Can I just feel sorry for myself for a minute?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I just need to vent. I'm really hating my hair right now. It's so dry and brittle and thin, all because of m stupid thyroid. If I didn't have Hashimoto's, I'd be MBL on my way to WL by now. My hair would be thick and I'd be happy and lovin it

But because of this dumb little organ in my throat, everything is just effed up. Hair is paper thin, coarse, dry and back at APL. My hair is growing super slow and my edges are disappearing before my eyes. Who woulda thunk that a stupid thyroid could cause alopecia? I'm terrified that my edges will never come back

My hair is so thin, and getting thinner by the day. I just feel like crying and I'm so embarrassed by my hair lately.

Besides the desert dry hair and hair loss, it's also making my skin super dry. I can't lose weight (but keep gaining it! :wallbash: ) my libido is shot to hell, I have constant mood swings, I look tired and haggard all the time because my skin is so dull, I'm always tired..... I'm just too through right now

pookaloo83

I just need to vent. I'm really hating my hair right now. It's so dry and brittle and thin, all because of m stupid thyroid. If I didn't have Hashimoto's, I'd be MBL on my way to WL by now. My hair would be thick and I'd be happy and lovin it

But because of this dumb little organ in my throat, everything is just effed up. Hair is paper thin, coarse, dry and back at APL. My hair is growing super slow and my edges are disappearing before my eyes. Who woulda thunk that a stupid thyroid could cause alopecia? I'm terrified that my edges will never come back

My hair is so thin, and getting thinner by the day. I just feel like crying and I'm so embarrassed by my hair lately.

Besides the desert dry hair and hair loss, it's also making my skin super dry. I can't lose weight (but keep gaining it! :wallbash: ) my libido is shot to hell, I have constant mood swings, I look tired and haggard all the time because my skin is so dull, I'm always tired..... I'm just too through right now

How did you find out you had a thyroid problem? I have almost exactly the same symptoms. Sorry to hear that. You'll bounce back. :yep:

Last edited:

soulie

:hug2: Aww Tiffers, I feel that I can't do anything for you other than pray. But know that you do have my prayers.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Tiffers, I know you feel down, but I think you are blessed because you are beautiful, your hair is beautiful and things could be so much worse. I'd never know you were suffering from this had you not mentioned it. {{BIG HUG}}

shtow

Awww mama it will be ok. I pray for you to get everything in order in a timely manner. My mom has the same condition and she has turned her hair around and is anti LHCF so I know you'll be swanging your hair something serious. :bighug:

SunnyDelight

((((HUGGS)))) CHICA!!!

It is so rare that you are down- you have such a great spirit and always offer encouragement to all of us. I"m sorry this is happening to you. I think your hair is beautiful. God never puts more on us than we can bear - and he knows that you will find a solution to how to maintain healthy hair and be an advocate to all women going through thyroid issues and their hair.

SOOOOOO, Miss queen of challenges - This is just a little challenge for you. I know you will survive.

Christelyn

Dear Tiffers,

Praying for you that your body heals from this condition. A thyroid condition is confusing for a lot of people, and it affects so many parts of the body. I hope they find a medication and treatment plan to ease the problem. Maybe look into what can help naturally too.

Dymmeonds

Please don't feel sorry for yourself. I have been where you are and the key is to remember how Blessed we are in spite of all that can possibly occur to us in this world.The Lord never gives us more than we can bear. If you believe, your faith will heal you from the inside out. Matthew 9:22 Take heart, daughter," he said, "your faith has healed you." And the woman was healed from that moment.

You have been helpful to so many here...and I am sure your kindness does not stop on these pages. Be blessed!

isobell

Aww Tiffers! I'm sorry. I don't know anything about your condition but I've always thought your hair was just gorgeous and once you have your thyroid condition stabilized it'll go back to it's former glory. Just keep taking care of your body and your health because thats that the most important thing and everything will fall back into place.

