Clip-in Weave

iCandey

You are welcome!!! You can make an instant weave too....just glue tracks onto a hair net.....thats what I have and the front is clip in....the site wendy gave is topsecrethair.com but i heard her say something about $1k......i think we are doing just fine right here in making our own for a FRACTION of the price

MsKibibi

Oh I get what you're saying now. I didnt understand how the hair net would stay before but now I see that you put clips on it also.
Can you put clips all the way around the hair net to make it more secure, or will it look funny when you put it on your head? Also, what type of hair net are you using (i.e. big, small, tight around the head etc.)? thanks again

MsKibibi

I just got the weave clips they were 2 for $1.49 at my BSS. I'm not sure whether to make 'clip in weave' or the 'instant weave'.

iCandey

i use the thick kind of hair net -actually a girl in beauty school did it for me but its eeeasy to do...you will need one of those fake heads that wigs sit on and a sturdy hair net, just glue on the tracks to the hair net on the fake head OR (faster way and better for fitting) put on like a stocking cap and the hair net over that so that the glue doesnt get on your Real hair and glue the tracks on that way.....for me, we folded the net in half and sewed it down so that its a half a head "instant weave" and the front is clipped in weave to make it look more natural so that I have a part.....

iCandey

the hair net Does stay in place, the elastic is very sturdy...I am not talking about the thin hair nets that come with weave I mean the THick hair nets....I would not suggest putting clips on the hair net

iCandey

yep since it stretches I recommend actually gluing on the tracks while the net is on Your head for a better fit...make sure to protect your really hear well...

SweetNic_JA

Hi all

I tried the clips and I love them! I added sew-in tracks b4 my vacation but they loosened whenever my hair got washed. I replaced the sew-in's with the clip-in's last night. They are as secure as you all said they'd be. I'll be using these from now on!

btw: I purchased the clips for $1 per packag and 2 came in each package.

Thanks!!

msniq

sally's had the hair clips too. I do not know how much they are but I have seen them. I would love to do this for color, like highlights with out hte damage.

Nina_S

[ QUOTE ]
iCandey said:
the clips were not that big i will know after sat if they stick out thru straight hair ..i found them at the a black owned beauty store in Houston, they were on tracks used for people that just want a few tracks for highlights and she had to order them for me if I didnt want it already attached to the hair

[/ QUOTE ]

iCandey,

Where is the black-owned beauty supply in Houston? Do they have as large of a variety as the Asian supply houses?

Nina

msniq

Sally's clips
They are 3 per package. I went in today but I had to rush and did not have time to look around for them. I am soooo going to do this for length and color. I will TRY tp post pix.

DigitalRain

Has anyone been able to successfully make their own clip on weaves? I'm thinking of making one for highlights.

iCandey

Yes me :) I wore them in the front for a while and in the back I put tracks on a net to make a half wig...it just looked like a sewn in if it looked like a weave at all

Last edited:

MissFallon

iCandey said:
I really dont want to go sew in weave again if I dont have to bc I was my hair too often. Does anyone have any information on clip in weave? I always hear Wendy Williams discussing this.

I use this and it is great. I ordered it from instanthair.com and from Ebay.com. I have a wavy one and a straight one. It clips in your hair and you can remove it every night before bed. I would def. recommend this for anyone who wants extensions.

seeminglysweet

For those of you that use the clip-in hair for highlights do you have ayn pictures of it???

I have dark brown, almost black hair and I just keep picturing a huge chunk of light brown hair thrown up in there and it doesn't seem cute..:confused:

trinidarkie1

Thanks for bumping up this post. I am definitely going to look for the clips this weekend and start working on my hair. I am tired of how my hair looks and I think I need to start back protecting my ends a bit, so I may do a hair in - hair out with the clip ins attached to the hair in.

Wish me luck!

HoneyDew

trinidarkie1 said:
Thanks for bumping up this post. I am definitely going to look for the clips this weekend and start working on my hair. I am tired of how my hair looks and I think I need to start back protecting my ends a bit, so I may do a hair in - hair out with the clip ins attached to the hair in.

Wish me luck!

Good luck!

And they do really help protect your ends.

You can keep your ends moisturized and hidden and even do buns and french rolls. CUTE!

And then your still have the freedom to care for your hair/scalp and shampoo/deep condition it unlike sew in weaves.