Can I just feel sorry for myself for a minute?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I like to add it to rice. I think the best way for me to take it is if I swallow it solid and chase it with juice :yep: You can always put it hot coco or coffee.
Ooooh, hot coco is a good idea! We have a big box of the stuff just laying around! I'll do that! Thanks girl!

tiffers

Awww Tiffs...I'm sorry. Maybe put it in your coffee with milk? It's great. We also cook with ours. Make eggs in the morning using coconut oil. Prepare you evening meal using it.
Cooking with it is a good idea! Now why didn't my slow self think of that? :lol:

BostonMaria

Tiff, I had no idea you were going through this. I'm sending you a big hug :bighug:
I know how you are with your hair so I can only imagine how hard this is for you. Know that we are all rooting and praying for you!

Aspire

Yes, you can feel sorry for yourself. Sometimes you just need empathetic shoulder (or in this case "reader") to cry on. We are all praying for you.

Just know . . .
- Even though it sometimes seems like you are alone, you are not. There are others who have traveled this road before you, are on it with you now, and will travel it in the future. (maybe your doctor can help you reach out to others so you can share successes? provide look forward glimpses?).
- God doesn't put more on you than you can handle, so KNOW without a doubt that you will get through this
- When it is all over, He will use you as a testimony to pull someone else through
- It is okay to cry and complain, even David did that. But don't give up, and don't let it get the best of you.
- Remeber, we are given obstacles to conquer - they do not conquer us!

I don't know you personally, but I have read your posts and seen your fotki. You are a Sister with strength and tenacity. You will get through this. This too shall pass.

Sorry for the long post. In order to be honest I needed the extra words.

HERMOM

TIFFERS - BE ENCOURAGED -THANK GOD YOU KNOW WHATS WRONG. GOD IS HEALING YOU EACH MOMENT OF EVERY DAY ONE CELL AT A TIME. GET READY FOR WHEN YOU ARE BETTER THEN YOU WERE BEFORE A LOT OF OTHERS WILL LOOK TO YOU FOR HELP. YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION TO US ALL

Avyn

Hey Girl!!
I went to earthclinic.com and searched Hashimoto. There are several remedies that people have posted, coconut oil is one, also, kombucha tea (which I've been hearing a lot about lately), and here's an excerpt from an article by the main contributer there. He's really long winded so I took an excerpt. It has received great results from this for Hashimoto's as well as other autoimmune diseases, plus its been shown to thicken and give body to hair (see below):

DO NOT CONFUSE BORAX WITH BORIC ACID!
DO NOT TAKE BORIC ACID IN PLACE OF BORAX!

WHERE TO FIND BORAX
:
In the laundry detergent section of your local grocery store.
Brand Names: 20 Mule Team (USA), BORAXO (USA, MEXICO)

Here's the excerpt:
Ted - Generally speaking, Hashimoto's disease and low thyroid (hypothyroid) often goes together, that's because it is the Hashimoto that is causing thyroiditis, suppressing the thyroid function leading to hypothyroidism through a condition called thyroditis - an inflammation of the thyroid. While most convential medicine is silent as to whether autoimmune disease is fungal or viral in nature, my own experience and the remedy for Hashimoto's disease deals with the cause, or at least makes more sense at least for me, by trying to normalize thyroid function instead of going for hormone replacement which worsens the condition in the long run.

The cause of Hashimoto's disease based on my experience is often triggered by fungus exposure by living in a moldy house for a long period of time. This often triggers a series of disease within the entire family (living in that area for decades), one can have polycystic kidney disease, another can get polycystic ovarian syndrome, another can lead to hirsutism, and yet another can get Hashimoto's disease.

The trigger has often been the fungus. Most autoimmunity disease that I have encountered has been the fungus that leads to autoimmunity. It's effect is similar when a fungus infection causing us to scratch so much until the skin begins to bleed to remove the itchiness. Imagine a white blood cells detecting this irritation and this leads to "autoimmunity".

My encounters with a few people with Hashimoto that I find a major problem, is that there are strings of other disease too, not just hypothyroidism, PCOS, adrenal exhaustion, chronic fatigue, etc.

Therefore, it is without surprise that one of the remedy intended as an antifungal remedy responds well such as the borax remedy (against autoimmunity, normal hormonal function) using 1/4 teaspoon of borax (maybe lower in woman at 1/8 teaspoon) in one liter of drinking water, taken usually 5 days out of a week to reduce autoimmunity. Selenium is a well known antifungal and in some cases of Hashimoto, depression is indicated. In this event taking selenium supplements, usually selenium yeast or selenomethionine helps. This is also true of another antifungal mineral such as chromium, which by the way lowers the blood sugar that leads to improvement in Hashimoto.