Have you looked into taking fish oil or flaxseed oil supplements? They might help with the dryness you're experiencing. I know these oils provide essential fatty acids which nourish and provide internal moisture to hair and skin, i always notice when i stop using them regularly. Silica and pantothenic acid will also contribute to the strength and thickness of your hair. Ask your doctor if you can use these supplements. I'm sure the other ladies will have other foods/supplements to recommend.

Keep your head up dear! :sneakyhug:

Eisani

:( Tiff! I know you're down right now, but you WILL recover. I can imagine how discouraged you feel right now, but just keep doing what you have to to get well and your hair and skin will bounce back. Have you looked into any natural alternatives? You know where to find me if you ever need to talk. :hug: :kiss:

belle_reveuse28

Hey Tiffers, I've always loved your hair and could not tell you had a thyroid issue. Luckiestdestiny has thyroid issues as well. she has managed to find many organic and natural alternatives that has aided her into loosing weight and getting her body back healthy, Chlorella being a HUGE one of them. Dont know if you've checked out the Chlorella thread. But PM LD because I know she had loads of information and I've heard and seen from her testimonials the things she has discovered that has helped her combat this disease and get her body back in order. This certainly is a lot to bear, and although it is true that God gives us what we can handle, it is also true that our burdens can be heavy. Otherwise, He wouldn't say, "come to me all of you who are burdened and heavy laiden, and I will give you rest." Rest in the knowledge and comfort that the Lord will take care of you, and he will supply your needs, and that He is even concerned about the things we make think sometimes is small... Your concern for your hair is not simple vanity, but is real and legitimate. I will pray for you, that you would recover well and fast, and that you would also find the answers you need to help along the way. Be encouraged in this time, I know it is difficult, but know that the Lord is with you and hears your cry... Much love!

T.

Qualitee

aaawwww Tiffers:kiss: Im sorry that this is happening to you:cry2: I really hope it gets better. My heart goes out to you. your going to make it!

RadiantBeauty

Hey Tiffers, hope you get better very soon! :hug2: You're a strong person and you will definitely get through this! I'll be praying for you. :sneakyhug:

tiffers

How did you find out you had a thyroid problem? I have almost exactly the same symptoms. Sorry to hear that. You'll bounce back. :yep:
Thanks!

I found out through a doctor. I went in because I had these itchy, dry, scaley patches on the back of my hands. He ran a few tests and the Hashimoto's/hypothyroid came back positive

tiffers

It sounds so horrible. Are their medications you can take? Supplements? I know you'll recover from this - keep your head up!
Thanks so much. I've been reading a lot on natural supplements because I don't trust pharmaceuticals :sekret:

I'm currently taking gotu kola, alfalfa, selenium, b-complex and chlorella for my thyroid. Planning on adding oatstraw and horsetail to the mix soon.... I think it's pretty cool that these can simultaneously help with my thyroid AND hair! :giggle:

tiffers

Aww Tiffers! I'm sorry. I don't know anything about your condition but I've always thought your hair was just gorgeous and once you have your thyroid condition stabilized it'll go back to it's former glory. Just keep taking care of your body and your health because thats that the most important thing and everything will fall back into place. Have you looked into taking fish oil or flaxseed oil supplements? They might help with the dryness you're experiencing. I know these oils provide essential fatty acids which nourish and provide internal moisture to hair and skin, i always notice when i stop using them regularly. Silica and pantothenic acid will also contribute to the strength and thickness of your hair. Ask your doctor if you can use these supplements. I'm sure the other ladies will have other foods/supplements to recommend. Keep your head up dear! :sneakyhug:

Thanks for your encouragement!

I'll have to remember to get some silica, I took it a few months back and really loved it. I've been thinking about fish oil as well, thanks for reminding me!

tiffers

:( Tiff! I know you're down right now, but you WILL recover. I can imagine how discouraged you feel right now, but just keep doing what you have to to get well and your hair and skin will bounce back. Have you looked into any natural alternatives? You know where to find me if you ever need to talk. :hug: :kiss:
Thanks E :hug2:

All I take is natural supplements, I'm trying to find the right mix that'll help cause it's just too much sometimes :nono: