CAN I PLEASE SHARE MY QUICK APHOGEE RECONSTRUCTOR MOMENT IN THE BSS?

MonaLisa

For some reason....I was under the impression that the formula of the ApHOGEE, Intensive Two Minute Reconstructor had changed....

All the bottles I see on the shelves are for the Intensive Keratin Reconstructor...

Something said for me to finally compare the old bottle to the new bottle...

Why is it the same doggone thing...in the same order, the same ingredients? All they did was take 2 minute out of the name (cause they probably knew folks wasn't leaving it on for 2 minutes :look: )

I was fretting, ready to finally take a trip to the Bronx and look in old beauty supply stores to see if I could find the old bottle thinking it was a different formula.

I just had to share this moment here cause nobody else would know what the heyall I was talking about.

Thank you.
:look:

CAPlush

I used this on my hair last night, I didn't know it was going to be so moisturizing!!! I'm also glad they didn't change the formula because I purchased the original bottle.

what color was the writing on the bottle? if it was a pink/red color and black, that was the old formula

the new formula with the mineral oil has purple lettering and a new style of writing i saw it at sallys last week

the new bottle looks like this (this is the heavy treatment bottle but the new keratin reconstructor is just like it)

HoneyDew

I am sooooo glad they did not change the formula. I was concerned about that!!

Well, why did we think they did. I thought there was a thread where someone compared the ingredients. :confused:

Anyway - who cares!?! I am just so happy that they did not change the formula!!

Cleve_gryl

I've got a bottle of this, but haven't used it yet...Do yall leave it on for longer than 2 minutes? I wanted to use it this weekend as a dc? Safe?

MonaLisa

destiny616 said:
what color was the writing on the bottle? if it was a pink/red color and black, that was the old formula

the new formula with the mineral oil has purple lettering and a new style of writing i saw it at sallys last week

the new bottle looks like this (this is the heavy treatment bottle but the new keratin reconstructor is just like it)

Awwwwwwwww......I saw bottles that looked like these on the shelves...all newfangled looking and what not....right next to the old packaging/old formula bottles...now that I know the deal...

I'm going back to the two stores I saw the old ish at...and grab all of them...

Thanks for posting that pic!

sareca

Hold the phone! What if they changed the quantity of the ingredients. Say, for example, they added more water? Water is already the most prevelant ingredient so it wouldn't change positions in the ingredient list (ingredients are listed from greatest to least). So if the product was already 50% water and they added 20% more then it's still the highest; therefore still the first ingredient but the formula would be affected.

Just food for thought.

Last edited:

CAPlush

Cleve_gryl said:
I've got a bottle of this, but haven't used it yet...Do yall leave it on for longer than 2 minutes? I wanted to use it this weekend as a dc? Safe?

I did 15 min w/ heat, and left it on for an additional hour. It is definitely a balanced conditioner, so it is safe as a DC. I did not follow up with anything moisturizing, I just coated my hair w/ WGO, but you probably should use something, I will follow up with a moisturizing conditioner next time.

MonaLisa said:
Awwwwwwwww......I saw bottles that looked like these on the shelves...all newfangled looking and what not....right next to the old packaging/old formula bottles...now that I know the deal...

no problem

i purchased the last 5 bottles of the old formula on the shelf last week, i am tempted to buy the rest from the other sallys in my area

MonaLisa

sareca said:
Hold the phone! What if they changed the quantity of the ingredients. Say, for example, they added more water? Water is already the most prevelant ingredient so it didn't change positions in the ingredient list (ingredients are listed from greatest to least). So if the the product was already 50% water and they added 20% more then it's still the highest; therefore still the first ingredient but the formula would be affected.

Just food for thought.

Why are you mad tonight Sareca? You're usually so joyful & spreading hair joy...

Why...why....would you try to take away my hair product joy?
I didn't even get to hold onto it for a whole three hours before the clouds of doubt have been sent across the sky now...

<<<<< do you see the tear???

:lol: :lol:

sareca

:lachen: I'm sorry MonaLisa, I hated to put a fly in the ointment... I'm lying... I enjoyed that. :lachen:

In my house, this is usually about the time my husband says "I'm going for a walk." :ohwell: Some people are just spikeful. :) I use Aphogee too but only post-relaxer, pre-neutralizer, then again after neutralizing.

Last edited:

boopiek

CaPlush, the first time you used it you did this regimen? I am a little nervous using it for the first time and want to make sure my hair likes it. Do you think trying the way you do it will be ok?

HoneyDew

MonaLisa said:

You know I did that at my local Sally's already. Girl I have 4 of the small bottles and 2 of the big bottles of the old formula. It is actually pretty sickening seeing all of them neatly lined up in my linen closet where I can no longer fit all my towels and sheets. :)

CAPlush

boopiek said:
CaPlush, the first time you used it you did this regimen? I am a little nervous using it for the first time and want to make sure my hair likes it. Do you think trying the way you do it will be ok?

