Calling ladies from the West Indies

DSTcutie

I'm a NYC born Jamerican (my dad is Jamaican, but my mom is Native American/Black). My hair is shoulder length, but I usually keep my hair braided while I rock my weaves.

This is a great thread, Sabrina.

rai

What's up West Indian Massive!!!!

I'm a first generation american (Brooklyn born. Hey you know that's were all the West Indians go...
). Anyways, my mom is Trini and my dad is from grenada.

Actually, I'm going to Grenada for Carnival on August 6 and then I'm going to visit some fam in Trinidad from August 15-23. Is anyone going to Grendad for Carnival.

Here's my info: I'm in chicago for grad school. I defend my MS next week (clap, clap). My hair is au-natural, and I have about 5-6 inches of hair.

My hair goal: Front of hair to reach shoulders.

Oh I forgot my hair regime: Well, I've started taking vitamins (GNC Ultra Nourishair, MSM, Biotin, MultiVitamin). I been Surging for 2 weeks (Haven't seen any growth, but hair does seem stronger. I actually did a dry detangle today, and I saw about 2 strands of hair in the comb). Also, I'm keeping my hair moisturized with Elasta QP Rcovery oil (I love this stuff) and Carol's Daugher Hair Milk (Don't like it, but I'm trying to finish the bottle). I love Carol's Daugher Mimosa Honey, I use it to twist and braid.

I have not been exercising these last 2 weeks, because I'm bogged down with schoolwork. But, once May 13 pass. I'll be hitting the gym again.

My big hair concern right now is finding a good conditioner. I have been using Aveda Sap Moss Conditioner, but it doesn't really seem to offer good slip....so I'm still looking.

katie

Is anyone actually in the Caribbean?If so have you been able to find Surge?I'm in Trinidad and was wondering if it was possible to find it here.

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
Wow, I'm impressed with your regime. When I was your age I did nothing but damage my hair. It's good that you've started early on the road to healthy hair
You're already using my #1 product, WGO..I love that stuff!

Keep up the good work!

JaneBond

[ QUOTE ]
shinyblackhair said:
Well, I am a 1st generation Canadian, however my mom is from Trinidad and my dad is Jamaican. You are very knowledgable about hair care for a 15 year old. That is so wonderful! I wish I knew as much as you do about hair when I was that age, LOL...

Keep up the good work, it sounds like you've got an excellent routine going.

[/ QUOTE ]

just like me except i live in the us but my dad is from ja and my mom is trini.

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
DSTcutie said:
I'm a NYC born Jamerican

[/ QUOTE ]

ME TOO....

[ QUOTE ]
(my dad is Jamaican, but my mom is Native American/Black).

[/ QUOTE ]

My situation is just the opposite.... (Mom is Jamaican, Dad is Black American)

blackdiamond

Hey girl, we are so far and few in between. I'm Haitian too. For a young girl you know a lot about hair care. I have a texturizer in my hair. I found that its dry. My goal is to have thick healthy hair reaching my bra strap. Right now I have a weave in my hair. A portion of my hair is out. Does anyone know what I can do to keep it from breaking as I'm constantly flat ironing it to keep it straight? HELP

browncrownQt

Hello all, I too am a first generation Trini 2 de Bone. Both my parents hail from TNT (Mother from South Oropouche, and Father from Arima). I was born and raised in Bklyn( E. 54th btwn Snyder & Tilden), then transplanted to Rockaway Parkway btwn Church & Linden. Married to a first generation Jamaican. Love my people liked cooked food!!! LOL
"Sweet, Sweet, TNT, ..Oh how I love up mi country..."

Big chop: March 2003 less than 1 inch
Currently: 6 inches at crown, 6.5 inches on sides, and 7 inches at nape
Goal for Aug 2004: 9 to 10 inches all around.

Casarela

Sak Ap Fet !!?? to all my haitian and west-indian people. I am the first generation born in Montreal(French), Canada.
My mother is from Haiti and my father from Morocco. Ive chopped my hai ra while ago and ive been growing my hair for a while. My hair is healthy so far and im getting more lenght I dont know how much exactly but my fro is about the same as kelis.

Im so suprised to see so many haitians on the board!

MUCH LOVE TO ALL MY WEST-INDIANS!!!

luvhair

Beauty and Fashion Junkie
IM WEST INDIAN!! My parents are both from Antigua and I was born in the Virgin Islands but I live in Cali now. My hair was almost bra strap but I cut it offf to go natural.

Islandgirl

oh my that's so scary. my parents are also from antigua, i was born in the virgin islands. we have the same birthday and we are the same age...

Islandgirl

[ QUOTE ]
mahogani said:
My parents are from antigua too where in antigua my parents are from Allsaints.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey, i'm from st. thomas vi, my father lives in all saints too, a matter of fact he lives on all saints road. kool

chocolate01

My family is from Guyana. My twin brother and I were both born there as well and came to the US when we were four. I currently live in the capital of NY.