Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

pr3tty

I am starting my journey to get my hair thicker and longer. Right now im shoulder length but very thin.
I thought of cutting my hair off again but now im just gonna work at it.
Im gonna use what I've learn from this site and I will post pics monthly b4 and after poos cons and treatments.
I am a newbie and is finding it hard to fit in with the pace of everyone who has been doing this 4 so long.
I would love for other newbies to join me and lets do the damn thing but if not im willing to go at it alone.

If ur reading this and is willing to do this with me we will have a start date and an ending date.
We will share what products we are gonna use
We will also share if we are willing to use aids (MTG MN etc)
How often we plan on washing relaxing etc.
Hair type
We will be checking in with progress pics monthly (this is a must)

I welcome anyone who will keep this thread going and who wants to reach their hair goal especially if ur a newbie.

Im determine to have the hair I dream of even if I have to do it alone!

looks like I wont have to go at it alone..

Welcome ladies...

PR3TTY
NOEMI
HOTRIBENA
IVY BUTTER
CUTENAPPYGRL
AKIMAT001
TADEJA
MIKAL
CHOCONILLAPRINCESS
LAPACIENCIA
SUNSHINE BABY
SJ11987
MRS. GOOCH
PETITE ONE
EVALINAL
TRAYCEE
BELLEBEBE
GALADRIEL
NATURALLONG81
CINDYL
BEAUTIFULREALITY
MS. AMERAKA
HKKELLY
JOY30906
BEAUTIFULLYBLACK
MRSMERCERY
TLSTACY
GRACEFUL89
MZVEDA
CERCHIER
DAWN1980
CLMACKY
FINDING ME

Last edited:

HotRibena

You can count me in!! It does get a little lonely out here sometimes as a newbie. I'll keep track of the thread and will post my info when we're ready.

pr3tty

I'm in!!! Is this a challenge? or whatever we would like to do??

I think we can make it a challenge even if we dont get a lot of ppl by start date which im thinking should be feb. 1. by then we should have all we will need to start out on the right foot.

Ivy_Butter

I'm in! I will post a pic when I figure out how. I've basically been trying to learn as much as possible and absorb what's going on here, but so far this is the regimen I have been following since joining a week ago:

Co-wash at least once a week. Right now I am using SoftSheenCarson's Optimum Care
Prepoo overnight with conditioner
Wash weekly with Tressemee
Deep condition with ORS replenishing pak
Moisturize (can't remember name of moisturize and boyfriend is asleep in room) and seal with jojoba or olive oil
I take zinc, folic acid, and niacin
I use MN mixture daily

The products I use are just what I had on hand (well most of them are). I wasn't about to go buy a new hair product wardrobe while I am still learning.

My hair is at the bottom of my neck. My first hair goal is FULL shoulder length.

Last edited:

pr3tty

You can count me in!! It does get a little lonely out here sometimes as a newbie. I'll keep track of the thread and will post my info when we're ready.

I know what u mean. Well now we'll have this thread to keep us together and work on our journey with company:grin:

pr3tty

I'm in! I will post a pic when I figure out how. I've basically been trying to learn as much as possible and absorb what's going on here, but so far this is the regimen I have been following since joining a week ago:

Co-wash at least once a week. Right now I am using SoftSheenCarson's Optimum Care
Prepoo overnight with conditioner
Wash weekly with Tressemee
Deep condition with ORS replenishing pak
Moisturize (can't remember name of moisturize and boyfriend is asleep in room) and seal with jojoba or olive oil
I take zinc, folic acid, and niacin
I use MN mixture daily

The products I use are just what I had on hand (well most of them are). I wasn't about to go buy a new hair product wardrobe while I am still learning.

My hair is at the bottom of my neck. My first hair goal is FULL shoulder length.

This sounds like exactly what I have in my head. We do what works for us and leave out wat dont. Just share with each other what we're doing

I want to be in too - I joined all the other ones - but I haven't gotten any real support out of them - and since I am a newbie ...

pr3tty

One thing I ask of every1 lets suppost this thread and in doing that we will be supporting each other. We will try to figure thing out together and share what works for us and what dont.
If there's something one of us dont know we'll try to help the best we can
and ladies please check in and lets see how long can we go.

pr3tty

We will be starting officially on Feb 1.
By then I should figure out this picture thing.
Lets try to have b4 pics up by then.
We can also post pics after each week of washing n treating (optional). However we must post monthly.
I will pm u if ur pic is not up at the end of each month. (we have to be on top of each other so we dont slack off).
Lets have our regimen up by then also.
Plz include ur hair type and how often you use heat.
I would like to say no more than 1 time per week if u have to.

