Come on, let's talk about whateva

Nice & Wavy

:lachen::lachen::lachen:@ 'kneel on rice'.....:lachen: Mocha, you are not right...:lachen:Then she''ll have tiny 'craters' on her knees....'rice indents.' Walking around looking all Holey with Holey knee caps. :lachen:

It's better to place the rice under her mattress, then it will keep rolling off of the box spring. One bump on the floor and it's legal....she fell! :rolleyes:

Lemme tell you sumpin'...my mother pulled a switch on me until I left home 'married' and thought nothing of it. (Ummm, I married young though.) :lachen: And let somebody tell her not to beat me...humph, they'd get the switch too and then again for not minding their own business. :yep: The police came to my mother for protection;:lachen: she didn't play. :lol:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::lachen:

shalom

In times like those I use to pray that God would soften the teacher's heart so he/she would show favor on me.:look:

Wow! I ain't gon lie...I'm impressed. Ya just don't come across too many men like this. How old is he?

He's 20. He told me yesterday when I got home from work that he prayed all night long every time he thought about her then when he finally woke up all thoughts of her were gone.

klb120475

He's 20. He told me yesterday when I got home from work that he prayed all night long every time he thought about her then when he finally woke up all thoughts of her were gone.

Wow! That's awesome! Tell him KLB said she's really proud of him!:grin:

shalom

Don't listen to Shalom, girl. She'll have ACS/DCFS/Somebody with an "S" at your door. NO noticeable marks! :lachen::lachen:

That is funny, I'mma have to try the rice I have a 16 year old daughter.

Mocha5, she has to do it like my Momma use to and put a glove on or tie a rag around her hand (not sure where she got that from, she said the police) that way the licks won't leave any visable marks.

shalom

:lachen::lachen::lachen:@ 'kneel on rice'.....:lachen: Mocha, you are not right...:lachen:Then she''ll have tiny 'craters' on her knees....'rice indents.' Walking around looking all Holey with Holey knee caps. :lachen:

It's better to place the rice under her mattress, then it will keep rolling off of the box spring. One bump on the floor and it's legal....she fell! :rolleyes:

Lemme tell you sumpin'...my mother pulled a switch on me until I left home 'married' and thought nothing of it. (Ummm, I married young though.) :lachen: And let somebody tell her not to beat me...humph, they'd get the switch too and then again for not minding their own business. :yep: The police came to my mother for protection;:lachen: she didn't play. :lol:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:Thank yall for the laughs, I needed this morning.

Mocha5

I hate I couldn't log back on last night. Lord knows I needed this laugh.

Awww, Honey. God is greater than any of our problems (I have to remind myself daily). He is in the midst of your situation. And you're gonna wake up one day and she's going to be a God-fearing, beautiful young lady all because of your prayers. Just keep praying. Don't give up on her.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Awww, Honey. God is greater than any of our problems (I have to remind myself daily). He is in the midst of your situation. And you're gonna wake up one day and she's going to be a God-fearing, beautiful young lady all because of your prayers. Just keep praying. Don't give up on her.
God didn't give up on me. And I didn't even have a car. :nono:

But I had a horse :cowgirl: :lachen::lachen::lachen:

mrselle

Thank you, Mocha. Your words are confirmation. God dealt with me all night and has been dealing with me most of today. It’s so very hard for me to move on from this because it is not the first time. A part of me wants to move on from it and another part of me doesn’t want to be a fool again. It goes far beyond taking the car without permission and missing curfew. It’s about trust and respect. I cannot trust her and she obviously does not respect me. Today I was driving into work and I turned to radio to Oprah’s channel. Robin Smith’s show was on called “Permission Slip”. As soon as I turned it to that station she said, “So, be an adult. Be a tender and mature adult and step up to the plate and be the kind of stepparent you want to be.” I’m trying. I just have to take it one step at a time.

Mocha5

Thank you, Mocha. Your words are confirmation. God dealt with me all night and has been dealing with me most of today. It’s so very hard for me to move on from this because it is not the first time. A part of me wants to move on from it and another part of me doesn’t want to be a fool again. It goes far beyond taking the car without permission and missing curfew. It’s about trust and respect. I cannot trust her and she obviously does not respect me. Today I was driving into work and I turned to radio to Oprah’s channel. Robin Smith’s show was on called “Permission Slip”. As soon as I turned it to that station she said, “So, be an adult. Be a tender and mature adult and step up to the plate and be the kind of stepparent you want to be.” I’m trying. I just have to take it one step at a time.