Jdub - I did a search on borax on the site and it does great things for the hair and scalp.

[YEA] 08/12/2007: Jackie from Grand Rapids, Minn. writes: "Hi, i'm using many of Ted's wonderful remedies. The latest is borax for a shampoo. I was scared at first, thought my hair would be a matted, tangled, dried out mess. Well it works better than any shampoo i've tried, and my stick straight thin hair has new thickness and body. So much so, that i was able to get a chin length haircut with bangs which i didn't dare do before. I don't know if i'm right but i use 2 tbsp borax to 2 qts. warm water and pour it over my head about 3 times then massage my scalp then rinse. i almost forgot to mention i don't need a conditioner or detangling rinse. This makes me really happy because i'm trying to reduce or eliminate chemicals on my skin and body.I use borax water to dampen my hair before a hairset too. I have very light gray hair and i'm trying blackstrap molasses everyday to see if i can get some darker hair back. several people who don't know i'm doing this have said my hair looks darker gray, it definetly is darkening at the hairline on the sides and on the nckline after a short time, so i'm hopeful, but just to be able to have body and thickness to my hair is just thrilling no matter what color it is. Thanks so many times for all this information.jackie"​

[SIZE=-1]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE][SIZE=-1]
BORAX, BAKING SODA, APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]1[/SIZE] YEA

[YEA] 05/24/2008: L from South Portland, Maine writes: "I put two glass jars in my shower. One filled with a mix of borax and baking soda. (More borax for dry hair...more baking soda for greasy... half and half for normal.) I get in the shower and sprinkle approximately 2 tablespoons in the empty jar and fill it with water and shake it around. I then dump that over my head and rinse it out.​
I keep a bottle of ACV in the shower as well and pour approximately 1/4 of cup into the now empty jar add water pour over my head and rinse. The drying process looks a little funky but my hair is clean, shiny, flake free and dare I say fabulous. I'm actually a little dismayed that I have spent so much money over the years on toxic products that didnt make my hair look half as good. I switched to white vinegar for a week once and my hair became much blonder. The ACV brings out more amber highlights. Good Luck

Many blessings Tiffers!!! I hope this helps!!
[/SIZE]

Missigirl

Hi Tiffers,

Thank you for sharing with us you will be in my prayers. It is okay to feel sad sometimes that is normal.

With this wealth of knowledge your hair and skin will be better than ever. That reminds me can you take hair, skin and nails vitamins?

Galadriel

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope that the side-effects of the condition ease up so that your hair can thrive again, and I'm sure you'll be on your way to making more progress. Take care, and God bless.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Awww Tiffers.:sad: Since you were one of the very 1st Persons I met on Board, I will always have a special affinity for you.:grin:

So, please don't give up. Hang in There. Keep working your Regimen, Rest, take care of yourself and things will turn around in no time. As you know, this hair thing is a day to day process.

And we are all only 1 strand away from a major catastrophe.:ohwell: And you know, I know This to be True.

You are surrounded by women that Understand. And that Care.:kiss:

This time next year, or 6 months from now, this will all be a distant memory. Keep Smiling.

~NanCeBoTwin~

Keep your head up Tiffers. You will get through this, I'm positive.
I'm sorry that you are going through this, but I will keep you in my prayers.

Sending you LOTTTTTS of (((((hugs))))).

