Clarifying relaxed hair w/baking soda

Hey Lady :wave:

Loveya Uses It With Great Results For Her Wash Every 2-3 Weeks. She Says For Her Hair It Works Better Than Shampoo:yep: Just Make Sure To Dc Really Well After You Wash With It :) HTH

AKA-Tude

This is my main way of washing.

I follow w/ acv rinse, then DC.

Makes my hair so soft.

I love it!!!

vandidix

I do this about once a month and I love it! I mix it to a pasty consistency and let it sit on my hair for about 5 minutes in the shower. Then I DC with Nexxus humectant con afterward. My hair comes out shiny and soft!

Divine_Order

Just posting my experience:)

Well, I think I need to work on my baking soda/water ratio. I think I had too much water for my mixture. I think I may have done that subconscienously since this is my first time. I just water my hair really good and poured that water/baking soda mix over my head. (2 tablespoons with I think about 64 oz....not sure but I used one of those big clear plastic bowls that I use when I thaw out meat:look: they usually come in sets of three...I used the larhest one) I let it sit on my hair and kinda rubbed it around a bit. Rinsed it out, did an ACV rinse (1 tablespoon vinegar 16 oz water) and ran through a cheapie conditioner (I didn't DC) VO5 champagne kiss. I let my hair air dry...my scalp still felt oily (didn't really get in there) but my hair felt sqeaky clean. I just put on some amla oil and put it in a bun. I think it came out alright, but I know it's def. something I will have to try again in the near future, just because I don't think I really got true results from this technique.
We shall see:)

SoSweet08

Have any of you that are relaxed tried using baking soda to clarify? What were your results?

I did this before and loved it! I had about 1 tbsp of baking soda and addes it to 8oz of water. I had so much gunk stuck in my hair. I couldn't get it out for nothing. I overdosed on oils I think so my hair felt like I had a lot of vasaline in it. But after putting the baking soda mix on mt hair everything was all good.

SoSweet08

Have any of you that are relaxed tried using baking soda to clarify? What were your results?

I did this before and loved it! I had about 1 tbsp of baking soda and addes it to 8oz of water. I had so much gunk stuck in my hair. I couldn't get it out for nothing. I overdosed on oils I think so my hair felt like I had a lot of vasaline in it. But after putting the baking soda mix on mt hair everything was all good.

Divine_Order

Thanks for your responses guys!:grin:

SoSweet...I'm going to try your measurments next time. See if I get better results for my scalp.:yep:

PatTodd

I used to mix shampoo and baking soda in my hand when I used shampoo. Now I only use conditioner and I mix the baking soda with the conditioner if I want to "clarify".

Divine_Order

I used to mix shampoo and baking soda in my hand when I used shampoo. Now I only use conditioner and I mix the baking soda with the conditioner if I want to "clarify".

Hmmm...that does seem like it would be more moisturizing to do it that way.:yep: I may have to give that a try as well (once I get down the backing soda/water mix of course:grin:)

shtow

I found that using a regular chelating shampoo gave me better results than baking soda and water.