curl, and MTG.

Wash 2X week with KeraCare shampoo
DC after every wash with heat either hard table-top dryer or conditioning heated bonnet
Daily moisturize with S-Curl sealing with KeraCare essential oil
MTG on my scalp at least 3X a week
Use Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor as a prepoo every two weeks
Use a leave in alternate between protein and moisture

WHAT do U need to know?
Everything, although I have been lurking for awhile a learned some things, I still have alot to learn. I have to learn what works in my slow growing hair. I need to learn how to style my hair. I am not good with that.

What forums do u like?
Currently, I am stuck on Hair Tips Products and Reviews. When I get my techniques down, I, definitely, will check out the other forums.

Hair state/length:
Currently, my hair in a layer 4a or b NL. I am not quite sure about the ab thing. My hair is currently relaxed thick and dense. I have always thought of my hair as being coarse, but I am not too sure anymore. When I stretch my relaxers, my hair surprises me. I just don't know.

Goal length:
My goal is healthy hair #1. But I do want length too. APL here I come :grin: I am encouraged there because of you ladies especially, the longer length 4ab ladies who started short and shorter.

Styling:
Not good!!!! :help: I do know how to use a phony pony. Thanks to you guys, I am perfecting my braid outs.

Posting goals:
I want to post as often as I can

Albums? Links?
Not yet. I lost my camera, need to get another one

Sundiva

OK. This is my first check-in. Haven't done very well with this but I will do better.
Well the whole point of this for my is to break my dependency on chemicals and weaves and to LOVE my own hair. Im frustrated because I was a year and half in, my growing great and have just had a bad setback. So Im trying hard to bounce back from that and Im having such a hard time:cry3:
So I have been using my regimen for a month and so far its just ok. I have been washing once per week and doing condish washes during the week when I need to. With the 1x/wk washes, I do a dc wash one week and a protein treatment another. Last night, i washed with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing Shampoo, ORS Mayo hair treatment for protein, Herbal Essences hello hydration Conditioner, Giovanni Direct Leave-In Moisture Conditioner, Profectiv Growth Lotion and Castor Oil as a sealant. So normally after using the AO shampoo, my hair feels soft but not moist its soft and somewhat quite dry, somewhat stripped. Is that supposed to happen? I keep telling myself that is fine and I will replenish moisturizer with the condish. It feels dry enough that I don't want to add the ORS to it feeling so dry, so I added a step and used the AO white camilla conditioner I had. I have decided i do not like this. At first, it felt like it was adding moisture back and making my hair feel soft but as soon as I washed it out, the moistness left too. I used the ORS mayo and sat under the dryer for about 30min and then washed out and used the herbal essences cond behind it. My hair was really dry by then. I used alot of HE condish because I was trying to replenish moisture but never felt like i did it. I rinsed and applied my giovanni direct. Not a fan of this either. It just sits on my hair and is sticky on my hands. I applied the profectiv growth and sealed with castor oil.
So for my naturals with hair like me help me out. Looking at my regimen, what should I tweak? What should I try? I will say that on Deep conditioner washings, I love it. I use the pantene dc hair masque and it is wonderful. I think I need a new shampoo. I love my herbal essences moisturizing conditioners, its cheap and good. should I use the growth lotion and then the oil? Am I sealing correctly? Please help a newbie!!!!

P.S. I have recently experienced the wonder of roller sets:yawn: They are great.

missnk

Hi all!! Love this forum...I hope we can get some of us together and meet someday!

My hair was a complete mess until about two months ago when I started reading this forum. I was desperately looking for some advice and I felt as if I was the only one in my situation. Even my boyfriend complained about my hair. Where do I want to go? I want to be an all natural person - whether that means the new organic stuff, or the ayurvedic stuff recommended all over the board. This is my goal!

Feels like its getting shorter and shorter...!

What do u use?
I used to use the generic stuff available at the store shelves. More recently, I have been trying out shikakai oil and powder with some great results! I've also just added Henna to the mix.