SunySydeofLyfe

I want in, I found this site in 2005 but I was brainwashed into thinking I would never ever :nono: be able to accomplish hair past my shoulders. So I moved on the weaves :wallbash: got my shoulder length hair and lots of breakage. I have been FAITHFUL to my goal of reaching mid back length since November 2007 and its on NOW. We all can make this happen and I would love to support and be supported.

pr3tty

I want in, I found this site in 2005 but I was brainwashed into thinking I would never ever :nono: be able to accomplish hair past my shoulders. So I moved on the weaves :wallbash: got my shoulder length hair and lots of breakage. I have been FAITHFUL to my goal of reaching mid back length since November 2007 and its on NOW. We all can make this happen and I would love to support and be supported.

I can see this is gonna be great cause so far we all seem determine. I cant wait

I am going to figure out how to use the journal feature on this site and post my pics and regimen there - and in this thread as well. I think we are going to do well.

noemi

Hair type: 1b/2b mostly with 3b in crown.

Wash and DC w/heat every 3 days. (CON green, Elasta QP creme poo- QH, NTM mask DC)

Co wash between washes if time allows (Lustrasilk Shea Butter or V05 Champagne Kisses)

Air Dry, Leave In, Seal with Oil ( H2, Giovanni, NTM, glycerine/water spritz, 911)

Moisturize/seal 2x daily. (Mango butter, wave nouveau, S-Curl, Wonder 8, Africa's Best, coconut mixed with EOs, ghee mixture)

Baggy 24/7

wet bun daily w/baggy under cover
Lo/No mani (try to only comb once a week, sometimes tangles are bad so I'll do 2 combings)
No heat (for now, once I get my Pibbs I'm going to sslloowwlly incorporate a once a month flexirod/wet set--already got my products on standby):grin:

I also am looking into getting a Sedu to have on hand for lenght checks (heat protectant products already on standy :grin:

Vitamins- liquid Flax, gummi vits (Pill multi give me bad stomach irritation), PP and Rexall 5 mg Biotin, B50 complex

pretty boring I know, but its keeps my hands and other hands out of it! I'm a real PJ so I'm always trying to use things up, my goal for '08 is to stop cold turkey and stick to one haircare line.

I am relaxed to thin my hair but I'm going to transition back to natural. I used to get my hair professionally thinned but I didn't like it and I relaxed...BIG MISTAKE! My other goal for '08 is to to detox from the creamy crack.

I've been doing this consistently with vitamins since Nov 16 07. I haven't done a serious length check, but judging by my NG I have 2+ inches in some areas. Over an inch elsewhere.

Pix to follow soon...

tadeja

I'm in. I've been lurking for a couple of months and needed something to push me into actually getting and implementing a regimen. I have been washing and conditioning twice a week with Natures Gate Tea Tree Shampoo and Conditioner, my dandruff was off the chain but it has improved greatly, but now my scalp is drier than I don't know what. I've also been rollersetting my natural hair with pretty decent results. So I won't change that. What I will change it I haven't been deep conditioning, I need to do that at least twice a week as well. (I almost missed the boat on the Pibbs, but I sent my reservation letter in and should have it my the middle of February).

So my stats:
Natural 4 a/b, fine. Neck length when twisted.

Regimen (which will be refined):
Wash twice a week with Natures Gate Tea Tree
Deep Condition Twice a week with Miss Key 10 en 1
Rollerset twice a week, with twists or pin curls in between for texture when my curls fall out ( I may cut down on the setting, we'll see)

I haven't found a good moisturizer yet, any suggestions? And I've been sealing with almond oil, but I don't know if I like it yet. I think I'm using too much.

Ultimate Goal:
APL when twisted.