Yes, it was the first time I used it. I usually "check" under my plastic cap to make sure my hair is doing ok. I am feeling to make sure the hair is feeling normal, soft, and not tangly or snarly.

If you feel nervous, 30 min w/o heat is usually a safe bet and you will get the conditioning effect.

MonaLisa

HoneyDew said:
You know I did that at my local Sally's already. Girl I have 4 of the small bottles and 2 of the big bottles of the old formula. It is actually pretty sickening seeing all of them neatly lined up in my linen closet where I can no longer fit all my towels and sheets. :)

Why do I feel bad....that I can't even say.....we'll get you the help that you need? There's so many of us...with similar closets....

I don't want to talk about mine...:ohwell:
I coulda swore I saw a tube of NTM Conditioner trying to leave...

:lol:

buttaflye03

destiny616 said:

Thanks for the pic. So has anyone used the new version of the 2min and/or the heavier treatment? Reviews?

I just bought the 2min one in the red/black lettering. I like it so far. I had no idea I could use it for a longer time. Thanks.

southie20

I have a bottle of the their new reconstructor and their old reconstructor in front of me now. I was just comparing the two bottles a few days ago since I noticed that the look has changed. The ingredients in the two bottles are completely different. I also have a bottle of Nexus Keraphix and I've noticed that their new formula is extremely close to the Nexus Keraphix formula. (The have almost all of the same ingredients in the same order.) So the formula has changed. I'm not sure if it's for the better though, since I haven't used the new formula yet. (I'm assuming that they've made the product better since they have completely changed the formula.......I may be assuming wrong though!!:ohwell: )

HoneyDew

I had to bump this because I finally compared the ingredients in Sally's Today and they are different. Glycerin in the 2nd or 3rd on the list. My hair is not really that fond of that much Glycerin so I may be giving up on this product after I run out of my current stash.

chayil0427

MonaLisa said:
For some reason....I was under the impression that the formula of the ApHOGEE, Intensive Two Minute Reconstructor had changed....

All the bottles I see on the shelves are for the Intensive Keratin Reconstructor...

Something said for me to finally compare the old bottle to the new bottle...

Why is it the same doggone thing...in the same order, the same ingredients? All they did was take 2 minute out of the name (cause they probably knew folks wasn't leaving it on for 2 minutes :look: )

I was fretting, ready to finally take a trip to the Bronx and look in old beauty supply stores to see if I could find the old bottle thinking it was a different formula.

I just had to share this moment here cause nobody else would know what the heyall I was talking about.

Thank you.
:look:

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering cause I've used the Intensive Keratin for a while, and I've never seen the 2 minute reconstructor at my Sally's. So I was wondering about this.

Thanks lady.

Chayil

MonaLisa

HoneyDew said:
I had to bump this because I finally compared the ingredients in Sally's Today and they are different. Glycerin in the 2nd or 3rd on the list. My hair is not really that fond of that much Glycerin so I may be giving up on this product after I run out of my current stash.

Okay....I had to bump up my own doggone thread cause I am hair pizzy right now....

rewind...when I originally posted this....

there was the initial change with the WHITE bottlle....where the original said 'two minute reconstructor' and the newer WHITE bottle just said Intensive Keratin Reconstructor....

and I was relieved that they were EXACTLY the same ingredients....

nowwwwwwwww...fast forward to today...the last bottle of the WHITE one I had is just about gone...so I went to the old BSS to pick up a bottle and there were no more WHITE bottles...:mad: :( :mad: :( ...

so Mo picks up the one with the new label with the purple cap.....not looking at the ingredients.....thinking it would be the same as the last white bottle I picked up....

and DANGIT...I wish I had searched first and saw the comments above...cause the ingredients are all changed around and ish...

I'm scared to crack it open cause I'm thinking it's not going to be the same and just take it back to the bss for something else..:(

I don't want the new one....I wants the OLD one...I wants my OLD man back!:(

Why? Why must companies keep doing this?

Any reviews from those that have used both the old white bottle version and the new one with the purple cap??...

HoneyDew

I have not been looking forward to this. I knew they were different. My local Sallys is all out of the old one. :(

There is a BSS near me that had a shelf full of big bottles of the red and white ones so I got one.

I love this conditioner and I am not looking forward to the old formula being all gone.

C

chica_canella

Cleve_gryl said:

I don't want to hijack the thread but I have to comment on your siggy pics. How fast does your hair grow cause you went from shoulder length to almost APL in a few months.:eek: :D

MonaLisa

HoneyDew said:
I have not been looking forward to this. I knew they were different. My local Sallys is all out of the old one. :(

There is a BSS near me that had a shelf full of big bottles of the red and white ones so I got one.

I love this conditioner and I am not looking forward to the old formula being all gone.

I'm about to hit up some random hoods :sekret: seeking out the old joints...

I took that dayum bottle right back to the BSS..:mad: :(

*why do folks have to keep messing with ish that was working just fine in the first place? why? :confused:

I need Michael Jackson to write a song about this ish...like a "Man in the Mirror"...but about hair product manufacturers....