I'm BORED... let's talk HAIR

I am burning up under this dryer right now:(

20 more minutes than a break to moisturize, wrap and back under the dryer for the saran wrap *sigh*

I just finished eating 2 slices of pepperoni pizza :lick: and I'm debating on just doing a pre-poo DCner wash, or the whole nine which I don't feel like doing right now. I know for sure I'm doing a flexi rod set.

UMBlessedBeauty_1 said:

20 more minutes than a break to moisturize, wrap and back under the dryer for the saran wrap *sigh*

I forgot all about trying the saran wrap...

UMBlessedBeauty_1 said:

Don't forget pics... no fair if just the ATL ladies see the fruits of your labor

MsDee4 said:
Don't forget pics... no fair if just the ATL ladies see the fruits of your labor

Umm I don't think anyone will be seeing the fruits of this :lol: It looked nice when I took the rollers out but when I started brushing to wrap I noticed a section in the back was still damp *sigh* I sat under the dryer for like 80 min way longer than when I went to the shop and got it done. I'm back under there with the saran wrap and Lord was it hard getting my hair wrapped. I'm going to stay under here until like 7:15 (instead of 20 I'm doing an hour lol cuz I'm scared). If all else fails I'll just conditioner wash and rock my natural hair.

trimbride said:
Random....but people think I am natural because I am texlaxed:look:

I am using emu oil, aloe vera juice/gel & essential oils to massage my scalp in the crown area. It has really helped and I can't wait to have a long healthy head of hair:)

Me too! It's making me think maybe I just need to make the transition!

UMBlessedBeauty_1 said:
Umm I don't think anyone will be seeing the fruits of this :lol: It looked nice when I took the rollers out but when I started brushing to wrap I noticed a section in the back was still damp *sigh* I sat under the dryer for like 80 min way longer than when I went to the shop and got it done. I'm back under there with the saran wrap and Lord was it hard getting my hair wrapped. I'm going to stay under here until like 7:15 (instead of 20 I'm doing an hour lol cuz I'm scared). If all else fails I'll just conditioner wash and rock my natural hair.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! sitting under there too long can cause your hair to become "wet" from the saran wrap

UMBlessedBeauty_1 said:

Did you roller set or are you just deep conditioning? I just visited your fotki and your hair is looking lovely:) !

MsDee4 said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! sitting under there too long can cause your hair to become "wet" from the saran wrap

Oh thanks guess I'll just hope for the best in the next 10 minutes lol

I tried that saran wrap and all I did was sweat under that dryer and my hair was damp...I was HOT! No pun intended.

Everything isn't for everybody, huh?! I just use my silk scarf and I get the same look.

InnerSoul said:
I just went to the restroom(TMI:lachen: )I am here at work.... but I was looking in the mirror and noticed my hair swelled out:lachen: :lachen: it's amazing when i am stretching my relaxers out how my hair swells!

Too funny.......mine too.

I "was" trying to transition....but after flat-ironing my hair yesterday and it puffing up today.....no thanks. I sweat too much and it's "Hot" here.

I guess my August 1st touch up is still on. I'm going to condition wash it later and go. :ohwell:

*sigh* Time to find out... well at least it's still early and I can either wash again and do another roller set OR maxiglide and pin curl or turn this into a braidout. *sigh* So scared be back in like 5 minutes...:confused: :confused: :(

:( :( :( :(

Very very bad... I would done better resetting the back and sitting under the dryer again the saran wrap didn't help probably because a section of my hair wasn't fully dry.

Back to the drawing board. I need a hairstyle for this weekend. I'm going to the Beyonce concert tomorrow night and the LHCF meeting on Saturday

Where yall go?!!!

I'm so bored that I've updated my myspace layout lol. Guess I should go ahead and do some homework since I can't procrastinate in off topic right now.

I'm POd I can't find my camera... I was gonna flatiron but NOT if I can't take pics of my result since I hardly ever use heat :mad:

Serenity_Peace said:
Awwww, MsDee4! :kiss: It'll get better, I promise.

Well, I have mixed feelings about my hair today. Last night I washed and conditioned, airdry. At first I became discouraged because I thought my hair looked so thin and lifeless. But as it dried, it thickened up and I felt better. This morning I awoke to shiny hair that looked healthy and full. I used Caruso rollers, finger combed, then went to work.

So a co-worked stopped me in the hall this morning and told me that my hair looked THICK and long!! :yay::yay:

Then, the Big Wig complimented me on my hair and said that it looked healthy and shiny! :yay::yay:

So though I feel that I haven't made all that much progress, it's because I see my hair everyday. I also very seldom wear my hair down, and it wasn't in its trademark donut bun. So I guess I feel better. Trying to be patient...

I hope you have a better day, sweetie! :hugz:

I am so happy for you! :yay: I Know you hair is thicker and fuller, I was just wating for you to see it too:kiss:

My cousin started braiding (individuals) my hair last night. I got sleepy around 3:30am and just told her to finish today after work.:look:

UMBlessedBeauty_1 said:
:( :( :( :(

Very very bad... I would done better resetting the back and sitting under the dryer again the saran wrap didn't help probably because a section of my hair wasn't fully dry.

Back to the drawing board. I need a hairstyle for this weekend. I'm going to the Beyonce concert tomorrow night and the LHCF meeting on Saturday

You should definitely wear your hair in some type of natural style. With all the people dancing at that concert, you are bound to sweat out your hair if you wear it straight anyway.

OT: Any of you ladies live in Chicago? My bff and I are going there this weekend to see the Color Purple Sunday. We're looking for some nice spots to hang out at Saturday night.

I was really looking forward to doing a thread on this in the OT forum today....:cry3:

cocoberry10 said:
You should definitely wear your hair in some type of natural style. With all the people dancing at that concert, you are bound to sweat out your hair if you wear it straight anyway.

Yeah I decided to wear it natural with a banana clip although when my hair is straight with no curls it tends to hold up well as long as actual water doesn't hit it lol.

Anxiously awaiting my package from discount-beauty.com :perplexed

Them heffas obviously don't know what a UPS tracking number is b/c they won't email it to me. I think I've called them everyday this week asking for it.

Can't wait to wash my hair when I leave work today. I waited 5 whole days!!! :eek:

ready to take this weave out so that I can play in my hair - wash DC and the like, but i'm unsure of what to do after that.

Can some one please answer this question, is there any picture of the vairous hair types so that I can determine my hair type?

I'm rocking the cutest half wig that's curly w/ highlights! Imma need people to stop asking WHO DOES YOUR HAIR??? :lol:

Underneath, I am not as diligent as I normally am about keeping my hair very moisturized. I really need to step up my game :look:

UMBlessedBeauty_1 said:
Yeah I decided to wear it natural with a banana clip although when my hair is straight with no curls it tends to hold up well as long as actual water doesn't hit it lol.

Oh, that's good!

Just pulled my bottle of Jamaican black castor oil out the bathroom closet and oiled my scalp with it. Hopefully it will soften up my new growth a bit... please :lol:.

Oh, yesterday I used the new Emergencee, it looks like Nexxus revamped it a bit. It's def. lighter in color and thicker in texture than the old Emergencee... so far, I like it and my hair is sensitive to protein. After rinsing it out, I gave it a quick poo, and then followed up with Kenra MC and Nacidit coconut... I was in hair heaven. The combo of the protein followed by the moisturizing conditioner felt great. Upon rinsing my strands felt smooth and strong and supple/moist. This new Emergencee will def. be in rotation to be used once a month :up: .

Back