can short hair be braided?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Hi,, I'm interested in braiding my hair. Due to a bad relaxer incident, My hair is short, just below my ear. Can it be braided back into a style? Does anyone have any tips? I want to learn how to braid my own hair. I'm scared of having someone else ruin it. Stylist phobia ;-( Please Help!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
My hair is short. When i comb it out, it reaches my ear. I want to learn how to do any type of braid possible. Sorry if i wasn't more clear. I think I will be able to braid it back if i could figure out how to start the braid and continue with it back. Poohbear can u help? Den1? ANybody?

KathyMay

yes it can be braided. When my hair was Toni Braxton short, I would get pixie braids until my hair grew and I couldn't get them anymore then I would get cornrows.

SandySea

I agree that your hair can be braided. In the past, I have had spots in my head that were so short that I was amazed that my braider could catch them up--but she did.

reformatio

Revenge of the Sith
I agree with the other members, short hair can be braided. 1 inch [depending on the skill of the braider] or more is all that is needed.

lovelymissyoli

I agree with the other ladies that your hair can be braided, however, since you say that your hair is short and this would be your first time self-braiding, you may not be able to grasp all your hair for the professional look that you are going for. Have you considered finding a braider?