Conditioner washes not for my hair

alireno

This is day 2 of trying conditioner washes. I've come to the conclusion that without using shampoo, my hair must feel that it is missing something. Without shampoo my hair does not look as good as it does with shampoo. Even after letting the conditioner sit for a bit when doing the conditioner wash, my shower comb did not glide through my hair like it does when using shampoo and conditioner. I think I will wash my hair with shampoo on some days and just rinse my hair on others. I may try conditioner washes again later on, but no time soon. My hair might turn against me!

sweetcocoa

I can only do them every other day. I rinse in between and shampoo 1-2 times a week. I think alot has to do with the conditioner and you have to find the right one. When I tried it with Sauve Cococnut Creme my hair was hard and tangled...
When I use Elucence or Herbal Essence Conditioning Balm is feels pretty good...I prefer the Elucence more though. I've been mixing them together. But on the 2nd day it's no go...
I'm gonna try a conditioner that was suggetested by another poster ...Alberto V05 Kiwi and Lime Clarifying Conditioner and see how that goes. It was pretty cheap...less than $2.

fancypants007

I agree with you. I wanted to step up my regime for the summer by doing condition washes and rinsing daily. Well i did my first condition wash last thursday and the next day when i took my hair down it was so dry. I used herbal essence fruit fusion hydrating conditioner by clairol. I think my hair does not like it either. Maybe i'm doing something wrong. I just lathered up with the conditioner and afterwards i put on my daily nourishment leave-in conditioner and plaited my hair. I didn't put oils in my hair, only on the ends to keep them moisturized. Anyhow, i decided to just keep to my regime. It seemed to be working for me, but i'm still putting it to the test.

alireno

I used Fruit Fusions Hydrating Conditioner for the conditioner wash this morning. I've used it before following a shampoo and it worked GREAT!!!!! Using it for a conditioner wash only was definitely nothing to write home about.

Crystal

I agree. I tried the conditioner only wash too... I tried it with my moisturefuse and there was nothing to write home about. It didn't feel right to me. Not to mention this would be an expensive endeavor unless I used an el cheapo cond. I'm cool with washing and deep conditioning twice a week. That works for me.

Elyse

I've been doing conditioner washes since last summer.
Here are some of the brands that worked well for me:

Aussie Moist
Suave Aloe Vera
Clairol 5x Renewal Repleshishing
Tropical Pacifica (the blue one)
Elucense Moisture Balance

sweetcocoa

[ QUOTE ]
I can only do them every other day. I rinse in between and shampoo 1-2 times a week. I think alot has to do with the conditioner and you have to find the right one. When I tried it with Sauve Cococnut Creme my hair was hard and tangled...
When I use Elucence or Herbal Essence Conditioning Balm is feels pretty good...I prefer the Elucence more though. I've been mixing them together. But on the 2nd day it's no go...
I'm gonna try a conditioner that was suggetested by another poster ...Alberto V05 Kiwi and Lime Clarifying Conditioner and see how that goes. It was pretty cheap...less than $2.

[/ QUOTE ]
I tried the V05 Kiwi and Lime last night with a little Elucence and I like it. I'll do it again tonight(I usually have problems the 2nd night in a row) instead of just rinsing and post my results tomorrow.