Can't deal with the criticism!!!

Chichi

Re: Can\'t deal with the criticism!!!

keez1979,

Don't mind what people say. Sometimes people say things just to get a rise out of you. A good friend told me something that would work in your (or any) situation, "when you feel that someone is saying something just to get a reaction from you, react in the opposite way that they would expect." For example, if they are saying negative comments about your hair, they expect you to feel sad, etc. What I would do is smile, and say, "thanks for complimenting my style, how was your day?"
works like a charm.

BTW, thanks for the story pookylou. It was awesome!

Chichi

FineChyna

Re: Can\'t deal with the criticism!!!

funny i should come across this topic cause someone told me that since i don't have a perm in my hair i don't look "on point" and he won't invite me anywhere. not only that my style of dress was a problem to, although last i checked college students, with minimal financial aid, and working to live don't have extra money to buy namebrand or the newest stuff. i thought as long as i was cleaned, hair combed and i wasn't wearing ripped or faded clothing i should be straight i guess not, now i know why i don't get invited anywhere