Clueless: I Need Help With Healthy Hair Growth And Regimen???

bluediamond0829

I am excited because i went to a salon to get a wash, treatment and rollerset yesterday i truly loved it...the salon was very professional,clean, and i really liked that everyone that came in had hair from below the end of the ears to past their shoulders..and they had alot of clientele...and they were inexpensive(they even served breakfast for no charge)..i only paid 25.00 for all of that...the stylist were Haitian which was another plus because ive heard great things about Haitians doing hair..what turned me on to this salon is i saw my friends hair and the both of us grew out short hair cuts..but she now has hair to her shoulders that looks so good and so much like a weave(because its nice and silky)...what i need to know is i want to go to them every two weeks and get a treatment done...the treatment they used on my hair is the Olive oil cholestrol treatment i saw the jar...but they also have other treatments(like hot oil, Affirm Reconstructor, etc.)..but on those weeks that i dont go would it be okay for me to wash and do my own treatments at home? I dont want to overdo it...but i want my hair to be very healthy and beautiful....i have the Motions CPR conditioner...Or would it be good i go and also get the Olive Oil Cholestrol Treatment they used...would this be okay to use...i just need someones advice on this matter...and a good regimen that i can do with my hair to make it beautiful and healthy...

SexySin985

Hey Blue. What is the name of this salon????? I am happy you had a good experience. Please do tell the name of the salon because I live in Ft.. Lauderdale also :) It's nice to see someone who is in the same area as me!

bluediamond0829

SexySin985 said:
Hey Blue. What is the name of this salon????? I am happy you had a good experience. Please do tell the name of the salon because I live in Ft.. Lauderdale also :) It's nice to see someone who is in the same area as me!

No problem i really loved this salon...and they are very reasonable...relaxers are not expensive either...i think for the professional relaxers they are like 40.00(Mizani and Affirm)..the rest are like 25.00 and 20.00(softnbeautiful, pcj...etc) Jenny's Hair Salon 13130 West Dixie Hwy, North Miami, FL 33161 they take walk ins and appointments...305-981-1772...and the prices are totally reasonable...for a wash and set is $15, wash and treatment is $20, wash, treatment and wrap is 25.00(this is what i got)....i just walked in with my friend with no appointment..they are really quick on their feet..no gossip like some salons..which i dont mind...but they dont be playing...and my friend said that they are busy during the weekend so its best to go during the week..the only day that they are closed is on Tuesdays....

bluediamond0829

please help...

okay heres what im thinking about doing, i like to keep it simple and easy:

Every Two Weeks:
I will go to the salon and let them do the wash, treatment(olive oil cholosterol treatment, and set)

One Week:
Wash-shampoo VO5
Deep Conditioner- Motions CPR sit under dryer with plastic cap for 10 to 15 minutes.
Leave In conditioner- Surge, Infusium and Scurl(mixed) spray
Moisturizer- Elasta QP Mango Butter and Olive Oil Therapy

One Week:
Wash- Shampoo VO5
Deep conditioner- ORS Olive Oil Replenshing Pak sit under dryer with plastic cap for 10 to 15 minutes.
Leave in Conditioner-Surge Infusim, S-curl(mixed) spray
Moisturizer: Elasta QP Mango Butter and Olive Oil Therapy

so how does it sound...is there any suggestions or modifications i need to make???

MomofThreeBoys

I would suggest using a moisturizing conditioner after the CPR like NTM Hair Mask or Kenra MC for at least 30 minutes. Its a good idea to follow up a protein conditioner with a moisturizing one.

You might also want to consider adding a clarifying poo every four to six weeks to combat buildup.

bluediamond0829

thanks for the advice.....
what is NTM hair mask????
so okay let me get this straight so i should shampoo, then do the deep condition for 10-15 minutes for the CPR and then put another conditioner on of the NTM hair mask which is a moisturizing conditioner, and then rinse and use the leave in conditioner....????

MomofThreeBoys

bluediamond0829 said:
thanks for the advice.....
what is NTM hair mask????
so okay let me get this straight so i should shampoo, then do the deep condition for 10-15 minutes for the CPR and then put another conditioner on of the NTM hair mask which is a moisturizing conditioner, and then rinse and use the leave in conditioner....????

NTM Hair Mask is Neutrogena Triple Moisture Hair Mask. It is a deep conditioner. But you can use any deep conditioner following your protein conditioner. I was just using the NTM as an example.

Shampoo
Protein Conditioner (10-15 min)
Moisturizing Conditioner (30 - 45 min)
Leave-In Conditioner

bluediamond0829

oh okay i was just seeing people breaking it down and typing NTM and always wondered what it was thanks....okay i will try that then....

CarLiTa

OMG Jenny's Hair salon!!! LoL my sister's right over there RIGHT NOW, because she's going out to this award ceremony tomorrow and she's going to get her hair done. It's really not far from my house, but I haven't gone there yet although my sister has. I went to this Dominican salon in March TWO days after my relaxer and the heat was just UNBEARABLE!!! From then on, I wrote on my regimen: Go to Jenny's Hair Salon ONLY! Because they don't do the excessive blow-drying. I will only go to Dominicans when I have lots of NG and need it blow-dried; otherwise, Jenny's is where I'll go.
I'm glad you like it, because that's where I'll be going when I get my relaxer and my hair is smooth enough to get rollersets... right now the NG is too crazy. You know they also have week specials: $10 for a wash-n-set, but I don't know if that includes a treatment.
There's this other place on 84th NE 2nd Ave, it's small and not so cute, but they have Monday-Wednesday $10 wash-treatment-set and they do their treatment with hot oil; I went there once. I just wasn't really feeling the inside of it... anyway, Jenny's is good :grin:

