Clip-in Weave

iCandey

I really dont want to go sew in weave again if I dont have to bc I was my hair too often. Does anyone have any information on clip in weave? I always hear Wendy Williams discussing this.

missdirtysouth

I wear wigs that they sometimes call instant weaves. Could that be it? Basically its a wig with a comb in the front and the back. You leave a little hair out to cover the front. This is the link to my favorite style from my fav.brand, Sensationnel.

http://www.sensationnel.com/fall2003/pro.asp?cat=IW&page=2

They show lots of styles.

In Houston, you can find them anywhere they sell wigs. I assume that's the same everywhere. Hope that helps.

jainygirl

as a former self proclaimed "wig junkie"
...that is a VERY addictive site!!!!
i have heard of those things (quick weaves) but didnt know that they had that many different styles and looks. i already saved it under my favorites
-- jainygirl

Angelicus

You can make your own clip-on wig pieces. buy a weft of hair and throw hair glue on it, then paste it on some wig clips. much cheaper than Wendy. I plan on doing this for instant highlights.

Scasey

[ QUOTE ]
anky said:
You can make your own clip-on wig pieces. buy a weft of hair and throw hair glue on it, then paste it on some wig clips. much cheaper than Wendy.

[/ QUOTE ]

To piggy back on Anky's suggestion, you can also sew it on the clip, it's cheap and easy. Go to the beauty supply and ask for the black clips, they are about $2.00, get a thin needle with black thread and sew the hair onto the clip.

Make sure that the front of the clip is facing the back side of the hair and the back (the part you clip in to your hair)is facing you when you sew it.

Go to www.hairconspiracy.com for an idea of what your finished product will look like.

GoingBack

Does anyone have a picture of what the clip should look like? I want to try this method sometime soon.

iCandey

thank you so much ladies for the suggestions and info!!! Also an idea just came to me to sew in a wig...I think i will try that later this summer, basically by a wig cut out some parts and sew it on, I will wear this maybe a week at a time ...I will definitely try the combs..I have never hear of wig clips...

aprilbiz

Wow...I never though of sewing on a wig...that's an interesting idea. You could basically make a cornrow around your entire head and sew the wig onto that with a weaving thread and needle.

Girl! You're on to something!

iCandey

yep you sure can...I was going to make my cornrows going back though and kind of custom cut up the wig so I could have a part and that my scalp could breath easier...this way I could see my real hair more often then with a sewn in...I still may try the clips but they cost a Grip!!

Karonica

Dag, there was this website that gave direct instructions on how to make weave-clips. I shoulda bookmarked it! Grrr!

iCandey

Hey guys I found the wig clips -they are cool...u sew them onto the end of the track, they are a tiny comb and they snap on... but better yet....the lady at the hair place told me about sewing the tracks onto a hair net so it actually is somewhat "like" a wig...I will get it this weekend and then sew the net onto my own hair.... thanks for all of the tips ladies!!

Madison

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
DSD, taking notes...

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too! Damn I love this site and you ladies!

Such a wealth of information you all are!!!

Armyqt

[ QUOTE ]
Scasey said:
[ QUOTE ]
anky said:
You can make your own clip-on wig pieces. buy a weft of hair and throw hair glue on it, then paste it on some wig clips. much cheaper than Wendy.

[/ QUOTE ]

To piggy back on Anky's suggestion, you can also sew it on the clip, it's cheap and easy. Go to the beauty supply and ask for the black clips, they are about $2.00, get a thin needle with black thread and sew the hair onto the clip.

Make sure that the front of the clip is facing the back side of the hair and the back (the part you clip in to your hair)is facing you when you sew it.

Go to www.hairconspiracy.com for an idea of what your finished product will look like.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I'm loving this:

I've really been wanting to get a nice weave this summer, but still a little apprehensive becuase I like to wash my hair alot. This would be ideal for me ( a curlt style too), but the whole set is over $200.

A

AmilLion

All winter, I wore a clip-in weave just to add highlights and change up the length when I wanted.

I make my own clip in hair pieces and this is how I do it. From your local beauty supply store, purchase the hair that's attached to a weft. As if you were going to sew a weave onto your hair, measure each weft for each part. Take the wigs clips and sew one on each end, and then by your own judgement sew additional pieces in the middle for security. Voila.....clip in hair pieces.

I love them because you can take them out when you get home, condition and treat your hair, they minimal stress on my hair and you can try different colors for the highlighted effect.

Good Luck.

iCandey

hi. yep they look similar to that. make sure they have a comb in it and a snap...sew/glue on track and voila!...I will be doing this soon...for now I will get the tracks sewn into a net...will let you know the results!!!

Karonica

Yes, keep my posted. I have some Outre hair tracks here which the hair is yuck and I don't wanna have to sew it in, but would rather clip it in and then curl it.

Haleni

I have a couple of questions. How small are the clips? Do they stick out, if you wear it too straight? Do you sew on more than one track of hair?

iCandey, where did you find the clips?

iCandey

the clips were not that big i will know after sat if they stick out thru straight hair ..i found them at the a black owned beauty store in Houston, they were on tracks used for people that just want a few tracks for highlights and she had to order them for me if I didnt want it already attached to the hair