Soak with shikakai oil / powder overnight
wash with shikakai shampoo - this is 2x a week
use henna once a month
i also sometimes use shikakai soap for my hair if i need a quick fix

WHAT do U need to know?
Just like the person above...everything! Please help me understand all of the powders and oils as you ladies are all experts!

What forums do u like?
Hair product discussion

Posting goals:
Trying to fit it between my work schedule and weekends - shooting for 30-40 posts a month

Albums? Links?
Need to start posting pictures on picasa. will do shortly.

qwnbee1

AM EXCITED ABOUT THIS...I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO JOIN A CHALLENGE FOR A WHILE, BUT ALWAYS SEEMED TO MISS OUT...ADD ME TO THE LIST

Hair state/length: HAIR IS A MESS, BUT IS ABOUT MIDBACK LENGTH
Goal length:WAIST LENGTH
Regimen/Reggie: WASH ONCE A WEEK...NOTHING EXTRAORDINARY
Styling:pONYTAIL...NOT VERY ADVENTUROUS
Heat commitment:BLOW DRY
Stretching goal: if applies:NOT SURE ABOUT THIS ONE
Posting goals:ONCE A WEEK
Albums? Links? TRYING TO FIGURE THEM OUT...WILL ADD LATER

Aspire

Hiya, Welcome!!!!

I was curious to know . . .:scratchch . . . you said you use Shaikakai (<---sp) soap for a quick fix. Can you expand on that? What type of fix, what is the before and after so to speak? I am just getting into Ayurveda and I am trying to lear everything I can.

TIA

-

lexielex

I am going to go ahead and join a challenge so here's my info.

Hair state/length:Shoulder Length w/little breakage
Goal length:APL in 2009 BSL 2010
Regimen/Reggie:Wash 1xweekly DCweekly,rollerset, no direct heat
Styling:Banana Clipped roller curls
Heat commitment:heat only after relaxer every 12 weeks
Stretching goal: if applies:12 weeks at a time,
Posting goals:weekly
Albums? Links? none at the time

exubah

S5030507.jpg
So this photo was a day after a relaxer at 11.5wks post. For my relaxer I did the following:
1) Part hair in four and base parts and hairline with vaseline
2) Apply protectant to hair (this is a part of the Optimum Anti-Breakage No-Lye Relaxer kit)
3) Apply relaxer (no longer than 15 to 20 minutes from start of application to beginning of rinse)
4) Rinse relaxer and slather on Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor. Covered with plastic cap and leave in for 5 minutes
5) Rinse out Aphogee 2 min and poo with the kit's neutralizer
6) Poo with Roux Porosity Control
7) DC with ORS Replenishing Pak mixed with honey and EVCO (20 minutes under dryer and additional 20 minutes w/o heat)
8) Rinsed out and wring out excess water from hair
9) Apply a little John Frieda Frizz Ease and some Rusk Smoother and also spray a little of the kit's strengthener
10) I decided to airdry in a ponytail with the ends plait
11) After airdrying rub a little NTM Silk Touch Leave-In and EVCO

drainey26

Hair state/length: Relaxed 4b/Shoulder Length
Goal length: Arm Pit Length by December 2009
Regimen/Reggie: I’m still trying to figure out my regimen. I wash once a week, deep condition once a week. I’m still looking for an oil/dressing that isn’t too heavy. I currently use coconut oil.
Styling: At home I air dry using the banded method that I learned on this site and flat iron. Every two weeks I get a roller set/blow dry at a local Dominican shop
Heat commitment: I try to keep heat to a max of once a week.
Stretching goal: if applies: I currently only stretch for 8-9 weeks. I’m hoping that I can one day stretch for 12 weeks
Posting goals: I’m going to try and post at least once a week. Still haven’t figured out how to get a Fotki started.

