FINALLY 4 INCHES TO WAIST LENGTH

Nanyanika

I'm currently 4 inches above waist, anyone else in the same boat, call it over ambitious however, i'm hoping to reach this goal by beginning of sept. what are you doing to ensure that you reach waist length this year? i'll start first, i'm using my growth Aid, keeping up with cornrows technique, co washing up to 3 times weekly, taking my iron, and moisturising up to 3 times daily.

aprilj

Congrats den1! That 4inches is gonna sneak up on you in no time :yep:. I'm hoping to get there by the end of the year. I had a major set back due to braids but I'm slowly gaining progress. Currently, I'm staying on top of the moisturizing game (with MT) and taking my Biotin and Flaxseed oil. BTW...PM me...I'd like to know when you'll start stocking the Shikakai Butter Treat. I can't wait to try it...it sounds yummy. :yep:

Last edited:

Nanyanika

Congrats den1! That 4inches is gonna sneak up on you in no time :yep:. I'm hoping to get there by the end of the year. I had a major set back due to braids but I'm slowly gaining progress. Currently, I'm staying on top of the moisturizing game (with MT) and taking my Biotin and Flaxseed oil. BTW...PM me...I'd like to know when you'll start stocking the Shikakai Butter Treat. I can't wait to try it...it sounds yummy. :yep:

What happened with the braids, did it cause your hair to tangle? sorry about your set back, just keep your hair moisturised. The flaxseed oil is great I acheived good growth with it. i'll send you a PM when the Shikakai butter treat is available.

aprilj

What happened with the braids, did it cause your hair to tangle? sorry about your set back, just keep your hair moisturised. The flaxseed oil is great I acheived good growth with it. i'll send you a PM when the Shikakai butter treat is available.

The lady who did them sealed the braided ends with superglue. She didn't braid down far enough and parts of my hair (3inches in some parts) were glued. I was livid :wallbash:. No more BSL. This was a friend of the family and I trusted her because I've seen her work before. Depression turned to anger...then to determination. I'm still struggling with the back (middle) area of my hair which is about 1 1/2 inches from BSL. The sides are already there. I've trimmed once to even things out but the sides seem to be growing at a faster rate. I've decided not to trim anymore until the problem area reaches BSL. It's been 8mos now and it has been quite a journey. I will definitely be looking out for that PM. :grin:

memee1978

i cut my hair yesterday...i though i cut it to bra strap but my sisters said its mid back length now.im going to have to change my new folder in my fotki album.i say by december i should be wasit length again.actually i was almost hip length.dam........i just had a nervious breakdown yesterday cutiing off my hair cause i was depresed.:nono:

Caramela

I'm about 4 inches from WL as well. Realistically speaking, I should be there by the end of December.

prospurr4

I'm currently 4 inches above waist, anyone else in the same boat, call it over ambitious however, i'm hoping to reach this goal by beginning of sept. what are you doing to ensure that you reach waist length this year? i'll start first, i'm using my growth Aid, keeping up with cornrows technique, co washing up to 3 times weekly, taking my iron, and moisturising up to 3 times daily.

I'm currently just past full BSL, about 3 inches from waist; I'm giving myself until Christmas to reach full waistlength. To make sure this happens, I won't trim again until I reach that goal. Otherwise, I will just continue my current regimen.

Your hair seems to grow fast, so I hope you make it my September.

Fine 4s

Your hair seems to grow fast, so I hope you make it my September.[/quote]

You ain't lying! Just the other day I remember her saying she cut it or trimmed it or something....jeesh ladies slow down so I can catch up!

I'm BSL now, I'm expecting a trim in the next month or so but shootting for somewhere between BSL and MBL by Dec 08 isn't that like 3 inches? See what not tracking ur progress will do?

Fine 4s

I'm currently just past full BSL, about 3 inches from waist; I'm giving myself until Christmas to reach full waistlength. To make sure this happens, I won't trim again until I reach that goal. Otherwise, I will just continue my current regimen.

