Can you dance in the spirit?

klb120475

Can you dance in the spirit?:reddancer:

Ya'll know how black women are stereotyped as far as knowing how to keep a beat? Well....I have absolutely no rhythm.:look:

I've seen folks at church that have cute dance...I be watching there feet and counting....okay...right foot one time...left foot two times.:happydance: Then I try it and look a hot mess.:rolleyes:

I'm determined to dance in the spirit.:fistshake: The holy ghost gon give me a some rhythm!:yep:

Nice & Wavy

Can you dance in the spirit?:reddancer:

Ya'll know how black women are stereotyped as far as knowing how to keep a beat? Well....I have absolutely no rhythm.:look:

I've seen folks at church that have cute dance...I be watching there feet and counting....okay...right foot one time...left foot two times.:happydance: Then I try it and look a hot mess.:rolleyes:

I'm determined to dance in the spirit.:fistshake: The holy ghost gon give me a some rhythm!:yep:

You just as cute and country as you want to be....and I love it:lachen:

Girl, I'm sure you will get your chance.....and then, rhythm shall follow...:grin:

Mocha5

Awww...Sugah Baby, my two step is a lil' off too but I'm getting betta :yep: besides my church is diverse so I'm the rhythm queen up in there. :lachen:

ceedeelight

Yes I can dance in the Spirit, but It's not as "cute" as I want it to be. LOL! My husband teases me for fun. We call it the 1 foot stomp. :lachen:

MrsQueeny

I don't know if you can call it a dance. My Pastor wife tells people "if the spirit falls on Q and she gets to shouting, get out of her way!" This happened last Sunday. She told me that the annointing is on me so thick that no one can hardly get near me. It is like a force field and if you get too close you can just feel it and you gonna start shouting too. Mine is a little 2 step from side to side but I always seem to keep the beat :lol: Q

Mocha5

I don't know if you can call it a dance. My Pastor wife tells people "if the spirit falls on Q and she gets to shouting, get out of her way!" This happened last Sunday. She told me that the annointing is on me so thick that no one can hardly get near me. It is like a force field and if you get too close you can just feel it and you gonna start shouting too. Mine is a little 2 step from side to side but I always seem to keep the beat :lol: Q

Dang! I want the force field! :grin:

MrsQueeny

:lol: I never have but you ladies make it sound so fun :lachen:

Last Sunday I felt it coming during the morning service. We had 2 visitors and they just let loose so I just made sure they were okay and didn't really get into it. Then that evening we had another service at a sister church. The Bishop that had passed away recently, his wife was going to be taking over as Pastor of the congregation. My Pastor spoke and they went through all the formalities. As a minister, I sat up front and read the old testament scripture. Well when she finally took the mic and spoke she started running down the aisles and it was on for me. The other Bishop's wife came over to surround me but couldn't so she just backed off. When the service was over, I went to give Pastor Wheeler a hug and I said, "thank you because you gave me my Sunday workout today!" Experiences like that let me know Jesus is real!!!

If you ever visit NM hit me up and you will have a good time in the Lord at my church. Q

Mocha5

:lol: I never have but you ladies make it sound so fun :lachen:

It is girl. Between the sax and the organ, they be jammin' at my church. The kids and are dancing and about a 1/4 of the adults are dancing. Some just choose to clap and sing and that's ok (dh is in that group). It's all about how the Spirit hits you.

Well I'm ALWAYS dancing...'cept when I'm ushering...I try to keep it to a minimum. :lachen: I know the visitors are like, "Ol' crazy usher. How she gone help me!" :lachen:

But seriously dancing in the spirit just means that you have come to a place where you don't care who's watching and what you like. (I save that for when I get home. And I'm thinking like, "Wow you was really in there cuttin' up!" :lachen:Just call me David...LACHEN

TrustMeLove

I don't have rhythm either!

I can't clap, sing, and stomp my foot at the same time. Too too complicated.

In the past, whenever I started moving and those feet and hands started you knew the Spirit was in that place because I can't keep rhythm. lol

But, this last revival..the Lord just said let it go. On beat off beat..Let it go! And I did. May have looked a mess..I don't have that church two step down (Like the worship leader at my church does, He must practice at home or something! LOL!)...but when the Lord moves on me to go beyond a wave offering, clapping, hands up lifted singing out worship...than I just move.

Sometimes, that thing deep deep down just can't be bottled up. You've seen it. Or maybe you heard it first. Someone just starts screaming...Ahhhhhh! Thank you Jesus! Than they get to moving. The Lord just revealed something deep to them, it's obvious.

I don't have the gift of tongues..so I don't do that..and I haven't had that out of no where loud shout..happen to me.

But, the Spirit has moved so..that you just can't contain the praise and ya just start movin.

Praise the Lord. He is so awesome. Pray for me y'all...I'm suppose to be doing some bible study. I have about 5 books around, but sooo lazy..Rather read bible stuff online and on the boards than actually study. Man oh man.

Last edited:

klb120475

I don't have rhythm either!

I can't clap, sing, and stomp my foot at the same time. Too too complicated.

In the past, whenever I started moving and those feet and hands started you knew the Spirit was in that place because I can't keep rhythm. lol

But, this last revival..the Lord just said let it go. On beat off beat..Let it go! And I did. May have looked a mess..I don't have that church two step down (Like the worship leader at my church does, He must practice at home or something! LOL!)...but when the Lord moves on me to go beyond a wave offering, clapping, hands up lifted singing out worship...than I just move.

Sometimes, that thing deep deep down just can't be bottled up. You've seen it. Or maybe you heard it first. Someone just starts screaming...Ahhhhhh! Thank you Jesus! Than they get to moving. The Lord just revealed something deep to them, it's obvious.

I don't have the gift of tongues..so I don't do that..and I haven't had that out of no where loud shout..happen to me.

But, the Spirit has moved so..that you just can't contain the praise and ya just start movin.

Praise the Lord. He is so awesome. Pray for me y'all...I'm suppose to be doing some bible study. I have about 5 books around, but sooo lazy..Rather read bible stuff online and on the boards than actually study. Man oh man.

I thought it was just me! :look:Nice to know somebody else out there like me!:lachen::lachen::lachen:

God's Anointed

Girl, I don't think I have that dance down but when I catch the Holy Spirit, get out of my way because I'm coming through...:lachen:. Honestly though, I can't do the litle step that alot of the ministers have so down-packed at the church.

**Tasha*Love**

Girl I am rhythmless but the spirit can makes me do a two-step! :woot: I have always wanted to really get my shout on but I just bounce to the music (yes I make sure that I have on a good bra :yep:) and let the spirit take control! :yep: This is such a refreshing thread, makes me want to skip the rest of the week and go straight into Sunday!

I LOVE THE LORD! HE IS SO GOOD!

Zeal

I dance in the spirit when I praise dance. (I hope) As far as doing a lap around the church. I almost did one Sunday. I had just finished praise dancing actually. i was already out of the Santuary. Then I heard the choir singing, "Jesus is the Corner Stone", I was already dressed. I was about to bust in the church there was an old lady usher at the door.

Iwent to a Church once and the Pastor siad at theis church shouters have theright way. If you see one one shouting clear the pew. If you get ran over. that's on you !!:lachen::lachen:

PassionFruit

Im a praise dancer but I can also get my shout on

in fact the Spirit took over me so much on Sunday that I shouted & jumped until today my voice is still hoarse and I somehow got a lil soreness in my legs... but ya aint hearing me complain 1 bit

fuchsiastar

I have danced until I'm sweating and shouted until my voice was gone. :yep: Some things are just so real to me....I have praised my way through some things, so whenever I feel the spirit and have a chance to "go in" then I am going IN! I only do this in churches where I am comfortable though, and know the minister.