Thanks for starting this thread Pr3tty.

mikal

Im in i had severe breakage (thankfully no major hair loss -at folicle level - at least according to my Dr) due to weaves - but i have to keep some in and she reccomended me to another stylist - but i want in. i have to learn how to take care of my hair - i havent relaxed in seven years - and last monday i decided to relax my hairline and the top and keep the rest in weave so i have to learn - and quick.

i have 4a hair- dont know how long it is total (ie at the back) and i got the top cut into bangs.. but i want to grow it out and get my edges back.

i havent started washing or anything by myself, but i have the mizani liquid gel moisturizer and seal with evoo, and i have the mizani h20 - not sure what to do with that tho... also using the MN mixed with evoo or dr. miracles temple and nape balm mixture on the top of my hair as well as the temples...

does this MN mixture really work?? just got a fresh relaxer.. just started using it... when am i supposed to see results??? is this MN thing really worth it??

happy growing ladies!

choconillaprincess

i wanna play.... but i dunno if i'mstill considered a newbie... yea i think so... we'll b like our own generation... i'll take pics 2nite & put up my reggie tho its a work in progress

pr3tty

I'm in. I've been lurking for a couple of months and needed something to push me into actually getting and implementing a regimen. I have been washing and conditioning twice a week with Natures Gate Tea Tree Shampoo and Conditioner, my dandruff was off the chain but it has improved greatly, but now my scalp is drier than I don't know what. I've also been rollersetting my natural hair with pretty decent results. So I won't change that. What I will change it I haven't been deep conditioning, I need to do that at least twice a week as well. (I almost missed the boat on the Pibbs, but I sent my reservation letter in and should have it my the middle of February).

So my stats:
Natural 4 a/b, fine. Neck length when twisted.

Regimen (which will be refined):
Wash twice a week with Natures Gate Tea Tree
Deep Condition Twice a week with Miss Key 10 en 1
Rollerset twice a week, with twists or pin curls in between for texture when my curls fall out ( I may cut down on the setting, we'll see)

I haven't found a good moisturizer yet, any suggestions? And I've been sealing with almond oil, but I don't know if I like it yet. I think I'm using too much.

Ultimate Goal:
APL when twisted.

Thanks for starting this thread Pr3tty.

No prob... APL is also my goal too. so this should be fun

pr3tty

Im in i had severe breakage (thankfully no major hair loss -at folicle level - at least according to my Dr) due to weaves - but i have to keep some in and she reccomended me to another stylist - but i want in. i have to learn how to take care of my hair - i havent relaxed in seven years - and last monday i decided to relax my hairline and the top and keep the rest in weave so i have to learn - and quick.

i have 4a hair- dont know how long it is total (ie at the back) and i got the top cut into bangs.. but i want to grow it out and get my edges back.

i havent started washing or anything by myself, but i have the mizani liquid gel moisturizer and seal with evoo, and i have the mizani h20 - not sure what to do with that tho... also using the MN mixed with evoo or dr. miracles temple and nape balm mixture on the top of my hair as well as the temples...

does this MN mixture really work?? just got a fresh relaxer.. just started using it... when am i supposed to see results??? is this MN thing really worth it??

happy growing ladies!

Im thinking about trying MN also. They say u should see results in a month or so. Cant wait 4 pics to see ur b4 MN and after

pr3tty

My Regimen:

Pre Poo with Jojoba oil and 10 en 1 for 30-45 mins
Wash with Kera Care Moisturizing Shampoo
Dc with Doo Gro Mega Thick Intense Repair 45 mins
Con with Kera Care Moisturizing Conditioner or
Kera Care Humecto Creme Conditioner
Apply Lacio Lacio leave in
Rollerset
Airdry with rollers
Oil with Profectiv Mega Growth or
ORS Olive Oil

Im gonna try a clarifying shampoo once a month
I need oils for sealing
I also wanna try MN or MTG.
MTG mainly for thickness (I need that)
I also wanna try Silicon mix
For my next relaxer I wanna try ORS I use Dr. miracle now
I need to drink water which I dont do now

Im trying no heat for a year

LaPaciencia

Hey Everyone! Great idea Pr3tty!!! This is just the motivation I need...I'm in Ladies! As now (Jan 28, 2008) I'm...
  • scrapping shoulder length
  • growing out extreme layers:ohwell:
  • fighting against breakage!!!
  • not sure of hair type, help!!!! (fragile and fine strands)
  • Shooting for APL by Dec. 2009:drunk:
  • I love Jane Carter Solution and Aveda Sap Moss (in rotation)
  • I wash weekly and co-wash or water rinse when needed
  • Seal with coconut and castor oil
  • I love roller sets but lately I have been wearing wash and go (even though it's cold, no prob so far)
  • more details in my fotki
  • ***takes breath***

HotRibena

Okay, here goes...
I'm unfortunate to have inherited my mom's alopecia and very thin hair. I figured it was fate and have just dealt with it for the past 10 or so years.
I am texlaxed, type 4a/b hair - Mizani Butter blend regular -and between shoulder and APL. I basically wore updos, french rolls, phony ponys and a weave for a short time to hide my crown area. In November, I started the essential oil recipe and after a month saw the slightest hint of change.
Since then I have been lurking on this board and after much reading, and research came up with the following regimen.