**I have found a lot of great information on this site and I’m very thankful that I stumbled across it. I am a product junkie…there are too many various hair care products in my bathroom. So much so that I have stuff in boxes that I don’t even see often. But after doing some research I found a great conditioner –Silicon Mix. I ordered some additional products and can’t wait to try them out.

jovial_sis87

I hope I'm not too late!!:cowgirl:

Hair state/length:Shoulder Length Relaxed 4something with alil breakage
Goal length:BSL by Dec 2009
Regimen/Reggie:I wash 2x a week if i have time. DC with every wash and Protein treatment once every other week
Styling: Buns, Braidouts, and hopefully I can try other types of braids
Heat commitment: Rarely use it. trying to use it only after a relaxer
Stretching goal: if applies:12+ weeks
Posting goals:whenever i can
Albums? Links? None. Can't find the dang USB cord for my cam

Lisalis

Hello Newbies,

I am checking in with what I have or should I say not been doing. I have not dc'd in about two weeks because I have been out of town. I need to take care of that immediately. Other than that I am experimenting with some oils because at the end of the day my hair looks dull. Any suggestions???????/

Aspire

Hello Newbies,

I am checking in with what I have or should I say not been doing. I have not dc'd in about two weeks because I have been out of town. I need to take care of that immediately. Other than that I am experimenting with some oils because at the end of the day my hair looks dull. Any suggestions???????/

Ayurvedic: Amla and Shikakai are now staples for me. Vitika not so much, but some people rave about it. Just in case you are fair-haired, Amla does gradually darken your hair a bit.

Good Luck!!

addaboutmyhair

Hi I'm Quita
Thanks for starting this thread, I posted this on a seperate thread but I would like to joing the challenge.

I've been lurking now for a couple of weeks but I decided to take the plunge. Joined today 3/17. I'm 51/2 months into transitioning to a natural. I used to go to the salon once a week and she would press my hair which was great but now I can't afford it anymore. But I have a few friends who have gone through this process with great results at home. I have very fine hair don't know the type;

Here's what I have:
CHI ceramic blow-dryer approx. 1800 watts
FHI Platform 1 inch - only after washing
Heating cap for DC
pin curl or wrap every night
Capilo Aloe Vera Shampoo & Conditioner (use for DCs also there are Dominican products)
EVOO hot oil treatments
work out 3x/wk; Lots of water daily, biotin, prenatal (but phyto pills for a year)

Questions:
How often should I be washing my hair and DC’ing, once a week or ever 2 weeks?
Should I cowash?
If I wash once a week how should I handle the pressing? Should I air dry or blow dry if I'm washing once per week? (Stylist used ceramic blow dryer once per week)
What's a good leave-in conditioner to use – found some Dominican products on bluebeez.com?
Started MN on the shorter side of my hair on Sunday thanks to LHCF?

My hair is right below my ear maybe you can help with the acronyms also, Hate my short hair trying to get to APL by DEC 09

THe best leave in conditioner that's been recommended to me from this site is:
1 part glycerine oil
1 part aloe vera juice - George's brand from Vitamine Shoppe
Some castor oil
Use as a spritz
You can get all these ingredients for under $10 total

addaboutmyhair

Hey,

So it's been awhile and I had to catch up with everyone. I just did the Brazilian Keratin Treatment after getting textlaxed with Affirm mild. Amazing results but it made my hair too straight. You have to leave the treatment in for 3 days before washing. So tomorrow is my wash. Maybe it will be better then...

Pics are in my album

Does anyone know if Garlic prevents hair shedding?

Oh, and my new favourite DC is the Organix line. Only $7. I mix it with an egg, coconut milk, olive oil, jojoba oil. I looking to buy a little heating pad to heat DC rather than a dryer so I can hear the tv. :)

prettyFine

WHAT do U need to know? PRODUCTS AND FOOD THAT CURBS SHEDDING

Where you wanna go with your hair? Grow very long by July 4th.---Waist Blunt Ends

Goals? 1. Increase thickness 2. Grow mid back with thick ends by July 4th:

What's your hair doing now? Shedding.

