Can I ask a DUMB question

Smiley79

Is it this one?

It has Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate and Ammonium Laureth Sulfate

I didnt see yours...it was this shampoo:

HoneyBadger

Dumb question: are twists bad for your ends? I don't use heat and most bun after taking down my twists but gosh darnit if my ends aren't messed up.

felic1

My ends break when I twist. So I braid mostly towards the ends. Not all the way and coat with cream or butter on the ends.

Aggie

Can lack of protein or too much moisture cause split ends/mid shaft splits?

Yessssss!!!!! Fix it quick. It will cause severe breakage and I speak from experience. Collagen fixes this for me very well.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

@Fuu, I totally agree with @Saludable84. I find that when all I do is cowash without deep conditioning with some protein conditioner, my hair revolts in the biggest way with massive amounts of split ends.

Believe me, this is not the way to go. Protein sensitive hair could get away with wheat protein - a very mild protein, but my need something a lot more of a medium to hardcore strength, being so fine, like Duo Tek Protein Conditioner and a few others I have in my stash.

I was thinking about trying out an egg in my conditioner every now and then for both strengthening and thickening during my cowash:yep:.

Fuu

@Fuu, I totally agree with @Saludable84. I find that when all I do is cowash without deep conditioning with some protein conditioner, my hair revolts in the biggest way with massive amounts of split ends. Believe me, this is not the way to go. Protein sensitive hair could get away with wheat protein - a very mild protein, but my need something a lot more of a medium to hardcore strength, being so fine, like Duo Tek Protein Conditioner and a few others I have in my stash. I was thinking about trying out an egg in my conditioner every now and then for both strengthening and thickening during my cowash:yep:.

Thanks~ I'm still trying to get some sort of regimen down so I can have healthier hair. My instinct was telling me that the problem was because I don't use protein enough.

I thought that I should ask here just in case I'm wrong. I'll make sure to use protein more regularly in my washes. Thanks again~

thebelleofelle

this may sound dumb but I have to ask....

how do I wash my hair in box braids and avoid the frizz and hair sticking up?? I want to keep them looking as fresh as possible but I need to wash them bcuz my scalp has OD build-up.

TIA

NGraceO

this may sound dumb but I have to ask.... how do I wash my hair in box braids and avoid the frizz and hair sticking up?? I want to keep them looking as fresh as possible but I need to wash them bcuz my scalp has OD build-up. TIA

thebelleofelle
NOT a dumb question!! What I do: after shampoo and condition and let a a towel absorb some of he excess water for a while. The. I moisturize n seal, place my braids in a low pony and smooth. Then tie a satin scarf around it in a taught matter and air dry this way, while working around the house.....

You braids WILL frizz, but this helped me dramatically cut down on it and keep my braid looking neat for longer.

NGraceO

PlainJane

Sorry if this has been asked before, but has anyone here used simplicity hair oil before? I came across their Instagram page and see they are used by a few celebs...

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Can scratching my head while in cornrows cause breakage? Im wondering if I should just take the braids down. Sigh

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
How much oil is too much for a pre poo?

An ounce should be enough for just about any length and texture. Its not about the amount, its all about how well you work it in so that all your strands are saturated. You can use 1 oil or a blend of several. No limit to how many oils you can mix

PJaye

I know that this is not hair related, but...how do I block/turn off signatures? Someone's animated signature is making me nauseous, and since she is a frequent poster it's become difficult to avoid it. So, how can I get rid of it?

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Is ApHogee Two Step still effective if no heat is used? TIA

I tried it years ago without heat and it didn't do much for me.

Maybe others can chime in with success stories but I didn't have any result from it. It wasn't good or bad just messy.

Aggie

I know that this is not hair related, but...how do I block/turn off signatures? Someone's animated signature is making me nauseous, and since she is a frequent poster it's become difficult to avoid it. So, how can I get rid of it?

Whoa, this is weird because I was just thinking the same thing. Some signatures really do have a nauseating effect on me as well - there is wayyyy too much movement and it makes me want to :barf:.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
This may sound extremely dumb, but can I do the greenhouse effect without a plastic cap. After I moisturize my hair and massage my scalp I put on a bonnet. Then I put on a hair turban to keep my pillow from getting oily. I just wonder if im creating moist steam... I use the baggy sometimes during the day, but it really interferes with my sleep

SavannahNatural

This may sound extremely dumb, but can I do the greenhouse effect without a plastic cap. After I moisturize my hair and massage my scalp I put on a bonnet. Then I put on a hair turban to keep my pillow from getting oily. I just wonder if im creating moist steam... I use the baggy sometimes during the day, but it really interferes with my sleep

I'd say yes, but not to the same extent as using a plastic cap.

With the two items you're trapping more body heat, than only using one or the other. HTH

faithVA

You don't need to keep the plastic cap on all night. Start with it on and when it really starts bugging you, pull it off and put your bonnet back on. You don't necessarily need hours upon hours of GHE to see results.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay

Prettymetty, I think a plastic cap generates the best steam but it's not necessary so long as you're generating body heat. However, I almost never generate heat with a bonnet so plastic cap is a must.

Fuu

How do I keep my ends from tangling around each other?

I usually put coconut oil in after conditioning and leave it in under a shower cap, then rinse. This takes up a lot of time though.

Also, has anyone used Motions CPR treatment? If you do, how do you use it? Have you seen a big improvement in the health of your hair? Growth?

NGraceO

How do I keep my ends from tangling around each other? I usually put coconut oil in after conditioning and leave it in under a shower cap, then rinse. This takes up a lot of time though. Also, has anyone used Motions CPR treatment? If you do, how do you use it? Have you seen a big improvement in the health of your hair? Growth?

You might want to check for split ends. My ends get extra tangly when they looked all split and chewed up- they stick more.