Weekly I prepoo with Amla oil overnight then wash with shikakai oil, rinse with shikakai and amla powders. I follow with Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator conditioner. Moisturize with Elasta QP mango butter and seal with Vatika oil. I blow dry (only takes me about 5 minutes) and then it goes up in a bun or braid. I no longer have any sheddiing and my hair feels so strong!

Daily I mosturize and seal with the vatika oil and either throw on a phony pony or half wig (new for me but I'm loving it) for going to work.

My bald spot gets the following twice daily (started Jan 13th): A mix of 4% MN, JBCO, and the essential oils. This has given me the best results thus far (no, it's not an inch or 1/2 inch or even 1/4 inch, but I'll take anything - gotta be realistic). I took pics at the beginning and am excited about taking follow up pics a month later.

Pics will come (whew - that's gonna take some courage).:blush3:

My ultimate goal is not necessarily length, but thicker, healthy hair that I will once again be able to style and wear down.

pr3tty

I dont know how to figure out my hair type but if there is something for very fine and thin im that and it sucks.

I have faith and with all of us together and LHCF we'll have success with our hair:yep:

pr3tty

Okay, here goes...
I'm unfortunate to have inherited my mom's alopecia and very thin hair. I figured it was fate and have just dealt with it for the past 10 or so years.
I am texlaxed, type 4a/b hair - Mizani Butter blend regular -and between shoulder and APL. I basically wore updos, french rolls, phony ponys and a weave for a short time to hide my crown area. In November, I started the essential oil recipe and after a month saw the slightest hint of change.
Since then I have been lurking on this board and after much reading, and research came up with the following regimen.

Weekly I prepoo with Amla oil overnight then wash with shikakai oil, rinse with shikakai and amla powders. I follow with Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator conditioner. Moisturize with Elasta QP mango butter and seal with Vatika oil. I blow dry (only takes me about 5 minutes) and then it goes up in a bun or braid. I no longer have any sheddiing and my hair feels so strong!

Daily I mosturize and seal with the vatika oil and either throw on a phony pony or half wig (new for me but I'm loving it) for going to work.

My bald spot gets the following twice daily (started Jan 13th): A mix of 4% MN, JBCO, and the essential oils. This has given me the best results thus far (no, it's not an inch or 1/2 inch or even 1/4 inch, but I'll take anything - gotta be realistic). I took pics at the beginning and am excited about taking follow up pics a month later.

Pics will come (whew - that's gonna take some courage).:blush3:

My ultimate goal is not necessarily length, but thicker, healthy hair that I will once again be able to style and wear down.

We are here for you and in no time we will see major changes

Ivy_Butter

My Regimen:

Pre Poo with Jojoba oil and 10 en 1 for 30-45 mins
Wash with Kera Care Moisturizing Shampoo
Dc with Doo Gro Mega Thick Intense Repair 45 mins
Con with Kera Care Moisturizing Conditioner or
Kera Care Humecto Creme Conditioner
Apply Lacio Lacio leave in
Rollerset
Airdry with rollers
Oil with Profectiv Mega Growth or
ORS Olive Oil

Im gonna try a clarifying shampoo once a month
I need oils for sealing
I also wanna try MN or MTG.
MTG mainly for thickness (I need that)
I also wanna try Silicon mix
For my next relaxer I wanna try ORS I use Dr. miracle now
I need to drink water which I dont do now

Im trying no heat for a year

Yeah, I didn't drink water daily either until a week ago. I make sure to drink at least 1 bottled water (for now, i'll increase as I go). I went to Sam's club and bought 30 bottles for $4.00. I also make sure to eat at least 4 or 5 fruits and vegetables a day.

pr3tty

Yeah, I didn't drink water daily either until a week ago. I make sure to drink at least 1 bottled water (for now, i'll increase as I go). I went to Sam's club and bought 30 bottles for $4.00. I also make sure to eat at least 4 or 5 fruits and vegetables a day.

wow that sounds sooo good. I reallyyyy need to cut out soda and stick to water. I have to... Im gonna try really hard