What do u use? 1[COLOR="blue"]. PROVEN Nizoral 2% every 4 days 2. EXPERIMENT Avocado oil internally[/COLOR]

What's your style? Low manipulation. I just joined the keep ur hands outta your head post thingy

What forums do u like? This one LHCF

Hair state/length: Thin, tip of BSL
Goal length: Waist Length blunt ends
Regimen/Reggie: Wash every 4-5 days
Styling: None
Heat commitment: low
Stretching goal: if applies: Relax every 10-12 wks
Posting goals: First album by Apr 1
Albums? Links?

Last edited:

Brit031586

Hi Everyone I'm Brittney but everyone calls me Brit. Im 22 years old and I reside in New Jersey! I have been a lurker for about 3 months and have learned so much already. Now I just need to figure out some good products and develop my regimen!!:newbie:

WHAT do U need to know? What Products and Tools to use to gain Healthy Long Hair

Where you wanna go with your hair? I would like to be APL as a short term goal and MBL as long term!

Goals? 1. To be able to take care of my own hair without going to a salon.

What's your hair doing now? Breaking Off and its kind of dry.

What do u use? Im still experimenting right now I just came out of a weave about 3 weeks ago. I was using Aphogee but the protein was drying out my hair so im currently trying to find something with tons of moisture... I just ordered Patience's Growth Oil and would like to order more healthy hair products

What's your style? Anything quick and simple:grin:
What forums do u like? LHCF, Patience for Long Hair Care, Make UP Alley

Hair state/length: Thick and Dry im about SL and I think Im a 4a/b im relaxed at the moment
Goal length: APL by 12/2009
Regimen/Reggie: DOnt really have one yet but I will be starting MT and Patience Oils as soon as they arrive and I will be washing every sunday and Co Washing every Weds and maybe Friday
Styling: Braid Outs Twist Outs Blow Dry Straight
Heat commitment: Im going to try to keep it low but the flat Iron is my weakness:wallbash:
Stretching goal: I would like to transition to natural hopefully I can do it relaxers ( mainly just Halo's) are my other weakness!!!
Posting goals - I'd like to post as much as possible!!

Last edited:

DivaAngel2009

Good afternoon Ladies,
My name is Cynthia and I live in Detroit, Michigan. I have been natural since 1998 and I have had every style under the sun: Brush waves, locs, perms, hair dyes, perm & dye on the same day, braids, kinky twist, individual braids, sew-ins, etc… You name it I have tried it.

I first went natural because when I lived in Ruston, LA my hair stylist moved & I refused to let anyone else do my hair and I hatee waiting on another stylist to decide when & if she planned to come to work.

I can honestly say I took my hair for granted, comb it dry, did not give it the TLC that I should have because my thoughts were “its only hair, it will grow back.” :wallbash: It wasn’t until I turned 40 on 2/20 that I began to love my hair & hair type.:yep: Since I have decided to take better care of my hair, I have become an ingredient junkie and an avid label reader. EVOO, Coconut Oil and butters are my new best friends. :lachen:

WHAT do U need to know? How to maintain a health head of hair
Where you wanna go with your hair? I want to continue to love my hair
Goals? Great Big Ole AFRO!!
What's your hair doing now? Its own thang!!:wallbash: Now I don’t fight my hair, I work with my hair. :drunk:

Hair state/length: Kinky & Thick (4b)
Goal length: Big Hair
Regimen/Reggie:
Co wash 2xs a week – Suave Coconut Condish & Herbal Hydration Condish
DC twice a week alternate between moisture and protein
ACV & Baking Soda – as needed
Henna- 2xs a month I plan to add Amla powder next month
Seal Ends daily- Castor Oil, EVOO, butters or Coconut Oil
Styling: Twist, flat twist, twist outs & wash & Go’s- Products: KCC or homemade butters
Heat commitment: low (heating cap only)
Stretching goal: if applies: N/A
Posting goals: Daily
Albums? Links? April 1st target date
Supplements
· Hair, Skin & Nails
· Biotin
Thank you ladies and I look foward to getting to know everyone!!

