Can you dance in the spirit?

TrustMeLove

I love to see the men dance. Sometimes the dance is prophetic, you have to pay attention to the movements.

I'm not much of a dancer spiritually or naturally. But I know that dance in the spirit is not of ones own accord.

This is true. One guy was reaching up and pulling down. It was WEIRD and he wouldn't stop and he was moving all in front of the church. I am doing my thing just PRESSING (Y'all ever have to press against something to get into God's presence..yea that was happening that night) the whole church is just pressing. The guy in front still reaching his hand up and pulling it down.

The praise and worship leader was quickened with the word from this guys action. And the whole church just started pulling down and made up some song and we just started singing..pulling down the walls that block us from getting to God and than we started pulling down blessings.

When those walls came down we went to church. God just MOVED!

All this off of that guy being weird up front. Pulling down.

I haven't tried yet I'm still going through my phase of not wanting to embarass myself in front of people. But I notice that the spirit is starting to have his way with me I've gotten to the point to where I clap my hands real loud or I yell out hallelujah. Who knows when the spirit finally gets it way I just may have that two step down:laugh:

Zeal

This is true. One guy was reaching up and pulling down. It was WEIRD and he wouldn't stop and he was moving all in front of the church. I am doing my thing just PRESSING (Y'all ever have to press against something to get into God's presence..yea that was happening that night) the whole church is just pressing. The guy in front still reaching his hand up and pulling it down.

The praise and worship leader was quickened with the word from this guys action. And the whole church just started pulling down and made up some song and we just started singing..pulling down the walls that block us from getting to God and than we started pulling down blessings.

When those walls came down we went to church. God just MOVED!

All this off of that guy being weird up front. Pulling down.

That really touched me. Don't mess with me after I just fihished reading my Lenten scripture. I agree with you on a song being composed. I went to a gospel convention once. A writer Micheal once said that God was giving him a song as the service was going on. (This was not during the sermon) He said he started teachng it to the choir in different parts SATB. he said they were like are you serious? NOw? We are going to sing it now? He said yes. THis is why obedience is so important.

The choir sang and the spirit fell down.

klb120475

I love to see the men dance. Sometimes the dance is prophetic, you have to pay attention to the movements.

I'm not much of a dancer spiritually or naturally. But I know that dance in the spirit is not of ones own accord.

Girl ain't it beautiful?!:yep:
You guys are making:lachen::lachen::lachen:

KLB, I don't know what I look like, but I know when I start I'm in one place and somehow end up in another. My sister said (embarass to admit this), but that I look like I'm crip walking.:yep:

Too funny!!!:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Ms.Honey

Girl don't worry about having rhythm, the Lord doesn't care:grin:. Just enjoy yourself in His music and celebrate.

klb120475

Well, it's almost how you watch a basketball or football game. The announcer is giving a play by play....well that is what I am doing in my head sometimes. I can kind of sense when and how some parts of service will impact people. It has a rhythym...usually goes like this: I see people looking more alert, swaying side to side, and the energy in service gets more intense, then they stand up, then they bounce a little, then they pew dance, then they get to the aisle because they need more space, then they full out dance, then they dance up and down the aisle, then they might take a lap or two around the sanctuary, then they might get somewhere and dance some more, then they might go into tongues, then they might get slain and fall out, then they will be helped up by the ushers and go back to their pew or be sat in the nearest seat. So as all of this is going on, I am doing a play by play in my head like "Oh, she is really liking what the preacher is saying right now, she is about to start dancing....uh oh, she is bouncing, she is about to go in....there she goes, she has a nice one-two going in those shoes. Oh, the shoes are coming off....she is serious about this moment of praise....oh, watch out deacon, she just broke out in a run"

I told you, it is really awful, but also funny. I only do it in my head, and sometimes share it with my bff after service...she is a PK, so she gets it. And now I am sharing the fact that I do this with ya'll :look:

