Cheap Vitamins or Expensive Vitamins???

candycane

I have been a member of this circle for a very short period of time. In this time I really have enjoyed the diversity of opinions. I have a question regarding vitamins. When I first started taking better care of my hair, about 2 years ago, I really wasn't big on taking vitamins. A little over a year ago I began to incorporate supplements into the equation. At first I took vitamins I purchased at a local health food store. They were specifically for women and had every ingredient known to man in them. The problem for me was that they were expensive and to get the full "daily value" of these vitamins I had to take 6 of them every day. My hair grew. But the pills were large and they were killing me! About 2 months ago I purchased Theragram M one a day vitamins for about $6. I have noticed that my hair really doesn't seem to be growing. I was wondering if you ladies know if there are any inexpensive vitamins out there that are considered to be high quality.

Candycane

Tracy

Depends on what you consider inexpensive. I recently re-stocked my complete set of vitamin regulars for about $50. They will last me about 2-4 months. That's about $25 a month.

I got Vitol Great Hair, Natrol Silica, Solgar Pantothenic Acid, and Country Life Biotin.

I bought them because I know they all have good absorption rates and the dosages of the ingredients that will actually do my hair some good. Some of these vitamin brands have little to none of the stuff that really helps and lots of the stuff that doesn't. Or they add stuff in that blocks the absorption of the supplement.

I'd rather aspend a little more for something I know will work than something I could buy until kingdom come but doesn't produce the same results. Just my $.02. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Some folks are taking liquid Multi Supplements as well which I don't remember being too expensive.

Anyone else?

candycane

Tracy

Thanks for your response. I take a lot of supplements too. Flaxseed oil, EPO, multi-vitamin, msm, liquid amino acids, and biosil (liquid silicon). Can't take biotin cause it wrecked havoc on my period. Anyhoo, grand total of all of my supplements is easily about $50 or $60. I just want to be able to maximize my health and hair growth by just taking a multi-vitamin that does not require 4 or 5 of the pills to be "effective". I am fine with the other supplements. I have grown pretty accustomed to taking them. But the smell of multi-vitamins...yucky...one is enough. So I guess I was asking if anyone knows of a good multi-vitamin that is very effective and only requires you swallow the one pill.

Candycane

hairfanatic

Hi Candycane,

If money and hairgrowth is an issue try Geritol Complete, many people had said how it has grown their hair and it's inexpensive.

cocobrowngal

Tracy, I noticed in you post you said some vitamins contain ingredients which block absorption. If you or anyone else who may know could list what these ingredients are I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks a lot.

Jenai

Another vote for Geritol Complete. I took this stuff years ago and could see an improvement in my hair and skin. It also has a good amount of B-Vitamins that will give you a kick of energy. If absorbtion is an issue, I think Centrum comes in liquid form and is fairly inexpensive.

Valerie

I find that I have to go to a health shop to buy my vitamins. The ones sold in the major chemists like Boots although they are expensive, the problem is the quality. I am particular the skin and hair tablets, the quality of vitamins is very low and it would take a very long time for you to see any difference. I think that it is best to get your vitamins for a health shop and get their own brand, which would be a little cheaper than the other brand.