Considering...fake ponytail - can I pull it off?

inthepink

I'm frustrated today! My relaxed ends irritate me and screw up my hairstyle. I need to get through the next 4 months or so before I get another cut. What's a girl to do? I am considering buying a cute fake curly ponytail.

Easy right? No...I've never worn any type of fake hair ever! I have just never felt comfortable with doing so. Anyone out there know what I mean? How did you get over your "fear" of wearing a fake ponytail to get you through??

Also, anyone know of reputable websites with curly ponytails or know where I can get one? There are no BSSs where I live.

Thanks in advance.

Leslie_C

hairlove, I used to feel the exact same way but once u start wearing them u get hooked! I used to be against any type of fake hair, but the fake ponies are really cute and plenty of ppl wear them, including white women so there is no reason to feel funny about it!

Even now after not wearing any for a while and getting used to wearing my own hair again Im reluctant to wear fake hair again, but plan to buy a fake pony because with school starting this will be a great easy protective style when Im too tired or busy to deal with mine!

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Try wowwigs.com, goldenmartbeautysupply.com and especiallyyours.com.

Tai

I used to feel the same way you do. I had two straight ones that I never wore. I changed my mind because I needed a cute way to preserve and protect my ends.

Then since I'm doing the ends challenge, I went out and bought two longer curly ones and they are a hit. I get nothing but compliments all day long.
The online shops that Sassygirl mentioned are good ones to try.

deborah11

hairlove,
i felt exactly this way and i had never worn fake hair before I started transitioning. I was actually ashamed of it and never saw myself as "one of those girls" that wore fake hair. Well, let me tell you I fell in love with my curly pony and I will NEVER be without one again, no matter how long my hair gets. They are so convenient when u don't feel like dealing with your hair. Also, people thought it was my natural hair. You will have no problem matching one up to your hair texture. Good luck and go ahead and rock that phony pony. BE ADVISED: even though you don't need it, u are gonna get hooked!

LEOLADYSW

[ QUOTE ]
deborah11 said:
hairlove,
i felt exactly this way and i had never worn fake hair before I started transitioning. I was actually ashamed of it and never saw myself as "one of those girls" that wore fake hair. Well, let me tell you I fell in love with my curly pony and I will NEVER be without one again, no matter how long my hair gets. They are so convenient when u don't feel like dealing with your hair. Also, people thought it was my natural hair. You will have no problem matching one up to your hair texture. Good luck and go ahead and rock that phony pony. BE ADVISED: even though you don't need it, u are gonna get hooked!

[/ QUOTE ]

I love mine too. They are great to wear to keep your ends protected, and with the variety of styles and colors out there, you can wear a different one every day of the week for a month!

Lorraine

Hey, I just bought one today and I am very nervous. My fear is breakage but I want to protect my bun so I'll give it a try. Be sure to keep it nice and moist before you suffocate it under that ponytail.

Leslie_C

I like the drawstring ones because u can make it as loose or tight as u want, and u can add a couple of bobby pins to secure.

Tai

I like the drawstring ones, too. I always add a couple of hair pins to it on the sides.

H

honey_jammz82

Girl when I cut my hair to neck length in Dec 02, I used drawstring ponytails faithfully, and my hair grew very well. It looked nice too, you may have to try out a few different styles or namebrands to find the one for you, but it was a God-send for me. HTH!

Irresistible

Re: Considering...fake ponytail - can I pull it of

I did the fake ponytail for a while, i used wefted weave hair and wrapped it all around my little pony tail.......i mostly did that in the first few months of transitioning before i discovered braids. If it will help you get over this hump, i say do it!!

Isis

I've never worn a fake ponytail. They do look pretty. How do you match the color to your hair when buying online?

inthepink

Iris - that is good to know that you used it to get over a hump, too.

Isis - I would just choose "almost" black b/c my natural hair color is pretty much black.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

I love fake ponytails. They help me keep my hair protected and allow me to look cute at the same time.

I think you will love the ease of being able to just "pop" one on. It's kind of addictive. I think the drawstring ones are easier to manage. You don't need to use as many pins to secure.

I think you will look great with a curly type ponytail.

It's tough at first if you are not used to wearing any fake hair. You may even feel as if everyone is staring at your hair. They probably will be because it looks so great. After wearing it a few times that feeling will surely go away! Good Luck!!

Leslie_C

DSD...lol, thats how I feel when I wear my instant weave! Im paranoid ppl are staring at me thinking Im wearing a wig...lol.