bluediamond0829

CarLiTa said:
OMG Jenny's Hair salon!!! LoL my sister's right over there RIGHT NOW, because she's going out to this award ceremony tomorrow and she's going to get her hair done. It's really not far from my house, but I haven't gone there yet although my sister has. I went to this Dominican salon in March TWO days after my relaxer and the heat was just UNBEARABLE!!! From then on, I wrote on my regimen: Go to Jenny's Hair Salon ONLY! Because they don't do the excessive blow-drying. I will only go to Dominicans when I have lots of NG and need it blow-dried; otherwise, Jenny's is where I'll go.
I'm glad you like it, because that's where I'll be going when I get my relaxer and my hair is smooth enough to get rollersets... right now the NG is too crazy. You know they also have week specials: $10 for a wash-n-set, but I don't know if that includes a treatment.
There's this other place on 84th NE 2nd Ave, it's small and not so cute, but they have Monday-Wednesday $10 wash-treatment-set and they do their treatment with hot oil; I went there once. I just wasn't really feeling the inside of it... anyway, Jenny's is good :grin:

Yeah my friend told me about it and showed me where she went..and im telling you its not expensive at all and very nice in the inside and professional...from what i saw...they have the hot oil treatments and then the Affrim treatment(which is a little more)...i left the price list at home...and the relaxers are not expensive either...i mean they do do box relaxers which are like $20 and then the more professional are $40(Affirm, Mizani)....nah i think im going to stick with going to them...they seem really nice...and she said my hair was damaged so i need to come to do treatments every two weeks...so i'll be up in there probably early sunday mornings ...and during the weeks that i dont go there im going to do my own i have the ORS olive oil replenshing treatment and the Motions CPR(10-15 minutes) and then followed by a moistruizing conditioner(i think for 30 minutes)....that i will do on those weeks that i dont go to them.i know its far for me because im near downtown fort lauderdale...but i dont care anything to get my hair to being healthy and strong...

ellennicole

bluediamond0829 said:
please help...

okay heres what im thinking about doing, i like to keep it simple and easy:

Every Two Weeks:
I will go to the salon and let them do the wash, treatment(olive oil cholosterol treatment, and set)

One Week:
Wash-shampoo VO5
Deep Conditioner- Motions CPR sit under dryer with plastic cap for 10 to 15 minutes.
Leave In conditioner- Surge, Infusium and Scurl(mixed) spray
Moisturizer- Elasta QP Mango Butter and Olive Oil Therapy

One Week:
Wash- Shampoo VO5
Deep conditioner- ORS Olive Oil Replenshing Pak sit under dryer with plastic cap for 10 to 15 minutes.
Leave in Conditioner-Surge Infusim, S-curl(mixed) spray
Moisturizer: Elasta QP Mango Butter and Olive Oil Therapy

so how does it sound...is there any suggestions or modifications i need to make???

I think that you have a good start. HOw do you plan on wearing your hair on the weeks you don't go to the salon. I totally agree with the poster who suggested adding a good moisturizing conditioner to your routine. In fact, I say it's a must to do a moisturizing conditioner after a protien treatment. I would suggest a pre-shampoo hotoil treatment try Hot Six or Wonder 8, or a mixture of your own favorites.

bluediamond0829

thanks for the advice i picked up the Dark & Lovely mosisturizing conditioner and some packets of the ORS olive oil replenshing packets...im sorry but what and how do you do a "pre-shampoo hotoil treatment try Hot Six or Wonder 8" thats before i shampoo with my regular shampoo right??? im clueless i just joined the board not to long ago and just catching up with some of the lingo....i have an olive oil therapy treatment already but how would go about doing it???? well right now because the way i have short areas i just wear it down in a bob...i was thinking about getting the snap in weave hair...and i dont think my hair has enough of length to wear it in a chigon..or bun...any suggestions...i dont want to damage it from the styles either...because i know too much pull can be damaging....

FashionistaNY

I go to the Dominicans

1st Wash of Week
Wash - Elucence Shampoo diluted (1x)
Condition - ORS Hair Mayo (15 minutes)
Roller Set - Arosci Leave In
Wrap

2nd Wash of Week
Wash - Elucence Shampoo diluted (1x)
Condition - Mizani Moisturfuse (15 minutes)
Roller Set - Arosci Leave In
Wrap

Night Regime
Surge leave in
1 Poland Spring bottled water (0.5 Liter)
3 GNC Amino Acid Complex
1 GNC L-Cysteine (500mg)

Morning Regime
Surge Leave in
2 Poland Spring bottled water (0.5 Liter)
3 Country Life Biotin (1000mcg)
3 Vitamin shoppe B-Complex Stress Formula Vitamin

ellennicole

Did you check out the beginners board? I have been a member since 2003 and I've learned that it's an ongoing process. I looked at what some of the women did and got ideas. Basically it's hit or miss until you find out what works best for your hair. My hair was chin length when I started. I'm now about 1-2 inches from brastrap. I wear my hair in a bun or fake ponytail (which you can do at your length). The condition washes, sealing ends, and S-curl activator have been WONDERUL for health and length.

When I do a hotoil treatment, I get my favoite oils (Castor, Olive, or Hot Six) heat it in warm water. I pour the oil in a bowl. I then dip my ends in the oil. I then work my way throughout the rest of my hair. Cover with a plastic cap. Sometimes I sit under a heated bonnet, sometimes I don't, depends on how I feel. Then I rinse and do my shampoo. I only use shampoo ONCE a week. Also, you don't need to do a protein treatment every week. If you do, I would suggest using GPB protein conditiner b/c it's both a protein and a moisturizing conditioner. But like I said, it's about your hair and what works best for you. The real key to hair health is not the product, but in how we take care of our hair. :)

Good luck!!