Last edited:

Lisalis

My friend from high school just emailed me on facebook about my hair. She told me it was cute but she knew it would be because she knew I had good hair. I was a bit shocked by the good hair bit. Are we still talking like this? Just needed to vent for a minute.

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
1: Where you been, where you wanna go with your hair? Goals? My hair use to be thick, healthy and long. Of course that’s when my mother was doing my hair. My goal for right now is to have full, healthy, thick APL. The back of my hair is less than an inch away, sides a little past my shoulders and the front an inch past my chin

2: What's your hair doing now? What do u use? What's your reggie (regimen)? What's in your stash? What's your style?
• My hair is growing nicely. Using castor oil to make my hair thicker. At the time I’m pretty simple. I cowash almost each night with Mazani Moisturefuse or Aussie Smooth, My leave in is Rusk Smoother or NTM, and I seal with Castor Oil and bun or braid

3: WHAT do U need to know?
Everything. But right now I’m on a self relaxing kick. I would love to do my own relaxers due to a bad experience at a salon.

4. What forums do u like?..This one of course and blackhairmedia sometimes

Hair state/length:Healthier than ever and my length is about 1 inch from APL
Goal length: Full APL
Regimen/Reggie: Cowash daily, moisture, seal, bun/braid
Styling: Braids, Bun…Wearing a lacefront daily, but take off each night to wash and moisturize
Heat commitment: Only use heat to check length. Otherwise, no heat. But I don’t mind using it if I needed to

GeorgiaGurl

Hi, Newbie here as well.

Hair state/length: Now I'm fully natural. Yay!!! I transitioned from Jan 08 and Bc'd in Feb. My current length is CL more closer to SL I think.
Goal length: APL unstretched
Regimen/Reggie: Using mostly ayurveda powders & oils. Hairveda & Aussie moist cons. Poo with Shikaiki (sp?) bar
Styling: Usually buns. Sometimes my twistouts turn out okay but braidouts :nono:
Heat commitment: None, I straightened maybe twice last year, none this year
Posting goals: Weekly
Albums? Links? None yet, someone stole my camera :cry:

ceebee3

Hey everyone,

I joined in January (i think). I've come across the board before but was never seriously into things until now. My actual goal for this year was to learn how to do my own hair. After doing some research on the web I came across different articles on healthy hair practices and that led me here again. I never really had a goal of long hair until now. I want my hair to be healthy. I have decided that I am giving myself one whole year to learn my hair and what it likes. I've never used products before just brought any old shampoo and conditioner and threw my hair in a ponytail. I don't purchase a lot of products and I'm not using growth aids until I learn my hair to see what is or is not working.

Hair state/length: Thin in the back (from ponytails), shoulder lenghth?

Goal length: mid-back

Regimen/Reggie: I wash with moisturizing shampoo, add protein for 5 minutes, deep condition with any creamy moisturizing deep conditioner for 20-30 minutes under the dryer then i rollerset and/or wrap/pincurl.

Styling: I don't know how to style

Heat commitment: I've never used heat applicances, I don't know how to. I have a sedu flat iron that I'm learning to use.

Stretching goal: if applies: I used to get a relaxer once or twice a year, now I'm going for every 12 weeks. My last was January 24, 2009, my next will be 4/18/08

Posting goals:-not sure

Albums? Links? - don't have any yet, will update

BriBreezy

1: Where you been, where you wanna go with your hair? Goals?
My hair has been SL for about a year and I want it to grow between APL and BSL. My hair is thick and coarse. My main thing in healthy hair though.