Girl you are too silly!!:lachen::lachen::lachen:

crlsweetie912

Well, it's almost how you watch a basketball or football game. The announcer is giving a play by play....well that is what I am doing in my head sometimes. I can kind of sense when and how some parts of service will impact people. It has a rhythym...usually goes like this: I see people looking more alert, swaying side to side, and the energy in service gets more intense, then they stand up, then they bounce a little, then they pew dance, then they get to the aisle because they need more space, then they full out dance, then they dance up and down the aisle, then they might take a lap or two around the sanctuary, then they might get somewhere and dance some more, then they might go into tongues, then they might get slain and fall out, then they will be helped up by the ushers and go back to their pew or be sat in the nearest seat. So as all of this is going on, I am doing a play by play in my head like "Oh, she is really liking what the preacher is saying right now, she is about to start dancing....uh oh, she is bouncing, she is about to go in....there she goes, she has a nice one-two going in those shoes. Oh, the shoes are coming off....she is serious about this moment of praise....oh, watch out deacon, she just broke out in a run"

I told you, it is really awful, but also funny. I only do it in my head, and sometimes share it with my bff after service...she is a PK, so she gets it. And now I am sharing the fact that I do this with ya'll :look:

Oh, and about that kick in the head, lawd, I have seen that go down, and it isn't pretty! I'm glad you pulled yourself back in so that no one got hurt...teheheeeee....

I also feel you on the dancing, I am okay at it, but sometimes I will go IN, and I start doing some stuff that I didn't even know that I could do. I'm talking t"wo step-one step-kick out-back step-repeat" type stuff, and usually I'm just a one-two-side to side type praiser:lachen:
I do this too!:lachen::lachen:
I am an usher so I have to know when someone's going down
Sista H, starts saying Hallelujah really fast
Brother B, starts clapping really fast and loudly!

I "check Out" people as they come in. I know whose going to fall out, who runs, whose wig might come off. It's funny sometimes.:lachen:

My son knows when I am going to go "up". My friend tolds me he said once "uh oh" and ran to get me some tissues. My baby took care of me that day! (That was the day I sprained my foot cause I was trying to be cute in 3 inch heels!)

Jenaee

I've danced twice before. It's like I stepped outside myself. I wasn't in control of myself. I like it. I feel so much better afterward. :yep: I have no rhythm with it tho :lachen:

gn1g

Songs that are birth on the spot are called MINUTE SONGS.

They are some of the most powerful songs ever and usually consist of about 5 words.

Darlene czeck. don't know how to spell her last name, is awesome in minute songs.

But plenty of no name people come up with songs even me and trust me I can't sang but a word will become so strong in my spirit kind of like fire shut up in my bones and I have to get it out.

aww yeah we talking about the bonifide real prescence of the Lord.

Mocha5

Mocha:
I didn't know you Ushered....:blush:
We are "sisters" in Christ! I am an usher too!:grin:

Not anymore. First Lady sat me down. Said I had to much going n. She was right. But we're still sistas! And your make-up game is on point!!

Back on topic: I recall shouting and not even realizing that my eyes were streaming tears. It's a total loss of control. :grin: I agree, it's nice and refreshing to be able to let go like that.

Oh, and about that kick in the head, lawd, I have seen that go down, and it isn't pretty! I'm glad you pulled yourself back in so that no one got hurt...teheheeeee....

I also feel you on the dancing, I am okay at it, but sometimes I will go IN, and I start doing some stuff that I didn't even know that I could do. I'm talking t"wo step-one step-kick out-back step-repeat" type stuff, and usually I'm just a one-two-side to side type praiser:lachen:

Hilarious!! :lachen:

I took my heels off this Sunday. I wasn't trying to fall over. :lol:
I saw another woman with her shoes off so I felt more comfortable with taking mine off too. By the time we were done shouting and praising she had on some slippers. I need to do that too. :lachen:

crlsweetie912

Not anymore. First Lady sat me down. Said I had to much going n. She was right. But we're still sistas! And your make-up game is on point!!