I'm also a church commentator though, in my head. It's almost like I'm giving a play-by-play in my head. Awful, but funny :lachen:

I have danced until I'm sweating and shouted until my voice was gone. :yep: Some things are just so real to me....I have praised my way through some things, so whenever I feel the spirit and have a chance to "go in" then I am going IN! I only do this in churches where I am comfortable though, and know the minister.

I'm also a church commentator though, in my head. It's almost like I'm giving a play-by-play in my head. Awful, but funny :lachen:

The Spirit had me doing some kind of two step the other week at a revival and as soon as I thought about what I was doing I lost it and got off beat. (I need to humble myself and completely let go.) Anyways I got further distracted when the woman next to me was slained in the spirit and fell out. I had to keep my composure and stomp a foot and clap my hands. I didn't want to accidentally kick her in the head. :lol:

What do you mean by church commentator?

Last edited:

GloriousPraise

I don't know that I would call it dancing..that would be way too generous for my non rythmic moves. It's more like a little tippy toe movement forward and backwards. It know it looks funny, but it feels good to me :grin:! Matter of fact, I plan to go to church tonight and get my tippy toe on :yep:! I sometimes wish I could get with it like some other folks in my church who are just blessed by God and seem to have a Phd in church dancing.

gn1g

I love to see the men dance. Sometimes the dance is prophetic, you have to pay attention to the movements.

I'm not much of a dancer spiritually or naturally. But I know that dance in the spirit is not of ones own accord.

shalom

You guys are making:lachen::lachen::lachen:

KLB, I don't know what I look like, but I know when I start I'm in one place and somehow end up in another. My sister said (embarass to admit this), but that I look like I'm crip walking.:yep:

fuchsiastar

The Spirit had me doing some kind of two step the other week at a revival and as soon as I thought about what I was doing I lost it and got off beat. (I need to humble myself and completely let go.) Anyways I got further distracted when the woman next to me was slained in the spirit and fell out. I had to keep my composure and stomp a foot and clap my hands. I didn't want to accidentally kick her in the head. :lol:

What do you mean by church commentator?

Well, it's almost how you watch a basketball or football game. The announcer is giving a play by play....well that is what I am doing in my head sometimes. I can kind of sense when and how some parts of service will impact people. It has a rhythym...usually goes like this: I see people looking more alert, swaying side to side, and the energy in service gets more intense, then they stand up, then they bounce a little, then they pew dance, then they get to the aisle because they need more space, then they full out dance, then they dance up and down the aisle, then they might take a lap or two around the sanctuary, then they might get somewhere and dance some more, then they might go into tongues, then they might get slain and fall out, then they will be helped up by the ushers and go back to their pew or be sat in the nearest seat. So as all of this is going on, I am doing a play by play in my head like "Oh, she is really liking what the preacher is saying right now, she is about to start dancing....uh oh, she is bouncing, she is about to go in....there she goes, she has a nice one-two going in those shoes. Oh, the shoes are coming off....she is serious about this moment of praise....oh, watch out deacon, she just broke out in a run"

I told you, it is really awful, but also funny. I only do it in my head, and sometimes share it with my bff after service...she is a PK, so she gets it. And now I am sharing the fact that I do this with ya'll :look:

Oh, and about that kick in the head, lawd, I have seen that go down, and it isn't pretty! I'm glad you pulled yourself back in so that no one got hurt...teheheeeee....

I also feel you on the dancing, I am okay at it, but sometimes I will go IN, and I start doing some stuff that I didn't even know that I could do. I'm talking t"wo step-one step-kick out-back step-repeat" type stuff, and usually I'm just a one-two-side to side type praiser:lachen:

Zeal

Now see, that is what I think is going to happen to me. I have a solo dance coming up one day and I chose "You've Been a Friend" by Israel and New Breed. Cause has truly been a friend. Doan't get me started up in her. I can barley dance at home to this trying to choreograph it without crying. So when the spirit falls it's going to be on.