2: What's your hair doing now? What do u use? What's your reggie (regimen)? What's in your stash? What's your style?
I'm relaxed, but I don't really know my hair type. I use Aphogee and Neutrogena Triple Moisture. Sometime I put the two together:

Aphogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair
Keratin 2. min.
Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Conditioner
Neutrogena Triple Moisture Hair Mask
Provitamin Leave-In
Keratin Green Tea

I just bought CHI Silk Fusion and I LOVE it. My main style is a wrap. I'm addicted to wrapping LoL, but I'm trying pin curls and I like them and I'm trying to stop blow drying every week, but my hair takes too long to air dry.

I need to know what products are good and bad for the hair and some healthy hair tips.

4. What forums do u like?
Mainly this one

afrikeys

Hair state/length:SL
Goal length:APL
Regimen/Reggie:DO NOT HAVE ONE YET
Styling:BRAIDS
Heat commitment:MINIMAL(Only to check growth progress)
Stretching goal: if applies:n/a
Posting goals:weekly
Albums?not yet Links? not yet
Hi everyone, my name is Africa and I'm glad to participate on this challenge. Ilove LHCF.
I had natural hair until I was 16 years old... beutiful super long down my back... no presses no texrelax , nothing.. At 16 I got my first relaxer... loved it.. enjoyed it for a year or so with low maintanence and no major issues.. then I did a color..(that's where my issues started)... my hair started breaking (the breakage was awful.. scary...huge balls of hairs with every cash) my hair became thin and I hated it... I wore the short hart for a while... 2-3more years and continued with the harmful relaxers... finally on 2006 transitioned back to natural ... after 2 yrs I was completety natural and was loving it.. getting a press every 2 weeks and looked gorgeus (look at my profile pic).. my hair was apl and beutiful... and then last year at made the mistake of relaxing again..:wallbash: it was summer 2008... not good.. I'll post a pic of my "before -after" results.. terrible..
So my lengh is now barely sl (back) and shorter on the sides (eye level) and a terrible bankc on the front (another mistake :sad:) just a big mess

I just braided my hair up last night , will finich it tonight hopefully (will take a pic tonigh and post it)... planning to keep it in braids for the next month, let it rest for a week ors so and braid it again.. and might have to do that for a while (I don't know many styles while transitioning)....
I co wash and that is about it.. I have MIZANI products.. the conditioner and all kind of ramdom products that I want to finish using so I can get an specific regimen... I want to try ayurveda an henna...

Regimens that work and styles

transition forums and love to visit people fotki albums... people that have natural and long hair.. it's motivating

sleepflower

So I guess I can post an update here.

New things I am doing:
-deep conditioning every time I wash
-only putting a detangling brush through my hair, and even then, only when it is fully coated in conditioner; I use the companion conditioner since my DC is too watery
-since I could not find a petrolatum-free moisturiser at the BSS, I chose one (BB Oil moisturiser with castor oil and aloe) where it is listed pretty far down in the ingredients list. Both the amla and burdock root cream samples are on their way to me from Qhemet, though!
-I also tried BTZ Noodlehead to help define my curls
-found a hair/skin/nails vitamin

How my hair has been doing:
First of all, it seems I get more and more curls every time I wash, and that is amazing. My hair looks prettier and prettier. I tried no manipulation but it looked a HAM. So every morning I style it with my fingers. I puff out places that have gone flat and things like that. Even switching to a moisturiser with less of a proportion of petrolatum has been really good in keeping my hair soft and moisturised.

I ran out of my pre-poo but have not had the time to make more. I am okay with this just because the conditioner I was using smells strongly of pomegranates/citrus, and with the smell of honey and olive oil it plainly made me sick to my stomach. I will try JUST honey and olive oil for a while. I do not want to buy a pre-poo! I think adding this step back in will help me regain some of the shine I had, maybe?

It looks like my hair is getting shorter and shorter but I think that is because it is curling up more. I have definitely gained some length but no part of my hair is the same length. I definitely am avoiding barbers and beauticians as long as I can. I am impatient for it to get even and start growing more!

The Noodlehead was okay, but it dried like a hard gel, which is not what I was expecting. I could try to use less but I am scared that will make it not effective. I think maybe it has helped my hair keep a lot of its new curls. Oh well. I will keep using it until I run out, though I suppose next I will try LongAid...??