Well there you have it! :grin: Besides you already know it in your heart of hearts. Don't worry about being a fool. God likes to use us fools to accomplish His work. Try not to get caught up in how she feels about you. What is important is how you feel about her. And if she feels that you love and care about her (in spite of her not being your biological child, in spite of her flaws) her heart will begin to soften. And when it's all over and done with she will say, "Wow! You never gave up on me." And of course God will get all the glory. What a testimony both of you will have. Girl, if God had given up on me, I'd be 7 feet under right now. Glory to His name. Hallelujah! Alright taking my butt outta here cause I'm about to start shoutin'!!!:lachen:

klb120475

Don't know what's going on with me today...but I'm really missing my friend Mocha:cry3: (eventho she be gettin us in trouble:rolleyes:)

lawyer2be371

Well Ladies and Gents (if there are any posting),
I have decided to quit my second job....
You know I been praying about it and praying about it, and I'm just going to trust God to provide.
I should, if its the Lord's will recieve my tax refund this Friday. I plan to take that and pay my mortgage up into May...
And hopefully by then my daycare will be up and running.
But as I sat in my bedroom going over my daugther many missed assignments. I just realized that the sacrifice that I'm making is just to great. I work with delinquent youths ages 12-17.
And I realize that if I dont quit my job now, and tend to my daugther that she will be one of these youths that I'm working with.

Aside note*
Last couple of weeks have been physically draining, with my job and all. Along with the ceiling in my den falling down. But in the midst of all my stress, I knew that it was impossible for me to be working my hours and get a good night sleep.

But God was with me guiding my rest, because I tell you the three hours of sleep that I was averaging. He took them and stretched them that it felt like I had gotten 8 hours. So I thanked him for that!

klb120475

Well Ladies and Gents (if there are any posting),
I have decided to quit my second job....
You know I been praying about it and praying about it, and I'm just going to trust God to provide.
I should, if its the Lord's will recieve my tax refund this Friday. I plan to take that and pay my mortgage up into May...
And hopefully by then my daycare will be up and running.
But as I sat in my bedroom going over my daugther many missed assignments. I just realized that the sacrifice that I'm making is just to great. I work with delinquent youths ages 12-17.
And I realize that if I dont quit my job now, and tend to my daugther that she will be one of these youths that I'm working with.

Aside note*
Last couple of weeks have been physically draining, with my job and all. Along with the ceiling in my den falling down. But in the midst of all my stress, I knew that it was impossible for me to be working my hours and get a good night sleep.

But God was with me guiding my rest, because I tell you the three hours of sleep that I was averaging. He took them and stretched them that it felt like I had gotten 8 hours. So I thanked him for that!

I'm praying for you Lawyer.:kiss:

Mocha5

I'm here. Gonna let your comment slide, KLB in light of your schedule tomorrow. My Master and His angels will be stuck with you for a few hours so in reverence to Him, I'm gonna hold my tongue.

Last night was a rough one for me...one of those cry yourself to sleep nights. My eyes were swollen this morning and I looked a wreck. If it were not for my savior, I would have crawled back into bed. It's funny how when you belong to Him, when you're sealed with His mark, He won't let you die. He won't let me die, yall. :cry:So I'm digging my heels in deeper. I'm staying right side up. Funny thing about quicksand. It's not really your own strength that saves you. And thank God because I'm tired of fighting.

Sunday my pastor said, "Don't think that God can use you if you haven't been through something." And I'm thinking to myself, I don't know if there will be anything left for Him to use. :lachen: It's pretty cloudy over here. Sure chance of rain. And the lightning is likely to strike twice. :lachen:

Ok, why am I laughing? I get sooo silly when yall are around. A sista can't even cry in peace. :rolleyes:

Jenaee

Hey everyone,

Keep me in prayer please...I dont know whats come over me lately. I've been snapping at people and had a major blow up with the minister of music at my church in front of the choir. While I meant what I said, I know it should have never come out the way it did. I have since apologized to him. I am so embarassed over my actions now. People have now labled me a "trouble maker" which normally I'm not :nono: Please just keep me in prayer.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Hey everyone,

Keep me in prayer please...I dont know whats come over me lately. I've been snapping at people and had a major blow up with the minister of music at my church in front of the choir. While I meant what I said, I know it should have never come out the way it did. I have since apologized to him. I am so embarassed over my actions now. People have now labled me a "trouble maker" which normally I'm not :nono: Please just keep me in prayer.
:bighug: You have all the heart and prayers of those who love you surrounding you in loving prayers...:pray: :love3: :circle: a circle of love surrounds you inside and out.

And Janaee...you're not a trouble maker...:nono: Maybe a little tired, overwelmed, being pulled in too many directions at the moment. But a trouble maker....Noooo, :nono: If anything, trouble is afraid of you. For it's unable to withstand the light and the love of God that reflects from your heart so brightly.

No, angel. You're NOT a trouble maker at all. Instead you are 'Love and Light'. :grouphug2: