When I Want To Clarify, I Want to CLARIFY

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I stopped using my Pantene Clarifying Shampoo for a while and started using gentler clarifying shampoos. (Elucence, Kenra) And these are good if you just want to clarify alittle bit. But sometimes, I really need a good STRIPPING of my hair! (and I'm at a point now that my hair will let me know when that is)

Do any of you prefer the "harsher" clarifying shampoos like I do?

inthepink

At one point (about a month ago), I did need a pretty strong clarifying shampoo and I used Strip Search by Beyond the Zone. It worked great...and seemed gentle in a way that it didn't dry out my hair, just completely cleaned it, getting rid of all the residue from products just as it said it would do. It just seemed to open my hair up to receive moisture and restored the texture that had been ruined by using too much gel. I bought it at Sally's for under $5.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Not me. /images/graemlins/frown.gif It takes my natural hair several days and gallons of moisturizer to recover from stripping shampoos. My recent experiments with Fantasia Pure Tea shampoo and Suave Clarifying proved this. And the tangles/hair loss are NO JOKE! /images/graemlins/nono.gif

Allandra

I'm down to my last little tiny bit of Fantasia IC 100% Pure Tea Shampoo. I really like this clarifying shampoo. IMO, it seems less harsh than Pantene Clarifying Shampoo. I'm thinking of giving Kenra Clarifying a try since I've never tried a 'gentle' clarifying shampoo.

LABETT

I have used Elucence clarifying shampoo and like it but I
prefer Lanza Deep Cleansing shampoo it really cleans my hair without stripping and tangles.

ccd

I*ve used Herbal Essences with no problems but I do need to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize....

Could you explain when DO you need to clarify....HOW does your hair react when you need to clarify and would you clarify right before touchups? If this is off topic could you PM me please

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
ccd said:
I*ve used Herbal Essences with no problems but I do need to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize....

Could you explain when DO you need to clarify....HOW does your hair react when you need to clarify and would you clarify right before touchups? If this is off topic could you PM me please

[/ QUOTE ]
Not off topic at all. I need to clarify when my hair is full of products, and my regular ole shampoo doesn't clean my hair properly. When you use stying products and stuff, it can build up on the hair and scalp. A good clarifying shampoo will get all of that out of your hair and scalp and make your hair feel nice and clean afterwards. Have you ever used any clarifying shampoos?

FrizzMizz

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Not me. /images/graemlins/frown.gif It takes my natural hair several days and gallons of moisturizer to recover from stripping shampoos. My recent experiments with Fantasia Pure Tea shampoo and Suave Clarifying proved this. And the tangles/hair loss are NO JOKE! /images/graemlins/nono.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You could say that again!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tracy

I definitely prefer a really strong clarifying shampoo. I've been using Razac (just because that's the strongest one I have) but Lanza DC is my fav followed by the Fantasia Product that Allandra uses.

But I know just what you mean SG. I like a SQUEAK when I clarify. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

jellynote

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
I like a SQUEAK when I clarify. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too.

[/ QUOTE ]

i do to

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
[ QUOTE ]
ccd said:

[/ QUOTE ]

My hair will come out somewhat stiff and coarse feeling even after I've used products that would usually make it feel very soft, silky, and moisturized. Also, the strands tend to catch and tangle on each other easily.

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
Not me. It takes my natural hair several days and gallons of moisturizer to recover from stripping shampoos. My recent experiments with Fantasia Pure Tea shampoo and Suave Clarifying proved this. And the tangles/hair loss are NO JOKE!

If i could just clarify my scalp that would be the thing to do

ccd

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
ccd said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Not off topic at all. I need to clarify when my hair is full of products, and my regular ole shampoo doesn't clean my hair properly. When you use stying products and stuff, it can build up on the hair and scalp. A good clarifying shampoo will get all of that out of your hair and scalp and make your hair feel nice and clean afterwards. Have you ever used any clarifying shampoos?

[/ QUOTE ]

oh thanks so much for your responses....

ALLANDRA:, I have used Herbal Essences and I liked it. It made my hair pretty squeaky clean but not a stripped feeling...

SUPERGIRL! Thanks for the details, I toooooo am going thru a tangly period and Im thinking I need to clarify

I am however, hesitant to do it now since I need a touchup, Im not sure if that would make it worst .............what are your thoughts on that.

Thanks again /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
How close are you to your touch-up? If you're at least 2 weeks away then go ahead and do it. Follow up with a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. If you are closer than 2 weeks, then the neutralizing shampoo at relaxer time will do a good job of clarifying your hair. Then if you'd like to clarify again then I'd wait at least 2 weeks after the relaxer.

Kiadodie

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
I stopped using my Pantene Clarifying Shampoo for a while and started using gentler clarifying shampoos. (Elucence, Kenra) And these are good if you just want to clarify alittle bit. But sometimes, I really need a good STRIPPING of my hair! (and I'm at a point now that my hair will let me know when that is)

[/ QUOTE ]

Supergirl, I feel the same way. I like the clean feeling of my hair without drying it out.

ccd

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
How close are you to your touch-up? If you're at least 2 weeks away then go ahead and do it. Follow up with a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. If you are closer than 2 weeks, then the neutralizing shampoo at relaxer time will do a good job of clarifying your hair. Then if you'd like to clarify again then I'd wait at least 2 weeks after the relaxer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am 10 1/2 weeks post relax, I usually go in ( it just happens like this) at 11 weeks...Ive tried to go to 12 weeks but I just cant seem to make it. ( Im afraid of breakage at the point of newgrowth....) I think I will decide today if I want to relax this week or not. Thanks again

Nyambura

surfer girl
Can't get with the harsh clarifiers. I don't put that much product in my hair, e.g., gel, setting lotion, etc., so I don't need anything that, on my hair at least, is the equivalent of turpentine. I like my hair to squeak after clarifying but Pantene, et al. makes my hair feel like a dry, tangled mess of matted seaweed. Over stripped. No moisture at all and therefore no squeak. Elucence, Avalon, or just regular ol' OTC "Normal" shampoos clarify my hair just fine.