Coarse hair, hard water and baking soda shampoo?

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Hi ladies, I was going through loveya4ever's fotki :drool: and I see that she uses baking soda to cleanse her hair. I'm wondering if this would work for me because 1. I have hard water and 2. have coarse hair. I normally use a mild chelating shampoo every wash to ward of mineral build up.

So my question to you is are you coarse haired, have hard water and had sucess with baking soda as shampoo?

Even if you don't fit the description, any input is welcome :yep:

TIA :)

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
I use baking soda, but you have to be very careful not to use to much or you will have problems. For me, I use 1/2 teaspoon to 24oz of water. Anything more then that, dries my hair out big time, by the way I am 4a/4b. And I only do BS every 3wks.

melissa-bee

I'm transistioning, i'm a 4a/b but i wouldn't say my hair is coarse I put a couple dessert spoons in a medium bottle of warm water. I also bed tea tree and peppermint oil. There is a big thread in the natural living forum about it. That's the one that finally got me to do it. I've been doing it for about 3 months and haven't used shampoo since.

Hi ladies, I was going through loveya4ever's fotki :drool: and I see that she uses baking soda to cleanse her hair. I'm wondering if this would work for me because 1. I have hard water and 2. have coarse hair. I normally use a mild chelating shampoo every wash to ward of mineral build up.

So my question to you is are you coarse haired, have hard water and had sucess with baking soda as shampoo?

Even if you don't fit the description, any input is welcome :yep:

TIA :)

How do you use baking soda as a shampoo? you just mix with water? and rinse your hair? does it clean properly?

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
How do you use baking soda as a shampoo? you just mix with water? and rinse your hair? does it clean properly?

I see that people dissolve it water, pour it on the hair and let it sit for a while and then rinse it out. Some use it to clarify as well. Does it really do that? Does it cleanse hair of heavy stuff like butters?

melissa-bee

Yeah it does clarify very well. It will get rid of butters. It will slide right off. I Massage my scalp when it's in...of course it does not lather but it helps the cleaning process.

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Melissa is right, it does clean your hair and scalp well. But like I said before just be extremely careful with the ratio.