Clarifying Shampoo

chrissy

Hello, I am new to the boards and I need help finding a good clarifying shampoo. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Pantene Clarifying Shampoo is oh so cheap and works very well

Said it once (actually more than once), saying it again: L'anza Deep Cleansing Shampoo. No SLS or harsh ingredients and works fantastically.

chrissy

Thanks so much....I really need to clarify bad. I was told by my cousin that a neutralizing shampoo would do the same but wasn't too sure. I noticed a slight build-up when I washed my hair last night. So I really need to correct this. Thanks again for the suggestions.

Michelle79

Could somebody please tell me exactly what does a clarifying shampoo do? I keep hearing that it's good for the hair. How often should you do it?

T

Tee

Clarifying shampoos remove product build-up from the hair. They give your hair a "clean start".

Off topic, but I love love love the shirt Alicia Keyes has on. I need one!

inthepink

The only kind I've used is the Pantene Clarifying Shampoo but I found that it was too stripping - funny that you like it Supergirl, we tend to like similar things. Maybe that is b/c I'm transitioning...
So, that leads me to a question - are you relaxed, natural, or transitioning?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I didn't know St. Ives had a clarifying shampoo. Thou shalt not tempt Supergirl to buy new products

I still kind of want to try the Elucence clarifying.

Hairlove,

I agree that the Pantene one is stripping, but I figure that's what Ineed in a clarifying poo. I think you were addressing chrissy when you asked if her hair was relaxed, natural, or transitioning. But just in case you meant me, I'm relaxed

LuLu

Now, one more time for the slow people, what does clarifying shampoo do? And should people who have no-lye relaxers try to use it?

soulchild

I have a question, does anyone feel that they simply do not need clarifying shampoos, or is this something that pretty much everyone uses?

Aerie17

For LuLu:

[ QUOTE ]
Tee said:
Clarifying shampoos remove product build-up from the hair. They give your hair a "clean start".

[/ QUOTE ]

lunalight7

Soulchild, I wonder about that as well because I use AO swimmers poo to 'clarify' but the product is not marketed as a clarifying shampoo. I figure if it gets rid of chlorine and other gunk, it should clarify my hair. I also figure that if my hair feels squeaky clean w/o feeling stripped, then it has been clarified...who knows? It seems to work for me.