I just measured 3 inches from the top of my bra strap (im currently fully past as well) in case my trim is deep and i'm nowhere near WSL!!!
Isn't WL where the curve is (hour glass)?

Nanyanika

Good luck, i'm sure you'll each there! i know my time frame may seem unrealistic, i have faith that i can get an 1 inch per month, i've done it before and i believe i can do it again. I also won't be trimming until sept.

prospurr4

I just measured 3 inches from the top of my bra strap (im currently fully past as well) in case my trim is deep and i'm nowhere near WSL!!!
Isn't WL where the curve is (hour glass)?

Yes, natural WL is the smallest part of the core, usually just above the navel.

prospurr4

Good luck, i'm sure you'll each there! i know my time frame may seem unrealistic, i have faith that i can get an 1 inch per month, i've done it before and i believe i can do it again. I also won't be trimming until sept.

Thanks, den!

Lucky's Mom

The lady who did them sealed the braided ends with superglue. She didn't braid down far enough and parts of my hair (3inches in some parts) were glued. I was livid :wallbash:. No more BSL. This was a friend of the family and I trusted her because I've seen her work before. Depression turned to anger...then to determination. I'm still struggling with the back (middle) area of my hair which is about 1 1/2 inches from BSL. The sides are already there. I've trimmed once to even things out but the sides seem to be growing at a faster rate. I've decided not to trim anymore until the problem area reaches BSL. It's been 8mos now and it has been quite a journey. I will definitely be looking out for that PM. :grin:

this makes me SOOOO Afraid of Braiders. I have one person that I trust - But - I have decided that this summer- I have to take the time to do my own hair.

I am afraid of the jealousy and unreliablity of Braiders.....:nono:

Nanyanika

OMG i can't believe how someone could make a mistake like that, its very unprofessional and upsetting for you of course. i'm glad your hair is on its way to recovery.

Nanyanika

Why did you chop your hair, i thought you wanted tailbone length?

i cut my hair yesterday...i though i cut it to bra strap but my sisters said its mid back length now.im going to have to change my new folder in my fotki album.i say by december i should be wasit length again.actually i was almost hip length.dam........i just had a nervious breakdown yesterday cutiing off my hair cause i was depresed.:nono:

Nanyanika

lol, i trimmed my ends in December, they were a lil rough. As soon as i accomplish my goal, my journey as offically ended. I will be in maintenance mode

You ain't lying! Just the other day I remember her saying she cut it or trimmed it or something....jeesh ladies slow down so I can catch up!

I'm BSL now, I'm expecting a trim in the next month or so but shootting for somewhere between BSL and MBL by Dec 08 isn't that like 3 inches? See what not tracking ur progress will do?[/QUOTE]

Lioness

Congrats Den! 4" to WL???? Wooohooo!!!!! You'll be there verrry soon. It's very possible to get 1" per month (and more) and retain all of the length :yep:

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
GOOD JOB DEN :dance7:

As of my last relaxer, I was 5 inches away. I'm about 6-7 weeks post and I have more than an inch in most areas of NG :yep: :clap:. I have decided to keep my hair braided up until the reveal and I'm using Mega Tek:grin:

Last edited:

Nanyanika

thanks, i currently get an inch or more per month, so i def know its possible, i won't be doing any trimming, my ends are in great condition the cornrows keeps them very well protected.

Congrats Den! 4" to WL???? Wooohooo!!!!! You'll be there verrry soon. It's very possible to get 1" per month (and more) and retain all of the length :yep:

Nanyanika

congrats, girl i'm doing the braid thing too

GOOD JOB DEN :dance7:

As of my last relaxer, I was 5 inches away. I'm about 6-7 weeks post and I have more than an inch in most areas of NG :yep: :clap:. I have decided to keep my hair braided up until the reveal and I'm using Mega Tek:grin: