Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner

TGrigley

Hi, everyone. I was trying to get a hair care regimen started and wanted to know if anyone has ever used Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in Conditioner as a moisturizer. I would like to know your experiences.

sheba1

Hey there,

I've never used it before but I here mention of it all over the boards. Yassylane likes to mix it with crisco and shingle her natural tresses. Here's a link to her fotki: Yassylane's Fotki

I'm sure you'll get more personal feedback soon. :yep:

ajacks

This stuff left my hair a hard tangled mess, but there are plenty of women on this board that swear by it.

I have a whole jar..it wasn't doing much for me..my hair was feeling dry and hard but instead of letting it go to waste, I'm going to finish it off. I added EVCO to it and it is working much better now. Now, I like:)

Last edited:

longhairlover

I have used it but it made my hair like carpet, a member on here warned me about it, but if your going to air dry i guess its' ok only when a little is used. i put it on my ends sometimes and it's good for that.

hurricane

I have not had that problem but when I use it I rubb it in my hands and lightly coat my hair. Then seal with coconut oil. Maybe some of you were using too much, but even so it shouldn't be making your hair hard. Oh well, do what works for you.:grin:

Musicachic

You know I had just bought a jar of that stuff and tried it the other while my hair was wet. I airdryed my hair on Thursday with it in... I think I used too much because my hair dried crunchy, so that was my fault. But I liked it ok. I just bought the cantu shea butter grow strong strengthening treatment and it seems more like something to use on dry hair, whereas the other one seems more like a wet hair leave in thing... I flat ironed without a heat protectant today (oops!) going to fast trying to get out the door.:wallbash: So now I need to get my ends looking right again so I am going to try the grow strong strengthening treatment on my ends. I'll keep my fingers crossed. :rocker:

~Hair~Fetish~

I would only use a little and air dry, but my hair always came out crunchy... so now I'm left with this gigantic jar of this stuff. I guess I could doctor it up, but I've moved on and found other things that work so much better. :nono:

Last edited:

Kimiche

Like some of the other ladies, it also made my hair hard when I used it. I stopped using it. I have it sitting on my shelf and I will toss it now that I remember that I still have it. I've already given it a second chance and my hair was still hard.

~Hair~Fetish~

On second thought, I decided to keep it. I added some advocado oil, EVOO, grapeseed oil, and some cheapie conditioner. I plan to use it as a pre-poo.... no need in letting it go to waste. :nono:

Artemis

I used to use it as a leave-in for my rollersets. Never had to add moisturizer during the week afterwards. But my hair loves protein-based products...I need to put this back into the rotation sometimes. I think I remember liking the smell. *runs off to go play in product toy box*

TexturedTresses

i really like it i use it for wash and goes in the summer. it smells great. it does have protein in it so that may explain why some people say it made their hair hard and crunchy. another member(don't remember her name) used it as a moisturizer while bunning and she retainined a lot of her growth. i think she is midback length.

SEMO

I like it, but since it can build up, now I usually only use it the day or two before I'm going to wash my hair. It moisturizes and defines my curls. For some reason I find that it worked better during the warmer months. So I haven't been using it as much as these last few months.

sepiaamor

i'll use it on damp hair along with shea butter and FOTE aloe vera gel and ORS lock twist for twists and its fine. I'll use it on dry hair along with castor oil and coconut oil and its fine. It is very moisturizing to me. I somehow think though that its not the thing to resurrect a DRY hairstyle. If the hair is already somewhat moisturized then it gives excellent shine, but on bone dry hair by itself it doesn't work. It's too much of a gel consistency and not enough of a creme.
I'd suggest mixing it with a butter, it works good as a carrier base if you don't like butters that are cake batter thick. This will make the butter a bit more pliable and not soo stiff.
All of this of course applies to my 5yr non permed 4b naptural hair.

danigurl18

At first I didn't like this but I have since revisted it in the past 2 months and I love it! It's definatly a staple.. I use it right after I put in my leave in

lizzyb168

I love the cantu range and swear by it. Im transitioning and it is the only mosituriser other than mane n tail which has kept my hair completely mositurised. I apply it lightly to my hair everyday. :)

honeisos

Cantu is my holy grail .. I have used it for the last 5 yrs .. I only use it on wash days and only on really wet hair .. I love it

Ms_CoCo37

I use it and LOVE it! It's one of the few staple products that I don't allow myself to run out of. I like to mix mine with coconut oil and water. It makes for a great spritzer. My hair LOVES it.

For me, it's better than a lot of the more expensive products out there. LOVE IT!:yep:

Prinncipality

I use it after every wash but I'm still on the fence about it. My hair doesn't hate it but it doesn't seem "wow"-ed either. I enjoy the smell and texture so I plan to use it up anyway.