How do you make your bun?

serena

[ QUOTE ]
jainygirl said:
i just twist my hair coil it around and secure it with a scrunchie. the ends stay tucked without using hair pins.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly how I do mine. I use a velvet scrunchie.

inthepink

Just wanted to give an update that I've learned how to make a bun!

I bought a package of really small black satin scrunchies. I twist that around my hair twice. Then, I twist my hair and coil my hair around the scrunchy. Since the scrunchy is so small, my hair covers it. I pin my hair in place with good hair days pins. This works best for me b/c my hair doesn't get tangly and it seems to make the "neatest" bun.

keylargo

Your bun looks so nice and neat. I love looking at your photos

Tracy

Try CVS Luna...scunci makes nice small ones that come in bulk - about 10 to a pack.

I'm a scunci fan at the mo - their nylon ponytail holders are a must have in my bathroom (and purse, and travel bag, and gym bag etc.)

inthepink

I got my mini satin scrunchies at Osco. I am not sure if they were scunci..maybe. But there were 5 black ones in a pack. Perfect b/c I don't much care for the different colors!

renee_n_3000

Hairlove,

Your hair is beautiful and the bun looks great.

In the last picture, are those decorative hair pins you have on each side or is that just a reflection on your shiny hair? Either way, you've given me an idea of how to dress up my next bun.

balleryna

I did a cameo bun this morning. I saw this on a friend's web page. Have you seen those scrunchies or hair ribbons that are made out of faux hair? Well she found one that was braided. And then she made her hair in a cinnamon bun and then she pinned the hair ribbon braid around it. It looked like a cameo. so pretty!!!

I didn't have a braided ribbon. And I think I told all of you before that i'm braid challenged. Dear hubby to the rescue. He braided the last couple ends of my hair. Then I made a cinnamon bun and the braided ends and wrapped it around to look like a cameo. It doesn't look as nice as the braid ribbon but I like it! Gotta go to Sally's tomorrow for a braid ribbon...

inthepink

Those are hair pins around my bun. They are straight pins with a butterfly on the end. I put 4 around my bun to dress it up. I think I got them at Claire's 6 in a pack.

shygurl

for a full bun i put my hair in a ponytail using a hair tie (not a rubber band of any sort). then i find the middle of the ponytail with my finger and i start at the bottom (the part closet to the nape of the neck)and in a circular direction i begin tucking and folding the hair under until the entire length of my ponytail is in a bun. once it is i use bobbypins to secure the hair in place. for a cute messy bun i take the end of my ponytail and i wrap it aroung the ponytail band and then i just put some bobby pins on it to keep it in place. i call this the cute messy bun because my hair isn't all one length and some strands of hair stick out but it looks so cute that way. my hair is past my shoulders but not near bra strap length. i never dress up my buns with anything..maybe i'll start this spring (hey that rhymes....)

renee_n_3000

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Those are hair pins around my bun. They are straight pins with a butterfly on the end. I put 4 around my bun to dress it up. I think I got them at Claire's 6 in a pack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Hairlove.

Dreamn

Chasing the Unicorn
hey hairlove

i saw your comment in my album..sorry sometimes i forget i have an album

but umm..i put my hair in a ponytail and then i split the hair apart into even pieces. i wrap both pieces clockwise so i can try and achieve the full look and pin the hair down best i can.

sorry its not too detailed. those pix are my first buns and ive only done 2 ever.

Honeyhips

Lovely
[ QUOTE ]
zanna said:
I just grab all my hair and twist it then turn the twisted lock around to make a bun, and secure it with pins.
Zanna.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is exactly what I do.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
this forum is fairly helpful to me b/c ive been wondering the same thing. how do u achieve a natural looking bun (no phony bun) if your hair is neck/collar length?