Close to Waist Length anyone......

fancypants007

How many of us are close to waist length? For those close to waist length, please check in and answer the following questions. I'll start.

1. How far are you from waist length? 6-7"

2. What is your hair type? 4a/b

3. Are you permed/natural/transitioning? Natural

4. What is your current routine? Wash once a week with F.A.S.T. shampoo, deep condition with either Beyond the Zone Last Call or Profectiv Growth Masque for 30 minutes under my steamer. I rinse, and then moisturize with Clairol Renewal 5X Intensive conditioner for 30 minutes without heat. I then apply leave in conditioner by Clairol 5X line, add Wonder 8 oil or sweet almond oil to each section, detangle with fingers, comb thru once, and then add WOC gel and a little profective break-free hairdressing and plait. I have worn braids/wigs during my 2 years at growing my hair long.

5. Are you taking supplements or using a particular hair product to promote hair growth? I take vegetable/fruit supplement, biotin, alfala, and i will soon add Hair Engerizer vitamins. I usually have in the mornings a soy protein shake with added brewers yeast. I also try to do regular head-stands for about 5 minutes to get blood to my scalp.

6. When are you striving to reach your goal? Hopefully by August of '04.

7. What has been the biggest factor that you think has contributed to your hair growth thus far? Braids and less manipulation. I also like to add that I am loving my natural hair. I was going to reach my goal and put in a relaxer, but i have changed my mind. If i want straight hair i will get it pressed

Thanks for starting this thread. This way I can stay motivated!!
1. How far are you from waist length? About 5 inches

2. What is your hair type? 4a/b

3. Are you permed/natural/transitioning? Natural

4. What is your current routine? Modified no-poo: Wash every three weeks with shampoo; conditioner washes on alternate weeks. Deep condition every week.
Products: -Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo
-Pantene Hydrating Curls Shampoo
-Pantene Hydrating Curls Conditioner
-Vo5 Strawberries and Cream Conditioner (for
conditioner only washes)
-LeKair Cholesterol Strengthening and
Conditioning Cream (deep conditioner)
-Pantene Hydrating Curls Frizz-Control Treatment
-Hot Six Oil
My favorite protective style-two-stranded twists

5. Are you taking supplements or using a particular hair product to promote hair growth? Powernutrient (multivitamin in drink form), MSM, Vitamin B6, Flex-a-min (combo of MSM, glucosamine, and chondroitin), and Flaxseed Oil.

6. When are you striving to reach your goal? No later than Dec. of 2004

7. What has been the biggest factor that you think has contributed to your hair growth thus far? Staying away from heat!!

EXSQUISIT

1. How far are you from waist length? 4"

2. What is your hair type? 3b/c

3. Are you permed/natural/transitioning? relaxed

4. What is your current routine? Wash once a week with motions lavish or con. deep condition with motions lavish or a protein treatment.....i alternate a new deep conditioner each week. use a s&s leave in mixture to detangle then moisturize ends well with jojoba moisturizer or evoo or hot 6 oil and either do a braidout or let airdry straight. bun up for the night with satin cap on top

5. Are you taking supplements or using a particular hair product to promote hair growth? i only take a multi, cant stick with anything else.

6. When are you striving to reach your goal? Hopefully by dec 2004

7. What has been the biggest factor that you think has contributed to your hair growth thus far? keeping the ends well moisturized and keeping heat at a minimum(i still used a bonnet dryer for deep cond...and i may flat iron once a month)

felicia

Although i'm no where near waist length, great post.

alibi

hair bored
[ QUOTE ]
fancypants007 said:
How many of us are close to waist length? For those close to waist length, please check in and answer the following questions. I'll start.

1. How far are you from waist length?

2. What is your hair type?

3. Are you permed/natural/transitioning?

4. What is your current routine?

5. Are you taking supplements or using a particular hair product to promote hair growth?

6. When are you striving to reach your goal?

7. What has been the biggest factor that you think has contributed to your hair growth thus far?

[/ QUOTE ]

fancypants,

Hmm...these questions sound a little FAMILIAR, have you been reading the bra strap thread???
LOL

Faith

great minds think alike. I was just thinking people that are almost at waist length need a post like this.