I also cannot keep my hands out of my hair. I am just so excited. It has never looked this good. I love feeling my curls. It is just like when I got my tongue ring; eventually I will get used to them being there and stop playing with it.

Next I am going to try Roux Porosity Control to see if it makes my hair healthier. I see both the shampoo and conditioner, but I think most people go with just the shampoo. Can anyone give me input on this?

keepithealthy

Can you commit to post weekly or so and tell us

I have been arond for about a month..i think.
My hair goal is to transition for a few months...undecided as to how long any where from 8-18 months...depends on how long I can stand to deal with two textures. :perplexed
2:My regi and products
I have a bunch of conditioners and shampoos(vitamin conditioner,creme of nature conditioner, Pantene intense moisture conditioner, Aussie moist conditioner, Aussie 3 minute miracle, Garnier Fructis Cream Conditioner, Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo, Body Care Hair Thickening Shampoo, Naked Naturals Citrus & Keratin Shampoo and Conditioner). I am just experimenting and testing out what my hair likes. I also purchased olive oil, jojoba oil, tea trea oil, and Shea butter, Razac hair oil, Hawaiian Silky 14n1 Leave in Conditioner. Some of these products I have always used and others are new. I try to co wash 2xs a week and, DC 2xs a month and clarify once a month. I have attempted braid outs, kinky knots(lol i don't remember the official name), air drying it and bunning. I'll have pics up soon in my fotki lol but I don't think I did a very good job. lol but I am determined to keep trying. I am hoping with practice and time to simplify my product use and regi. Oh and I am also taking Chlorella I've gone green and I'm loving it:grin:
How in the world do I style my transitioning hair?:spinning:
LHCF yeah!!!!!!!!!!:drunk:

My sister and 13 year old cousin have also decided to go natural so I'll have pics of them up too. We all decided to embrace the hair God gave us.

oh yes and I really do love this site and spend waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much time on it....:yep:

Last edited:

dplyrooted

It will be 2 years in July since I had my last perm. I have alopecia at the center of my head that I'm battling. I used to flat iron my hair after not getting a perm anymore, so I did the bc from perm and heat back in October. I want my hair to be healthy, I want to overcome alopecia.

I've been figuring it out. I wash or cowash my hair 3 or more times a week, and I always rinse with acv. My hair feels so good after I wash it.
In my stash, lol, I have become a product junky, I think I have too much stuff, I'm trying everything to see what works, and I need to stick to 1 thing for a while before trying something else. I have coconut oil, shea butter, evoo, castor oil, rosemary, peppermint oil, msm, avocodo oil, something else but I can't remember the name right now, lol.
I just bought giovanni's shampoo and conditioner,
I use my design essentials sometimes, I use honey in my condish, I just started with the nettle tea drink and rinses. My md rx'd me clobetosol foam, and spironolactone, which I wouldn't take the spirononlactone orally, but I made a spritz that I can spray on my balp spot. I also just bought the chlorella, and I take 5000 mcg of biotin.
I
Well I wear my hair in a curly fro, and lately I've been wearing it up with a fake puff that I bought, and I'm loving that because I don't have to put a pony tail on it, adding stress to my hair.

Just more about alopecia and how to grow it back and maintain healthy hair.
This one and I'm a member of another forum that has nothing to do with hair.
Hair state/length:asl
Goal length:as long as it will grow
Regimen/Reggie:wash and cowash rinse 3-4x's a wk
Styling:curly fro, or gel styles
Heat commitmentn/a
Stretching goal: if applies:n/a
Posting goals:1xwk
Albums? Links? 0

Last edited:

dplyrooted

Oh I forgot, I have aussie moist conditioner, I also have organics, and queen helen deep conditioner. I have some black soap that I use sometimes. and I bought some burts bee baby soap that I haven't used yet.

But my staples are my oils, honey, and acv