Clarify with cheapie or expensive shampoo?

envybeauty

Cheap shampoos generally don't cut it with my hair but I use Suave to clarify. I like it. Really.

Wondering if buying a more expensive clarifying shampoo would make a difference...

Has anyone switched from a cheapie to a more expensive clarifying poo and found a difference?

Michelle79

I have used Elucence Volume Clarifying & Suave. I noticed a slight difference while using the more expensive one. I guess it depends on you hair.

I don't use clarifying shampoos anymore. Now I just do ACV rinses to clarify.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I've clarified with Suave and Nexxus Aloe Rid, and do like the Aloe Rid better because it leaves my hair slightly more moisturized, but I would never stop using the Suave.

keluric

Clarifying with Suave Daily Clarifying and an ACV rinse works great for me. You might also want to try Suave's Daily Clarifying Conditioner if you do co-washes.

HoneyDew

I don't think the cost matters more than finding which brand works well for you. Personally all of he cheapies I have tried stripped my hair. Also the Avalon Organics and Keracare (more expensive) one stripped my hair. But, the more expensive ones I have tried, Redken cleansing cream and kenra have been great for me.

MzOptimistic

I have only used Elucence Clarifying Shampoo and I guess it does the job. I just recently started clarifying my hair so..IDK...I also use the ORS aloe shampoo because it removes build-up but I guess Elucence does a good job because when I DC afterwards my hair is back soft and manageable and the comb glides through:)

MzOptimistic

I have only used Elucence Clarifying Shampoo and I guess it does the job. I just recently started clarifying my hair so..IDK...I also use the ORS aloe shampoo because it removes build-up but I guess Elucence does a good job because when I DC afterwards my hair is back soft and manageable and the comb glides through:)

adw425

I have only used Suave Daily Clarifying and VO5 Kiwi and Lime Clarifying shampoos. If they did not work, I would definitely upgrade to a more expensive clarifying shampoo, but they work great for me. (I also do acv rinses and use Cowboy Magic Rosewater deminerializing conditoner for clarifying at times.)

camellia

I started out using Suave and Pantene clarifying shampoos. They both left my hair feeling very rough and dried out.

I now use Redken Cleansing Cream and Nexxus Aloe Rid. They both do an excellent job. My hair never feels dried out or stripped after using them, just extra clean but moisturized too.

Curlee_lurker

LA face/low class booty
I like Herbal Essences Degunkify a lot.

But I love Redken Cleansing Cream. I bought a liter of it 2 years ago and I'm still working on it. So I think it was a bigger initial investment but I go through it so slowly that it's totally worth it.

CAPlush

I've used Nexxus Aloe Rid and Neutrogena Anti-Residue. For my hair, they are comparable so I don't think that I would buy Aloe Rid again.

Bouncy Curls

I was a long time user of Suave but I recently switched to Cream Of Nature Clarifying shampoo and I have not looked since. It's excellent. It cleans my hair well without leaving it feeling brittle

asiaticlily

I've used Nexxus Aloe Rid before but have since switched to Suave Professionals Clarifying Shampoo(comparable to Rusk) and Pantene Clarifying Poo with Amino Proteins. Both leave my hair moisturized.

The Suave Daily Clarifying Poo is another story. That left my hair feeling stripped and dry.

jtsupanova

I have used both cheap and expensive clarifying shampoo's now when I need to clarify I use a table spoon of baking soda in my dilluted Dr.bronners and it works great

Millahdoowop

I use Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo when I want to clarify. I follow up with a moisturizing shampoo and dc with a moisturizing conditioner. I've never had a problem using that method.

HoneyDew

Bouncy Curls said:
I was a long time user of Suave but I recently switched to Cream Of Nature Clarifying shampoo and I have not looked since. It's excellent. It cleans my hair well without leaving it feeling brittle

You know I forgot about this one. I have used that and really loved it. I wish they made it in bigger bottles.

The Girl

I have always used the cheap ones for clarifyin so I really wouldnt know the difference. I can tell the difference between clarifying and not but thats not the question...I think in my non official quest for healthy living I may start using ACV...I bought the big jug and eveything...

rdm

I use Kera Care clarifying. It seems to do the job and remove all the junk I put on my hair the previous week. I clarify once a week.

PinkAngel

I started out using Suave Daily Clarifying but it always left my hair hard & rough. I now use Suave Professionals Clarifying, my hair is never stripped. The only downfall is I have to order it online(drugstore.com) & they've been out of it for awhile. I sure hope it's not being discontinued. If so, I'll be trying Herbal Essence next.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
Bouncy Curls said:

That's the brand I use to clarify also. :yep:

Divine Inspiration

I've been a long-time user of Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree Shampoo since it does a great job of clarifying my hair without leaving it dry. However, while I was home at Christmas, I was in a bind and had to use Suave's clarifying poo, and it was surprisingly effective. It stripped my hair a teeny bit, but after a good DC, my hair was CLEAN & SOFT. I'm considering keeping the Suave on hand since it's inexpensive. It'll take 2-3 more uses of it for me to replace PM Tea Tree with it though. I HATED Nexxus Aloe Rid...tangles, matting, dryness...it was bad.

OneInAMillion

I've used three clarifiers:

*Suave Daily (Cheapie) - Left my hair very stripped
*V05 Kiwi Lime (Cheapie) - My favorite, leaves my hair "squeaky clean" but it still has moisture. I couple it with the clarifying conditioner.
*Frederic Fekkai ACV (Expensive) - Nothing to write home about, works the same as the V05

Can't go wrong with the cheap ones...if you find they've stripped your hair, mix it with a moisturizing shampoo OR use a clarifying conditioner.

Dare~to~Dream

I've used Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo and it works....however I wanted to use shampoos and conditioners from the same line. I also wanted a clarifying shampoo that contained more chelating ingredients so I've also used Elucence and Kenra Clarifying shampoos...the Elucence was okay but the Kenra clarifying shampoo always left my hair in a tangled mess so I won't be using it anymore. :nono:

InnerSoul

I also use suave to clarify and I liked the results.. I noticed that the dullness was lifted in my natural color making my hair a nice darker color after using this shampoo...and for only .99cents I think it's a keeper for me. :grin: