Church - Mandatory?

Must a person have a 'church home'?

• Yes, everyone should have a church home.

Votes: 34 69.4%
  • No, worship alone or visiting different churchs is okay.

Votes: 15 30.6%

• Total voters

Caramela

The bible tells us to fellowship together, we are put here to worship and glorify God, but we get the greatest benefit of this. The body of Christ is compared to the human body. A foot on its own, or a hand , or whatever is useless with out the other parts. There is no subsitute for the spiritual connection you get from corporate worship, when all the members come together as one body. IMO, when we are seperate for too long we start to compare our behavior to the world instead of to Christ and start to consider certain actions as appropriate because so many in the world engage in them. You wont go to hell if you skip church, and I havent gone regularly for years, but I dont think I live as victoriously as I would with regular attendance. If you are looking for a church home, or feel you are being led to attend, pray and ask for God's guidance. He wont let you down.
Very well put! I agree 100%.

Caramela

I'm sorry but I do not agree with this. I have been without a church home for some time now and I am no more worldly than I was when I was in church. I still have my faith and my walk with God. My praising has not change, my worship has not changed, my walk has not changed. I still fill myself with the word of God and the spirit fills me day in and day out.

That's great, but I think you'd probably be the exception to, rather than the rule in this case.

lejardinier

I'm sorry but I do not agree with this. I have been without a church home for some time now and I am no more worldly than I was when I was in church. I still have my faith and my walk with God. My praising has not change, my worship has not changed, my walk has not changed. I still fill myself with the word of God and the spirit fills me day in and day out.

Thank you so much for writing this. I feel the same way and support you. After years of disappointment with the church that I belonged to I went on a search because I believed that I couldn't still be spiritual without a church to go to. I realized after a decade that it won't be a part of my life anymore. My feelings about God have not changed just because I don't go to church anymore.

Caramela

Thank you so much for writing this. I feel the same way and support you. After years of disappointment with the church that I belonged to I went on a search because I believed that I couldn't still be spiritual without a church to go to. I realized after a decade that it won't be a part of my life anymore. My feelings about God have not changed just because I don't go to church anymore.

If I'm not asking too much, why were you disappointed with the church you belonged to?

motherx2esq

I use to belong to a very big and well known church here in Michigan. I went there every Sunday, attended my meetings every Wednesday and Thursday. Rain or shine I was there. I gave birth to my daughter and did not skip a beat until I was told one Sunday, by an usher, to quite my baby down because they were taping. Now my daughter was not crying and I think she was praising in her own way. Cooing and "singing" and I was told to hush her up! My heart was so hurt and I never returned. My daughter is now 6 and I still have not found a church home. But I am going to attend a church this Sunday that I think the Lord is really calling me to.

But I feel you and I am right there with you. I think your faith is about you and your walk with the Lord not the church you belong to. I was raised in church and as a child it was "home" for me. I want that home again but it's hard to find a real home and not just a place out of the storm.

motherx2esq

That's great, but I think you'd probably be the exception to, rather than the rule in this case.

I don't think so. I think there are more people out here like that than most of give them credit for. People are so quick to judge you if you do not belong to a church. Most time it is not for a lack of wanting or trying. Now there are people who belong to a church and are more worldly than one would think. I grew up with PKs!

Caramela

I don't think so. I think there are more people out here like that than most of give them credit for. People are so quick to judge you if you do not belong to a church. Most time it is not for a lack of wanting or trying. Now there are people who belong to a church and are more worldly than one would think. I grew up with PKs!

PK's? :look: (not sure if I'm following)...

Caramela

Preachers Kids. lol

Ohhhh! LOL :grin: That's another subject entirely :yawn: :nono: anyway, I would never judge someone that is not a member of a congregation but I do think the benefits outweight the disadvantages... There is strength in numbers. And there is more to be learned from others than on our own. I think some people are "church-hurt" and therefore leery to find a congregation to "join"... but there are good churches out there that will help you become strengthened as a Christian.