Can I ask a DUMB question

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
How do I keep my ends from tangling around each other?

I usually put coconut oil in after conditioning and leave it in under a shower cap, then rinse. This takes up a lot of time though.

Also, has anyone used Motions CPR treatment? If you do, how do you use it? Have you seen a big improvement in the health of your hair? Growth?

Trim your ends. If your ends are tapered and fragile they will tangle...

I used cpr years ago when I was relaxed. It made my hair stronger, but its hard to rinse out all the little herbs in the treatment

HanaKuroi

gbunnie said:
Is there a difference between pressed hair and flat ironed hair?

Pressed hair is done with a pressing comb.

Flat ironed hair is done with a flat iron.

When my mom was young after their hair was pressed they got it pulled. Pullers were old fashioned flat irons that went on the stove just like a pressing comb.

I like my hair pressed better than flat ironed.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Smiley79

My question is regarding the LOC or LCO method...can shea butter count as my Oil or does it actually have to be a liquid oil like EVOO or Coconut?

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
My question is regarding the LOC or LCO method...can shea butter count as my Oil or does it actually have to be a liquid oil like EVOO or Coconut?

You would have to add the B for butter I believe. Some people also do LOCB and LCOB methods, and butter is butter.

NGraceO

Can I just use the relaxer straight out the tub?

If it is lye, yes, although many ladies around here like to dilute theirs with oils and such. I do so, but mostly because I texlax.

If it is no lye, absolutely not. :lachen: but I'm sure you knew that.

Babygrowth

If it is lye, yes, although many ladies around here like to dilute theirs with oils and such. I do so, but mostly because I texlax.

If it is no lye, absolutely not. :lachen: but I'm sure you knew that.

Yep, its lye and I don't mix anything in. Luckily the relaxer underprocesses me just enough.

BFeathers

Is MSM the same as the sulfa that brings about a sulfa allergy? :look:

A year ago I was prescribed Bactrim and in 2 days I woke up itching like crazy and I was red on my legs, arms and thighs. As the day progressed it got worse and I went to my doctor's office and they were like OMG! You're very allergic to sulfa drugs because I'm pretty brown and it was naked eye noticeable.

Now that I'm finally taking vitamins like I should and biotin I've been looking at this one but I'm not sure. My doctor's office is a bunch of crackheads so I refuse to go back until I can find a new doctor with a competent staff and ones where a 11am appointment isn't really 1pm so the "ask your doctor" is out.

Smiley79

Can I blow out my natural hair when it's dry (meaning not after a fresh wash)? I want to experiment and try a twist out on blown out hair just to see the difference; All the videos that I saw seemed to be blow outs on freshly washed hair. I just washed and DC my hair Tuesday night so I don't plan on co-washing my hair anytime soon.

Blairx0

Can I blow out my natural hair when it's dry (meaning not after a fresh wash)? I want to experiment and try a twist out on blown out hair just to see the difference; All the videos that I saw seemed to be blow outs on freshly washed hair. I just washed and DC my hair Tuesday night so I don't plan on co-washing my hair anytime soon.

I think it is an old school rule not to put heat on dirty hair. The logic behind it I can't say for certain but I know I would never do it. With a fresh wash and moisture infusion through deep conditioning I wouldn't get the smooth results I like from using heat

tjrj1998

You dont have to co-wash, but you do need to have wet hair.
You can take a spray bottle with water and spritz it on before blow drying each section.

tjrj1998

Can I wash my hair while it's in cornrows?

Put a stocking cap on
Wet your hair under the water (make sure the force is not too strong)
Take off stocking cap from front to back.
Spray on shampoo
Let it sit for 30 mins while it does its job
PUt stocking cap back on and rinse hair thoroughly with warm water.
Take off stocking cap and plop an old tea shirt over your head and leave it on for about 5 mins. Take off the shirt and spray on leave in and spray on sealant. Then apply a dry stocking cap. Sit under a dryer or use a warm hand dryer. If you don't your hair will take forever to dry.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Has anyone ever experienced buildup from a homemade sulfur oil?

I started using my sulfur oil about a week ago and my last wash day was rough. I had tangles and matting near the root. This has never happened before. Either I used too much sulfur oil or my hair just doesn't like mane n tail...

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Is it ok to wash hair in braids without detangling afterwards? I want to try the stocking cap/tshirt thing next wash day

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
What do Caucasian people use for a hard/strong protein treatment?

I know we use Aphogee, Duo Tex, DRC, and Neutral Protein Filler. But, what do the "others" use?