***I'm about 3" away

***4a/b

***Natural

***I'm in braids/interlocks right now. My regimen is wash every 2 weeks or so with diluted shampoo. Then spray with scurl and oil with whatever is at hand...1-2x/week.

5. Are you taking supplements or using a particular hair product to promote hair growth?
***No, I take a regular multi vitamin when I remember. And I'm back to taking Brewer's Yeast and I'm adding Cod Liver oil to th mix. I decided to take these because my skin is dry and I'm hoping taking these will help the situation.

***I'm hoping by August 2004 I'll be there but realistically...November of 2004.

7. What has been the biggest factor that you think has contributed to your hair growth thus far?
***Braids, interlocks, weaves and less manipulation. I have not been in my hair in years. I'm just letting it do its thing. I was thinking that maybe when I get to waist length I will wear it out more but I know that may not be a good idea. I can't keep my hands out of my hair.

How many inches from waist length: about 3 1/2
Taking Solgar's Biotin 1000mcg whenever i remember
Starting Surge challenge: November 9th, 2003
Hair type: 3c/4a
drinks at least 1 Liter of water a day
Striving for goal: June 2004 or else I quit =)
Current routine: Wash and rollerset once a week using one in each of the two categories:
Shampoos: Creme of Nature, Aphogee Evening Primrose, newly added Joico Kerapro, Nutrine Garlic Shampoo
Conditioners: Motions CPR, LeKair Cholesterol(green), Joico KPax(newly added, Aphogee Treatment for dry/damaged hair

Dutchess

My hair care system is relatively simple.
1. My hair is 23 inches long - 27 inches is waist length for me.
2. My hair type is 3-c
3. I have relaxed hair.
4. My current routine: I wash my hair twice a week.
- Shampoos: L.U.S.T., Creme of Nature, Pantene Daily Moisturizing Shampoo and Keracare.
- Conditioners: L.U.S.T., Pantene Daily Moisturizing Conditioner and Keracare.
Clarifying Shampoo: Pantene
Deep Conditioners: UBH, and ORS Hair Mayo
Creme Moisturizers: UBH Lotion, ISO Bouncy Creme, Elasta QP and Mango Butter
Spray Moisturizers: UBH Dew, Hawaiian Silky, Sta-Sof-Fro and S-Curl and Surge
After I wash, condition and detangle my hair in the shower, I part my hair in 4 sections, moisturize with cremes and sprays and braid tightly. I moisturize the last 3 inches with Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil. I twist the ends and curl under and sleep with satin bonnet. The next day, I undo the braids, spray with Sta-Sof-Fro and Dew. My hair has beautiful long, loose, soft curls with shine. I love this style!
5. I take MSM on and off. Women's One-A-Day Vitamins, I work out 4-5 days a week, drink plenty of water and occasionally drink protein shakes.
6. I would like to reach my goal by September'04 or whenever my particular growth cycle permits.
7. The contributing factors to the success of my hair care has been: Cathy Howse, NO HEAT, moisturizing twice a day, the braid-out hair style and the members of LHCF. A few years ago I never would have entertained the thought of having waist length hair - now I know that it is a real possibility and I look forward to making it happen.

jrw

[ QUOTE ]
RedBee said:
question for the long-haired girls: when you wash your hair in the shower, doesnt it feel really heavy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really.

Oh, not quite there yet. Had wanted to be there since this summer, but major setbacks kept me from doing so. So I pushed for the next year. My hair grows slow, sometimes I got three months without a perm and only get 1/4inch. Waist length even is my ultimate goal so when i get there, I'm celebrating and updating my picture for sure.

[ QUOTE ]
RedBee said:
question for the long-haired girls: when you wash your hair in the shower, doesnt it feel really heavy?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it doesn't.

