Can I just feel sorry for myself for a minute?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Hey Tiffers, I've always loved your hair and could not tell you had a thyroid issue. Luckiestdestiny has thyroid issues as well. she has managed to find many organic and natural alternatives that has aided her into loosing weight and getting her body back healthy, Chlorella being a HUGE one of them. Dont know if you've checked out the Chlorella thread. But PM LD because I know she had loads of information and I've heard and seen from her testimonials the things she has discovered that has helped her combat this disease and get her body back in order. This certainly is a lot to bear, and although it is true that God gives us what we can handle, it is also true that our burdens can be heavy. Otherwise, He wouldn't say, "come to me all of you who are burdened and heavy laiden, and I will give you rest." Rest in the knowledge and comfort that the Lord will take care of you, and he will supply your needs, and that He is even concerned about the things we make think sometimes is small... Your concern for your hair is not simple vanity, but is real and legitimate. I will pray for you, that you would recover well and fast, and that you would also find the answers you need to help along the way. Be encouraged in this time, I know it is difficult, but know that the Lord is with you and hears your cry... Much love! T.

Thank you so much! :hug2:

I've had lots of conversations with LD, she's very sweet and helpful! I am taking chlorella right now, but it's the tabs so it wouldn't be econimical to take 7g a day :lol: I'm only taking 4mg right now, but after I run out of tabs, I'll be getting powder. LOTS of powder!

tiffers

Ladies, thank you all so much for your kind words! I feel better now, it just gets soooo difficult and frustrating sometimes

Thank you for making me feel better :grouphug:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
awww sweetie, so sorry
said a little prayer for you
I hope you will find a combo of remedies that helps you eliminate the condition completely

Muse

Wow I can't believe I ran into this thread because I am scheduled to have my thyroid checked this morning before work, I think I may have been missed diagnosed with an autoimmune disease because thyroid issues run rampant in my family.

Tiffers, are you on meds to balance your thyroid? If so doesn't balancing it out cause your hair to return to normal?

Jetblackhair

Awww Tiffers, I'm so sorry. I had no idea you were going through all of this because you are just so happy and supportive of others on the board.

I wish all the best for you. :bighug:

nucienuce1

I'm so sorry and I hope every thing will work out. My aunt has this same problem and her Dr told her to increase her Iodine intake (seafood is a good source). Stay blessed

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
:hug2: Tiffers
Sending you a hug through the wires... I wish you didn't have a problem with your thyroid. Hang in there. I don't know about this particular type of Thyroidism, but my friend at work has problems with her thyroid and she has the same complaints and problems. She had her thyroid radiated and she now is hypo (or is it the other way around :spinning:)

She started using Wen at my suggestion and it has helped her hair and she loves it. Also, Ovation Shampoo, Cell Therapy and Rinse are great for people going through cancer treatments and I use it. It may help.

Can you take Chlorella? Did you check out the Chlorella thread?

I'm going to pray for you too.

SelfStyled

I am so sorry Tiffers that you are going through this! You are our own resident cheerleader- we can't have you feeling down. I also am Hypo so I can definitely relate to your concerns. You are doing all the right things, once when I was feeling down, my Dr said to me anyone dealing with anything chronic has the right to feel down every now and then. Do something for you that makes you feel good, and then get back right up and at 'em. XXXOOXX.

caribgirl

:needhug:

Tiff: your hair,skin, metabolism, and mental being will get better!! You are one of the most determined, caring, and strong-willed LHCFers IMHO !

Believe that you will recover, sweetie!!! Many blessings to you!

Tiffers,
I'm so sorry you are going through this. You are one of the shining lights on this board and I know for all the support, encouragement, advice, help, etc. that you give to us here, I know that those blessings will come back to you tenfold! We are here to support you and ITA with SelfStyled, treat yourself to something to help you feel a little better. I'll be sending positive prayers your way.

mkd

Just wanted to send you a hug. I am pretty new but I really enjoy your posts, your energy is very positive and like another poster said, I am sure you are like that in real life. Its going to get better.

tiffers

Youre so welcome. Please report back. I hope its benefits you. What about coconut oil though? :look:

Oh, sorry :lol:

I did take coconut oil, two tablespoons a day. But I just couldn't take it anymore :nono: Do you have any suggestions for getting it down? Because I would love to start back up again

lane

Hugs to you! I will keep you in my prayers. Continue to try and take the best care of yourself you can.

tiffers

Wow I can't believe I ran into this thread because I am scheduled to have my thyroid checked this morning before work, I think I may have been missed diagnosed with an autoimmune disease because thyroid issues run rampant in my family. Tiffers, are you on meds to balance your thyroid? If so doesn't balancing it out cause your hair to return to normal?
I've read a lot of message boards for people with Hypo/Hashi's and all of the people on Synthroid and other presciptions say that their hair situation got worse or stayed the same :ohwell:

I'm taking natural supplements :yep:

Auburn

I did take coconut oil, two tablespoons a day. But I just couldn't take it anymore :nono: Do you have any suggestions for getting it down? Because I would love to start back up again

I like to add it to rice.
I think the best way for me to take it is if I swallow it solid and chase it with juice :yep:
You can always put it hot coco or coffee.

fyb87

I'm sorry you are going through this right now. I just said a prayer for you. I know things will get better.[/COLOR]

Ltown

Greyland
I'm sorry to hear you are not feeling well and will pray for you. You have great information and challenges I read your post all the time.

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Awww Tiffs...I'm sorry. Maybe put it in your coffee with milk? It's great. We also cook with ours. Make eggs in the morning using coconut oil. Prepare you evening meal using it.

Evolving78

things will get better. just keep taking care of yourself the best way that you can. i am going to pray for healing and courage in yourbody and life. you have to stay strong and positive. that is what helps the most through difficult medical situations. please keep your chin up my sista!