CELEBRATING 6 WONDERFUL MONTHS NATURAL! *6 MONTH PROGRESS PICS SINCE MY 4/5/2010 BC*

Diva_Esq

Hi beauties!!! **WARNING: PIC HEAVY...I'M FEELIN' MYSELF! ;) *

My how time flies when you're feeling fly!! :D I just have felt SOOOOOOO beautiful and on top of the world the past 6 months regarding my hair. I've gotten lots of compliments :grin:, some backhanded compliments :nono:, and a few negative comments :ohwell:, but I wouldn't change my decision to go natural, to big chop at 11 months & 3 days, and to remain natural for the world! I am very happy with the progress my hair is making. I feel like it's very healthy, it's growing and it's retaining. I have my products and regimen down and I am just LOVING IT! I also get a lot of attention lately from people admiring my naturality! :yay: Just loving it!

Anyway, here are some pics to show my progress! I'd love to hear what you lovely ladies think, since I am on this site religiously and the support you all have given through your posts has been my main sustenance!

Without further delay....Let me walk you through my transformation from BC (April 5, 2010) to now (October 6, 2010):

BC- 6 months ago (4")

Side of BC

Front of BC

Close up of BC

Playing with EZ combs- staple daily style

MORE PICS IN POST 3....

Attachments

• BC_front.jpg
    BC_front.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 93
  • BC_side.jpg
    BC_side.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 79
  • BC_smile.jpg
    BC_smile.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 83
  • crown_curls.jpg
    crown_curls.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 72
  • hairzing.jpg
    hairzing.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

JJamiah

Re: CELEBRATING 6 WONDERFUL MONTHS NATURAL! *6 MONTH PROGRESS PICS SINCE MY 4/5/2010

Nice Progress and it looks like you had fun with your BC :)

Diva_Esq

Re: CELEBRATING 6 WONDERFUL MONTHS NATURAL! *6 MONTH PROGRESS PICS SINCE MY 4/5/2010

Here are more pics!

Sideswept from one side

Sideswept from the other side

Top view- WAVES FOR THE BABES! :D

Side view- staple style again (the water in South Dakota was GREAT...I was on vaca)

Coils up close

Love coils

What I affectionately call the "half-fro" LOL

Half-fro again

Foxxy Fro! :D

Coily Cutie ;)

And now...for the LENGTH RESULTS AFTER SIX MONTHS NATURAL! :yay:

Drumroll please..................................

SL unstretched

Length Check side

Length Pic (back)- before trim

And finally, length after trim (about 8 1/2-9" at it's longest points w/ 7" shorter layers I am growing out)

Those are snapshots from the last 6 months! Sorry some pics are so big! I really am not great at this pic posting business! Thanks for looking, ladies! :)

Last edited:

JJamiah

:lick: now those are some nice flicks, I love the variety of styles :yep: GO GIRL!!!

Prudent1

You have some beautiful hair lady!:yep: I love how lush your natural curls look.

hj3046

I love your hair! Beautiful.

faithVA

4" to full SL on your way to APL in 6 months :yep: Wonderful! Congratulations.

I love your curls

Prudent1

**Clears throat** You know we want to hear about your reggie!! C'mon spill it...please;)

bride91501

OMG- so much growth in such a short period! Your hair is absolutely gorgeous, and your retention is on point.

Reggie?? Spill it please!

Diva_Esq

4" to full SL on your way to APL in 6 months :yep: Wonderful! Congratulations.

I love your curls

Thanks so much! I can hardly believe it's grown so much myself!

I love your hair! Beautiful.

Thank you!

**Clears throat** You know we want to hear about your reggie!! C'mon spill it...please;)

Gladly! :) I cowash daily (99% of the time) with HE None of Your Frizzness and Tresemme Naturals or TIGI Bedhead Moisture Maniac (I always use 2). Let it sit. Detangle with a wide tooth comb in the shower right before rinsing. Rinse with warm water. Get out, squeeze excess water (NO TOWEL). Saturate hair with leave-in (always Victoria's Secret So Sexy Nourish). Apply some SheaMoisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie on top of that. Put a little Garnier Fructis Wax on my edges and brush the condish and moisturizer through with my Denman. Finger coil my curls, Ecostyler to my edges and flies. Tie my edges down with a scarf during rest of my routine and drive until I get close to my job. Remove scarf. Voila.

I poo about once every 2-3 weeks with whatever. I do a protein if I see more shedding or after I've flat ironed for a length check. I only use heat (so far) to length check/ trim. Use the same products for all styles, just style differently.

Seems my hair THRIVES on condish. I deep con 1-2x per week with whatever + honey & EVOO under the dryer with a cap or overnight with saran wrap.

Sleep with a silk scarf. Trims about every 12-16 weeks.

:)

Diva_Esq

OMG- so much growth in such a short period! Your hair is absolutely gorgeous, and your retention is on point.

Reggie?? Spill it please!

Thanks. See post 13. :)

calibella218

Beautiful hair! Glad you are happy with it! Thanks for sharing.

Alta Angel

Your hair looks fabulous!!!

FYI, I will be stealing your sideswept, staple, and half-fro styles!

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict

alrighty girl! I am loving your progress! Thanks for the update.

NikkiQ

GAWGEOUS!!!! :lick:

Bigmommah

Your hair is beautiful! I love the way you style it and you surely appear to be loving it.

SimJam

niiiiice

bibs

Thanks so much for sharing! Your hair is beautiful and your progress is bangin!!!

Diva_Esq

Your hair looks fabulous!!!

FYI, I will be stealing your sideswept, staple, and half-fro styles!

LOL, feel free! I know I probably did! :)

alrighty girl! I am loving your progress! Thanks for the update.

Thanks, wavez! :) Tryin' to get like you with the length eventually!

GAWGEOUS!!!! :lick:

Awww, thanks! :)

Your hair is beautiful! I love the way you style it and you surely appear to be loving it.

Thank you. I am enjoying my journey! :)

Rocky91

NYE side boob.

your hair looks lovely!! congrats-all of your styles are so cute!

La Colocha

Beautiful head of hair, i don't know why anyone would have anything negative to say about it. Absolutely gorgeous.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14

OMG, your hair is gorgeous!

Neith

Beautiful hair and progress! :)

LilMissSunshine5

Just BEAUTIFUL!!! If I had your hair, I'd be feeling myself too LOL :yep:

kramos

You look beautiful!!! You are such an inspiration. Keep up the good work!