ADB

I am 5" away from waist length. I may be closer but I can't tell because of shrinkage. My hair type is 3c/4a not really sure. I have a texturizer. My last one was March 20, 2004. I'm not sure if I'm going to get another one or not. I've only had my hair texturized 3 times in my life I've been natural the rest of the time. Since finding this forum I have learned how to take care of my natural hair. But getting back to the subject........I wash my hair with Biolage shampoo 1 time a week, I conditioner wash with VO5 strawberries and cream 3 times a week, and I rinse 3 times a week. I also deep condition with UBH protien conditioner once a week, and I use Biolage ultra hydrating balm for my moisturizeing deep conditioner. I'm currently on the no heat challenge, and the no trim challenge. I'm not going to straighten my hair until about a 3 days before Christmas. I think I will have reached waist length by Christmas 2004
. I am currently not taking my vitamins on a regular basis. I take them when I remember. I workout 3 times a week. I eat a lot of meat which is a lot of protien. I'm trying to drink more water. I moisturize my hair day and night with Salarm 21 and carrot oil. I seal my ends with Blue magic hair grease. It works just like vasilin would. I think keeping my ends really moisturized and sealing in the moisture with the Blue magic is really helping me retain my length
. The K cutter comb is also helping a lot
! Good luck to all of you out their who are trying to grow waist length hair. Just be patient it will eventually happen.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
About 2-3 inches.

3b/c

Natural

During the summer I plan to conditioner wash every day and put my hair in a bun just to experiment and see if it retains more length.
During the winter I wash about 1-2 times a week and I mostly wear my hair in a single braid down my back.

No, but I eat healthy food and exercise almost every day.

Judging from how fast my hair usually grows: by December this year (2004).

I woke up one morning and realized my hair was damaged from too many highlights, hair colors and flat ironing, so I cut of a few inches. Since then I have stayed away from damaging hair colors and heat. I trim regularly and concentrate on keeping the ends soft and moisturized. My hair doesn't grow extremely fast, but if I leave it alone it will grow. My hair has been almost waist length before and my ultimate goal is hip length by December 2005.

BrEE

1. How far are you from waist length? i'm guessing 4-5 inches???

2. What is your hair type? 4a/b 3c

3. Are you permed/natural/transitioning? relaxed

4. What is your current routine?wash once a week w/ elucence shampoo and kenra conditioner i might throw a protein treatment in there.spray hair esp ends with oil sheen and maybe use something else every 2-3 days when i remember.

5. Are you taking supplements or using a particular hair product to promote hair growth? no, can't swallow for nothing.

6. When are you striving to reach your goal?early next year, but i dont really want waist length, i'd rather elbow length.

7. What has been the biggest factor that you think has contributed to your hair growth thus far? keeping it from breaking by pretty much leaving it alone and not doing harmful things.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
I just wanted to add that I don't do daily conditioner washes anymore, they dried my hair too much and I didn't see ANY length from the month I tried it. My hair was crispy and dry like the Sahara. So I'm back to washing twice a week. The only difference is that I only wash with shampoo about every 2 weeks or when I feel I need it. Other than that only with conditioner.
I wear my hair up almost every day - that pays off, for sure.

Yesterday my hair was down and I grabbed it from behind and really felt how close I am to waist length now! Wow! I can hardly believe it! When I'm back from my vacation I'll start a hair journal with pictures so you guys can see.

MizAvalon

There seems to be some discrepancy as to where waist length is exactly, so I'm not sure how close I am to it. But I am past bra-strap.

SherryLove

I really do not know since everyone has a different opinion on what waist length is... i can just say with certainty that my hair measured in at 30 inches last night... /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif

keke

aagh. im not even close to bra strap yet. You long haired hussies tie up your hair till i get there. LMBO. Congrats on those of you who are almost there though.

pookeylou

Very interesting thread...had to shoutout Flowerhair's hair. I've been stalking it. I would eat some fear factor mess to get that hair.

Question for the natural heads...

Do you consider your hair at waist length when it is stretched or in its natural/kinky/coily/curly/nappy state?

That would be my dream...my kinky, coily hair down to my waist...so that when it is stretched...IT WILL BE DOWN TO THE FLOOR!!!! Hey! I can dream cant I?!