tiffers

Hey Girl!! I went to earthclinic.com and searched Hashimoto. There are several remedies that people have posted, coconut oil is one, also, kombucha tea (which I've been hearing a lot about lately), and here's an excerpt from an article by the main contributer there. He's really long winded so I took an excerpt. It has received great results from this for Hashimoto's as well as other autoimmune diseases, plus its been shown to thicken and give body to hair (see below): DO NOT CONFUSE BORAX WITH BORIC ACID! DO NOT TAKE BORIC ACID IN PLACE OF BORAX! WHERE TO FIND BORAX: In the laundry detergent section of your local grocery store. Brand Names: 20 Mule Team (USA), BORAXO (USA, MEXICO) Here's the excerpt: Ted - Generally speaking, Hashimoto's disease and low thyroid (hypothyroid) often goes together, that's because it is the Hashimoto that is causing thyroiditis, suppressing the thyroid function leading to hypothyroidism through a condition called thyroditis - an inflammation of the thyroid. While most convential medicine is silent as to whether autoimmune disease is fungal or viral in nature, my own experience and the remedy for Hashimoto's disease deals with the cause, or at least makes more sense at least for me, by trying to normalize thyroid function instead of going for hormone replacement which worsens the condition in the long run. The cause of Hashimoto's disease based on my experience is often triggered by fungus exposure by living in a moldy house for a long period of time. This often triggers a series of disease within the entire family (living in that area for decades), one can have polycystic kidney disease, another can get polycystic ovarian syndrome, another can lead to hirsutism, and yet another can get Hashimoto's disease. The trigger has often been the fungus. Most autoimmunity disease that I have encountered has been the fungus that leads to autoimmunity. It's effect is similar when a fungus infection causing us to scratch so much until the skin begins to bleed to remove the itchiness. Imagine a white blood cells detecting this irritation and this leads to "autoimmunity". My encounters with a few people with Hashimoto that I find a major problem, is that there are strings of other disease too, not just hypothyroidism, PCOS, adrenal exhaustion, chronic fatigue, etc. Therefore, it is without surprise that one of the remedy intended as an antifungal remedy responds well such as the borax remedy (against autoimmunity, normal hormonal function) using 1/4 teaspoon of borax (maybe lower in woman at 1/8 teaspoon) in one liter of drinking water, taken usually 5 days out of a week to reduce autoimmunity. Selenium is a well known antifungal and in some cases of Hashimoto, depression is indicated. In this event taking selenium supplements, usually selenium yeast or selenomethionine helps. This is also true of another antifungal mineral such as chromium, which by the way lowers the blood sugar that leads to improvement in Hashimoto. Jdub - I did a search on borax on the site and it does great things for the hair and scalp.
[YEA] 08/12/2007: Jackie from Grand Rapids, Minn. writes: "Hi, i'm using many of Ted's wonderful remedies. The latest is borax for a shampoo. I was scared at first, thought my hair would be a matted, tangled, dried out mess. Well it works better than any shampoo i've tried, and my stick straight thin hair has new thickness and body. So much so, that i was able to get a chin length haircut with bangs which i didn't dare do before. I don't know if i'm right but i use 2 tbsp borax to 2 qts. warm water and pour it over my head about 3 times then massage my scalp then rinse. i almost forgot to mention i don't need a conditioner or detangling rinse. This makes me really happy because i'm trying to reduce or eliminate chemicals on my skin and body.I use borax water to dampen my hair before a hairset too. I have very light gray hair and i'm trying blackstrap molasses everyday to see if i can get some darker hair back. several people who don't know i'm doing this have said my hair looks darker gray, it definetly is darkening at the hairline on the sides and on the nckline after a short time, so i'm hopeful, but just to be able to have body and thickness to my hair is just thrilling no matter what color it is. Thanks so many times for all this information.jackie"​
[SIZE=-1] [SIZE=-1][/SIZE][SIZE=-1] BORAX, BAKING SODA, APPLE CIDER VINEGAR [/SIZE] [SIZE=+2]1[/SIZE] YEA
[YEA] 05/24/2008: L from South Portland, Maine writes: "I put two glass jars in my shower. One filled with a mix of borax and baking soda. (More borax for dry hair...more baking soda for greasy... half and half for normal.) I get in the shower and sprinkle approximately 2 tablespoons in the empty jar and fill it with water and shake it around. I then dump that over my head and rinse it out.​
I keep a bottle of ACV in the shower as well and pour approximately 1/4 of cup into the now empty jar add water pour over my head and rinse. The drying process looks a little funky but my hair is clean, shiny, flake free and dare I say fabulous. I'm actually a little dismayed that I have spent so much money over the years on toxic products that didnt make my hair look half as good. I switched to white vinegar for a week once and my hair became much blonder. The ACV brings out more amber highlights. Good Luck Many blessings Tiffers!!! I hope this helps!!
[/SIZE]
Thank you so much for this! I've been on earthclinic all day :lol:
I'm definitely gonna try the borax!

tiffers

Hi Tiffers, Thank you for sharing with us you will be in my prayers. It is okay to feel sad sometimes that is normal. With this wealth of knowledge your hair and skin will be better than ever. That reminds me can you take hair, skin and nails vitamins?
Yep, I can take any vitamins I want since I'm not taking any meds :yep:

Stella B.

Aw, Tiffers, I am so sorry to hear this! You gotta stay positive and know that this is only temporary. Keep your head up, follow your doctor's orders, and give yourself enough time to turn it around. I have always admired your hair here on the board, and just because you've been diagnosed with this condition it doesn't take anything away from you. It's a set back, and we've all had those! You are a beautiful soul, and you will recover. Take care, and know that we're here for you.
(((((HUGE HUGS))))))

Hi Tiffer

I am sorry you not doing well, just take one day at time , and put it in God hand , you are hisas Angle, and he want let you fall . Be blessed