Clairol Vitapointe Creme Hairdress

thiccknlong

bumping

anyone used vitapointe who has REALLY long hair...mid back length and longer ??? i wonder does the mineral oil stunt growth from the scalp...

bgsix

thicknlong said:
bumping

anyone used vitapointe who has REALLY long hair...mid back length and longer ??? i wonder does the mineral oil stunt growth from the scalp...

Take a look at Chicoro's album. Her hair is off the hook and she uses this product.

HoneyDew

thicknlong said:
bumping

Reniece does: http://public.fotki.com/Reniece20/h..._hair_growth_challenge/my_satin_scarf_method/

I just don't believe in that mineral oil on the scalp stuff. I don't really use products that contain mineral oil rigth now, but I used to apply grease all the time and my hair grew just fine.

I do think that using mineral oil based products as a primary way to moisturize does not always help maintain optimum moisture, at least for my hair.

If my moisture balance is on point, I can use a product like Vitapointe for daily styling, moisture retention and shine.

Candiss

I use Liv hair conditioner instead of this. I had a small tube of vitapoint that I would use on the ends of my hair, but not the scalp. I think it's too much for the scalp. Now I use the Liv and you get a whole lot more for the price than with the vitapoint.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
bgsix said:
Take a look at Chicoro's album. Her hair is off the hook and she uses this product.
Yeah, Chicoro has me wanting to buy this stuff so bad. The mineral oil is the only thing keeping me away.

thiccknlong

Thanks ladies, and chicoro I might try this.

I wanted to get a moisterizer that would also add shine. I know Vitapoint does this. But, it's 13.59 !!!

Anyone know of anything else w/o a lot of min oil ?

Last edited:

HoneyDew

thicknlong said:
Thanks ladies, and chicoro I might try this.

I wanted to get a moisterizer that would also add shine. I know Vitapoint does this. But, it's 13.59 !!!

Anyone know of anything else w/o a lot of min oil ?

Aveda Universal Styling creme but it is more expensive. Same effect (if not better) - no mineral oil. A little goes a long way though. The tube says emulsify a pea sized amount and apply it to your hair. I do that 4-5 time to cover everything and I am good to go.

thiccknlong

HoneyDew said:
Aveda Universal Styling creme but it is more expensive. Same effect (if not better) - no mineral oil. A little goes a long way though. The tube says emulsify a pea sized amount and apply it to your hair. I do that 4-5 time to cover everything and I am good to go.

Does it offer the same glass like shine ?

Ayeshia

My job produces this stuff so I have about 5-6 jars of it :look: . It works really really well on my ends for a blow out, and my hair didnt revert. just the right balance of moisture and the shine is great :)

Tee

Ayeshia said:
My job produces this stuff so I have about 5-6 jars of it :look: . It works really really well on my ends for a blow out, and my hair didnt revert. just the right balance of moisture and the shine is great :)

I have used this for about 3 weeks. I really enjoy it. The shine is unreal!

HoneyDew

Ayeshia said:

Do you get free jars!!!?? I am jealous. Letitia actually has me using this cream. I love it! The shine is great. I don;t use it for moisture really, but it is good as a finishing cream.

Last edited:

Tee

HoneyDew said:
Do you get free jars!!!?? I am jealous. Letitia actualyl has me usign this cream. I love it! The shine is great. I don;t use it for moisture really, but it is good as a finishing cream.

Yes, that is exactly how I use it HoneyDew.

Ayeshia.....I need to come work with you for a week then! lol

HoneyDew

bmoreflyygirl said:
Is it greasy? I've seen it in the store before and thought about buying.

For me it isn't but I have to keep it light. I cannot use it a lot. I think that is why I have to only try to use it for shine and finishing. If I tried to use it as my moisturizer, I think it would be too greasy.

Ayeshia

HoneyDew said:
For me it isn't but I have to keep it light. I cannot use it a lot. I think that is why I have to only try to use it for shine and finishing. If I tried to use it as my moisturizer, I think it would be too greasy.
same here...it can be greasy if you use a lot. but it works wonder for my ends :yep:

:lol: my job produces vitapointe, and I test it for microbial contamination...technically Im not allowed to take the lot BUT I do anyway :lol: why let those huge jars go to waste?

preciousjewel76

Ayeshia said:
same here...it can be greasy if you use a lot. but it works wonder for my ends :yep:

:lol: my job produces vitapointe, and I test it for microbial contamination...technically Im not allowed to take the lot BUT I do anyway :lol: why let those huge jars go to waste?

Oh cool! Are you a microbiologist? My undergrad degree was in micro. I kinda miss being in a lab.:)

DarkAngell

atl_mulattamami said:
Has anyone used this product before? I just bought a small tube of it and used it today. I was skeptical at first because it has some ingredients that are supposed to be no-nos. It was kinda heavy at first but now that my hair is dry it feels soft like a cloud and very silky too.

It works great on my hair. i used it mostly when i wrapped my hair at night or after i washed & dried me hair. It made my hair VERY soft. Only reason i stopped is cause i fell off the wagon with my whole regime.

Ayeshia

preciousjewel76 said:
Oh cool! Are you a microbiologist? My undergrad degree was in micro. I kinda miss being in a lab.:)
Yeah thats what I do...technically Im not a microbiologist degree wise (i just have a b.s in general biology), but I do conduct all the tests like a microbiologist does :yep: pretty easy and laid back kind of job :)

glamazon386

HoneyDew said:

Oh okay... Thanks HoneyDew!

Cleve_gryl

I don't use this product, but why was there a tube of this in my dream last night?! :perplexed Maybe I'm trying to be told something?

preciousjewel76

Cleve_gryl said:
I don't use this product, but why was there a tube of this in my dream last night?! :perplexed Maybe I'm trying to be told something?

Girl, I've had hair product dreams, too! That's what I get for reading LHCF before bedtime.:lol:

BTW, I'm a native NE Ohioan. Born and raised in Akron.:wave:

HoneyDew

Ayeshia said:
Yeah thats what I do...technically Im not a microbiologist degree wise (i just have a b.s in general biology), but I do conduct all the tests like a microbiologist does :yep: pretty easy and laid back kind of job :)

Ayeshia, are the 2 different tubes of Vitapointe the same? I have seen and old fashioned looking one (the one I use) and then a newer looking one.

Last edited: