CALLING ALL WET BUNNERS!!

HairTemptress

hey ladies,
i need a better way of securing my wet buns, i use a ouchless ponytail holder but i still feel like its pulling my hair out. i need something to secure it that i can i find in the drug store.

What about bobby pins to secure my wet bun? or will that break my hair?

Is there a better way to make my bun? i secure my bun with ouchless ponytail holder and then i softly twist my hair around itself and then secure with another ponytail holder. i feel as though there is a better and safer way to bun wet hair.

Thanks in advance!!:grin:

CTBhair

I wet bunn. My signature pic is the last one I did. I do a ponytail with the ouchless goody ponytail holder. Then and put a satin lined scrunchy on top of that and then wrap my hair around the scrunchy and secure it with another ouchless goody ponytail holder. I know that you said the ponytail holder migt be pulling out your hair. I do not have that problem. I thought maybe the suggestion of the scrunchy might help.

I have also tried a donut I found at Sally's with the bobby pins. I lost the donut but I actually prefer the scrunchy with the ponytail holders.

I wish you luck with whatever you decide to do!

Black Hoya Chick

i use the goody ouchless scrunchies. i use one to put my hair into a ponytail. then i wrap my hair around that in a donut-bun format and secure it with another ouchless scrunchie

HairTemptress

@Black Hoya Chick: thats how i do my buns too i just feel as though that is pulling my hair out. i do not do my buns tightly either....maybe im bugin.lol

TeeWhyAre

It stays on its own ma'am. I have days where it'll fall down & I just rewind it back but for the most part it stays there & judging by the hair in your siggy, I think your hair could do it too.

ThePerfectScore

I use old school scrunchies.... I loop my hair around itself to make the bun then apply the scrunchie on top.. I use
http://www.scunci.com/product_detail.aspx?gid=12&pid=23&lp=8 they are small enough where u don't look like a 90s throw back.

wyldcurlz

mini claw clips have really helped me. i used to lose lots of hair in my nylon "rubber" bands, now i use claw clips or those clip barrettes - the ones that snap or lock into place. i don't know if they have a name but they're not the barrettes with "teeth" (like we used to wear when we were kids) when i use these barrettes, i change up the way i bun, i twist the bun, gather the ends (at the end of the twist) tuck the ends underneath and secure the ends with the barrette.

HairTemptress

@The Pefect Score: i may just need to inves in some of these, thanks!!

@Wyldcurlz: claw clips like these? are those the things people wear in their hair, the teeth are almost comb like and it clenches on to your hair via a spring??... im not sure if im explaining it right

@Smiling Elephant: i feel as though my hiar wouldnt stay in a bun if i pun those sticks in. how do you makes sure your hair stays?

ladytea

I can't bun wet hair, but I bun damp hair.

Don't laugh, but I get best results from using a homemade ***n----- rigged*** ponytail holder and scrunchi. I got this tip from Miranda -- she's a member here and she's on youtube. Take knee high stockings and cut the very tip off. Cut the stocking in 2 or 3 pieces Voila! Ponytail holders and scrunchies. Yeah, it's ghetto, but that black knee high is 10/box or 6/box and it's soooo much cheaper than the brand name products. Plus they don't rip out my hair.

Good luck.

Stacy TheLady

Like Geelove i wrap my hair arond itself.. it's not long so it makes a small bun (my head is always covered anyways) and then i secure it with a scrungie wrapped twice only so its in place but not tight.

exubah

I just bought the Good Hair Days pins tonight from Sally's and they are off da chain.........these will definitely be replacing my Goody Ouchless Elastic Bands!

SmilingElephant

@The Pefect Score: i may just need to inves in some of these, thanks!!

@Wyldcurlz: claw clips like these? are those the things people wear in their hair, the teeth are almost comb like and it clenches on to your hair via a spring??... im not sure if im explaining it right

@Smiling Elephant: i feel as though my hiar wouldnt stay in a bun if i pun those sticks in. how do you makes sure your hair stays?

What i do is go ahead and form bun...whether you want a cinnamon bun or whatever....you take the stick and place the point going slightly upward as you're putting it in and then twist it downward like you're weaving so that it catches scalp hair and continue to push it through the bun until its secure.

It's gonna take a few tries before you get it just right....but i can use one stick to hold my bun all day long....sometimes i use two for extra security.:yep: