Clip-in Weave

iCandey

Hi guys my hair looks great! The only problem I had was that my just relaxed hair was too straigh for the clips and would not hold so we had to glue in the tracks in the front in stead of clip in. The rest ofmy hair is tracks glued on to a hair net so it can come on and off like a wig. My hair looks completely natural.....
thanks ladies for all of your suggestions, your ideas along with my stylists creativity have given me an alternative to sew in weave which will allow me to maintain my hair in a healthy manner

iCandey

oh and the clips did not show thru my straight hair to answer a previous question...they just kept slipping...I am sure different manufacturers probably make different quality clips so just experiment

Haleni

Glad to hear it's working well! I sewed the hair onto the clips, haven't worn out in public yet. I have worn the "quick weaves" with the hair net, but they were just to hot in the summer.

TrustMeLove

do you sew the weave into the little holes or do you sew it around the clip. I bought my clips today and yea i spent like 8 dollars for the clips 2 for a dollar.

-faye

Haleni

I sewed the clips in the little holes. I've worn them out and they are great!. Feels much better than a wig. Plus they feel very secure.HTH

kitten73

I love these, I get them in NY from a Beauty supply store in Parkchester in the Bronx. THey are great, I wore one for a week or two and I got so many compliments.

Haleni

Check around. They only cost 1.00 for two at a local BSS. You can buy them on ebay for 1.00 each. To search ebay, type in "toupee clips". HTH Oh BTW, I have seen them at other places for 3.00 or more, but I'm sure you can find them cheaper somewhere on the internet.

TrustMeLove

do any of u use different size tracks or did you just make your clips from one pack of hair?

because looking at the ones they sale online its like 11 inch 7inch and 10 inch..like different sizes to get one hair syle alright help a sista out.

-faye

Netta1

Ok I'm still confused about this. How do you do it again? Where do you get the clips from? I need step by step instructions

Haleni

One pack of hair is more than enough, if you already have some length to you hair. I wear them to add fullness, so I usually wear three tracks. I sew 2 to 3 clips on each track depending on the legnth of the track. I measure the length of the track depending on where I want to place it,across my head, then cut it. Once its in my hair, I cut it even with the length of my hair. My hair is just past my shoulder,and I buy the 10"length hair, which is long enough. HTH Check out www.hairpiece.com. They have the clips for .50 cents each.

Haleni

Netta, I will take some pictures, to show you how I sew the hair on the clips. I will send you an IM, when I post them.

TrustMeLove

I sewed the clips on so I have 3 different tracks of hair.
I think im going to have a couple more pieces in the front, but I havent decided a style yet. Im trying to add length and thickness.

But the sewing took a long time and it really hurt my fingers. I couldn't do it with a weaving needed I had to use the regular one for clothes and you know how pointy at the ends those are.

I might use glue for the smaller ones since they don't have holes in the clips. But Ill let you ladies know tomorrow how it turned out, because I haven't put them in yet.

-faye

GoingBack

Does anyone have pictures of their clip-in weaves or pictures of your hair with the hair clipped in? If not, please take some! I'm dying to see what the finished product looks like.

TrustMeLove

I did my hair this morning and it looks great. I had so many people compliment me today..plus I had a performance at city of refuge..(hey we sung at their out door youth event) and I was baggin.

I have 4 tracks in the back and 2 smaller tracks up front.

-faye

H

honey_jammz82

I use them to add some blond highlites to my hair...they work great and are very secure.

I paid $1 for two at my local bss, it is a great buy!

Karonica

Hey guys, I purchased 8 clips yesterday along with Sensationnel's Pro-10 hair. It's basically synthetic hair that can be curled with a curling iron!
Only 14.99 per pack!
I can't wait to try it!

But the clips were 2 for $1.49. Not bad. But I wish I got 2 for a buck.
I would've bought 6 packs of them.

iCandey

yeh she said webisite...I wish i had some pics...i dont have a cam...if i still have this style I will take some at the DC meeting i attend

MsKibibi

You ladies all deserve an award of creativity, or atleast for looking great on a budget. I was thinking about getting an 'instant weave' but it cost $65 for the human hair. But now i'm going to buy the wig clips and make my own. Thanks ladies