Back on topic: I recall shouting and not even realizing that my eyes were streaming tears. It's a total loss of control. :grin: I agree, it's nice and refreshing to be able to let go like that.
Oh mocha. I know you have been praying for me so I will keep you in my prayers. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't usher. It blesses me in so many ways.

I feel so good after praising the Lord. I feel like I have a "glow" for the whole week. It's almost cleanising!

fuchsiastar

Now see, that is what I think is going to happen to me. I have a solo dance coming up one day and I chose "You've Been a Friend" by Israel and New Breed. Cause has truly been a friend. Doan't get me started up in her. I can barley dance at home to this trying to choreograph it without crying. So when the spirit falls it's going to be on.

OOOH Zeal!:grin: I wish I could see you perform your solo. I'm sure it is going to be an awesome annointing that falls, considering you are crying just getting it choreographed. God is so good :yep:

Girl you are too silly!!:lachen::lachen::lachen:
Hey KLB! I used to feel bad about it....but now that I know I'm not alone...that crl sweetie rolls like that too....:lachen:

I do this too!:lachen::lachen:
I am an usher so I have to know when someone's going down
Sista H, starts saying Hallelujah really fast
Brother B, starts clapping really fast and loudly!

I "check Out" people as they come in. I know whose going to fall out, who runs, whose wig might come off. It's funny sometimes.:lachen:

My son knows when I am going to go "up". My friend tolds me he said once "uh oh" and ran to get me some tissues. My baby took care of me that day! (That was the day I sprained my foot cause I was trying to be cute in 3 inch heels!)

See, I call it going "in" but I like "up" also....it sounds descriptive to what is really happening. It really does have a recognizable pattern too....you look for the clues :lachen: What are your "check out" questions that you ask yourself? Mine are usually around their appearance and mannerisms. If they have boisterous mannerisms, they are usually going to be a boisterous praiser if they love God. I am generally a quiet person, so I tend to be a more quiet praiser than others....but that might just be in comparison to my church, which is a church FULL OF praisers!

I took my heels off this Sunday. I wasn't trying to fall over. :lol:
I saw another woman with her shoes off so I felt more comfortable with taking mine off too. By the time we were done shouting and praising she had on some slippers. I need to do that too. :lachen:

GIRLLL! My BFF will bring some slippers WITH HER to Church. Her bag will have her notepad, her bible, and some slippers....:lachen: I haven't taken it that far yet, but I totally feel her. Now, I will kick my shoes off in a minute, especially when people are doing a lot of standing:yep:

Last edited:

Zeal

OOOH Zeal!:grin: I wish I could see you perform your solo. I'm sure it is going to be an awesome annointing that falls, considering you are crying just getting it choreographed. God is so good :yep:

I might change the song to in the "Midst of it all" By Yolanda Adams. I am asking the Lord what he wants me to dance to. Cause I am crying to that too. My Pastor says there is ME praise and WE praise.

You've been friend is more of a me praise. In the midst of it all is a WE praise.

GIRLLL! My BFF will bring some slippers WITH HER to Church. Her bag will have her notepad, her bible, and some slippers....:lachen: I haven't taken it that far yet, but I totally feel her. Now, I will kick my shoes off in a minute, especially when people are doing a lot of standing:yep:

One time I was at a Youth Revival. When you sit in the back or the choir stand, you see everything. All of a sudden I saw a shoe fly across the middle aisle but I did not see anyone. Then all of a sudden I saw a man jump up and start dancing in the middle aisle and gues what? he had on shoe on. :lachen::lachen:

check out the end of this you tube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YMesR6EMmQ&feature=related

and look at this praise break

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOqtjz_UayY

klb120475

Girl, you don't know how MANY times I think bout this post and laugh!!!! TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lachen::lachen::lachen: