Client tells of finding MAZANI in BSS.

WHY DO YOU THINK THEY KEEP IT BEHIND THE COUNTER????
Can you read the labels? does the product smell the same??

My BSS stock their most expensive and limited special order items behind the counter. Yes, I can read the label and instructions. Printed clearly on the container. I asked them to order it way back when and finally they did. Smells like the real deal and straightened my hair like the real deal. Love it!!:yep:

Oh wow, they are selling the Mizani Lye version on the shelf in her bss? :perplexed Yeah, I can understand your concern on that one, because that could be trouble for her whether it is authentic or not. My Bss down the street sells Mizani relaxers, but they only carry the no-lye version.

and I see what you are saying Nixx. :yep:

They sell those Mizani HUGE tub relaxers at this BSS i frequent too. I didn't know they weren't supposed to do that.

My BSS stock their most expensive and limited special order items behind the counter. Yes, I can read the label and instructions. Printed clearly on the container. I asked them to order it way back when and finally they did. Smells like the real deal and straightened my hair like the real deal. Love it!!:yep:
Same here. I used Mizani neutralizer and conditioner that I bought in a BSS. They worked great. They were in a glass case instead of on the sales floor.

I think this is an issue of realizing there is an inherent risk to everything that we do in life. Some individuals will calculate before they take a risk and others will dive in head first. I think it is wrong of ANY industry to capitalize off of the weakness or ignorance of others - however in many capitalist societies that is exactly what happens. We can complaint, rant, and vent but the only way to effectively produce any results is to take action.

Is it unethical to sell mixed in/old products etc to unknowing customers? Heck, yes! But at the same time recognize that technically you are committing an illegal act to by purchasing a product intended for licensed use only. I'm not saying I haven't been guilty of buying professional products for at home use...I didn't realize Keracare was professional use only. Will I continue to buy this line? Absolutely! It has done wonders for my hair so far. I want to try Mizani relaxers as well but I haven't yet. I feel like it is a calculated risk I would take by purchasing any of these products - you know the risks going in.

That said I think it is also inappropriate of stylists to try and monopolize their knowledge of hair care to "coerce" clients into haircare compliance. By that I mean, I have sat in many a chair and asked stylists how do I maintain this "style, hair, etc" and have often gotten the same response....just come in every two weeks or every week and I'll take care of you. I think it would be more encouraging for a stylist to share their tips with the client b/c if you are doing a good job they will be more likely to return rather than coercing them by not giving them knowledge and then charging an arm and a leg for the services rendered. I would like to add I don't believe all stylists do this and I certainly don't mean to offend...just stating my piece.:look:

Amen!!!!! LOL!!!!!!
I think this is an issue of realizing there is an inherent risk to everything that we do in life. Some individuals will calculate before they take a risk and others will dive in head first. I think it is wrong of ANY industry to capitalize off of the weakness or ignorance of others - however in many capitalist societies that is exactly what happens. We can complaint, rant, and vent but the only way to effectively produce any results is to take action.

Is it unethical to sell mixed in/old products etc to unknowing customers? Heck, yes! But at the same time recognize that technically you are committing an illegal act to by purchasing a product intended for licensed use only. I'm not saying I haven't been guilty of buying professional products for at home use...I didn't realize Keracare was professional use only. Will I continue to buy this line? Absolutely! It has done wonders for my hair so far. I want to try Mizani relaxers as well but I haven't yet. I feel like it is a calculated risk I would take by purchasing any of these products - you know the risks going in.

That said I think it is also inappropriate of stylists to try and monopolize their knowledge of hair care to "coerce" clients into haircare compliance. By that I mean, I have sat in many a chair and asked stylists how do I maintain this "style, hair, etc" and have often gotten the same response....just come in every two weeks or every week and I'll take care of you. I think it would be more encouraging for a stylist to share their tips with the client b/c if you are doing a good job they will be more likely to return rather than coercing them by not giving them knowledge and then charging an arm and a leg for the services rendered. I would like to add I don't believe all stylists do this and I certainly don't mean to offend...just stating my piece.:look:

Back