For those doing COnditioner Washes

Tonya

I recently started back doing daily conditioner washes and I love it! My hair is really soft and I can tell my hair loves this treatment as well. My new growth is so soft and manageable (from CW and Surge) I can comd thru with fine tooth comb when it is dry!! HNow my question is ....for those of you doing con washes how often do u clarify or wash with shampoo and what shampoo do you use? I have stocked up on several conditioners now I need to start investing in SHampoos for when I clarify.

blue_flower

I use a V05 clarifying shampoo twice a month. I can't remember what "flavor" it is, but it's green in color.

Crystena77

I do conditioner washes daily.

I clarify once a week cause I "vaselinize" my ends and I hate the builup. I use Nick Chavez clarifying shampoo.

BLESSED1

I'll shampoo once a week with soft sheen Breakthru shampoo, I don't clarify though but I might start doing that soon.

soslychic

I do conditioner washes regularly. I shampoo once a week, currently with suave clarifying shampoo because that's all I have, but I Plan on trying elasta qp. And I add baking soda to clarify (at least I will once I run out of this suave clarifying shampoo)

AngelaP

I use Nexxus Aloe Rid to clarify every two weeks. I shampoo once a week with Nexxus Therappe or Botanoil. None of these shampoos dry out my hair.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I co wash or spray with distilled water/conditioner/oil every day. I clarify 1x per week because I use Vaseline and curl activator every day. I like Avalon Lemon Verbena (Thanks for the heads up, Nyambura!
). But I usually clarify with sls and als shampoos diluted with distilled water. It's cheaper and I get the same results. Right now I'm using Suave Juicy Green Apple and Vatika Henna Cream shampoo. My 2nd lather is with my new main man Ampro Cream Fluff Shampoo.

buffalosoldier

In the past I couldnt just do conditioner washes cos my scalp went NUTS after 3 days. But I have figured out that I can wash with shampoo (sebastian lamiates) one day and con wash the next. So far so good my scalp is a little tingly but not too bad.
I clarify with loreal kids sports/swim when I feel like it.

hair 3c

shinyblackhair

I conditioner wash everyday or sometimes I'll skip a day if I'm too lazy. I wash with shampoo 1x per week. I clarify about 1x per month. My shampoos are: Elasta QP shamp for relaxed hair, Kenra Moisturizing, and CON. My clarifier is a cheapy brand it contains SLS

I would like to try the Elasta QP Bodifying, I read that it's a mild clarifying shampoo.

pookeylou

I have not clarified yet...I have never had a problem with build up...so I did not see the need to do it...

I have been doing condition washes since April of 2003. I switch conditioners alot...maybe that is the reason for no buildup...most conditioners have sulfates in them...which get my hair extremely clean...but no where near the amount in shampoo. So if the conditioners that I uses have a small amount of sulfates...and because I do them often enough...I havent had the need to clarify with anything.

CaramelKiss

I love co washes too! That's great it's working out for you!! But it's been too cold for me to do them recently.

Anyhow, I clarify every 3 weeks with aloe rid and shampoo weekly with Nexxus Therappe and a few others. I rotate shampoos to avoid bulid up.

nmfsc

I condition wash 2-3x/week or more depending on my gym routine. I wash 1x/week with Elasta QP Creme Shampoo and clarify as necessary with IC Super Tea. I find that the cheap conditioners (Suave,Vo5,Pantene, etc) don't do a thing for me, but that's me. I have to have a moisturizing conditioner and alternate with Got2BSmooth moisturizing or Silk Elegance moisturizing conditioners.

garr6982

I have two-strand twist extentions now but when I did Condition wash, I would shampoo my hair with about a cup of conditioner mixed with 1 Tablespoon of baking soda or juice from 1/2 lemon as needed to get the gunk/buildup out. Since my hair is super thick and texturized, I sometimes use a little more of cond. and lemon juice/baking soda depending on how much of my hair is covered. I finish off with Suave Coconut Conditioner. I also use Suave in my shampoo mix; sometimes Aloe Vera. It is amazing how soft and tangle-free my hair is after that!

Nyambura

surfer girl
[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
I co wash or spray with distilled water/conditioner/oil every day. I clarify 1x per week because I use Vaseline and curl activator every day. I like Avalon Lemon Verbena (Thanks for the heads up, Nyambura!
).

[/ QUOTE ]

You're welcome, chica!

blue_flower

I always use to co-wash during the warmer weather because I would go outside and jog almost everyday. I still co-wash now during the winter, but I do it at night. I'm glad that I found out about co-washes. If I didn't, then my hair would probably be a mess right now.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
luvmyhair said:
What does clarify mean and why do you do it?

[/ QUOTE ]
To clarify means you get rid of product buildup your hair has accumulated. Sometimes, when the hair is weighed down with product buildup it just doesn't act "right". Clarifying usually solves this issue.

Depending on how much product you use on you hair you may need to clarify more or less. I do conditioner washes daily so I clarify my hair every other week. Some people do it more. It just depends on your hair.