*Crown & Glory w/o using Extensions

Sweet_Ambrosia

Does anyone apply the C&G Method w/o using extensions, if so did your hair growth rate increase or remain the same?

I'm thinking about applying the C&G Method this spring or summer w/o using extensions. I've applied it lots of times using extensions with good results, but it's time consuming putting in the extensions, it takes me 2 days to put them in. Braiding my own "real" hair would be faster and more convenient. I just would like some feedback before I try it out.

Thanks In Advance!
SA

Jas123

The Star of a Story
I'm doing a generic C&G method with my own hair..I wash/DC my hair every week..I put a leave in and seal with oil then put in 2 french braids (tuck in the ends)..I leave it like this for a week spraying my hair every night/morning with a home-made concoction of H2O, glycerine, infusium and other products I'm trying to use up..I also tie my hair up everynight..I did this all thru January and got good results..I actually wasn't able to stretch as long as I wanted to because of alot of new growth and had t give myself a relaxer a couple of weeks ago... I think using your own hair will work just fine..good luck...
OT I don't have my album set up yet(not till after April 1st..HYHTA challenge) but that's a picture of my hair in my avatar and my hair has grown much longer than that with the help of C&G

healthyhairin07

sherylin123 said:
I'm doing a generic C&G method with my own hair..I wash/DC my hair every week..I put a leave in and seal with oil then put in 2 french braids (tuck in the ends)..I leave it like this for a week spraying my hair every night/morning with a home-made concoction of H2O, glycerine, infusium and other products I'm trying to use up..I also tie my hair up everynight..I did this all thru January and got good results..I actually wasn't able to stretch as long as I wanted to because of alot of new growth and had t give myself a relaxer a couple of weeks ago... I think using your own hair will work just fine..good luck...
OT I don't have my album set up yet(not till after April 1st..HYHTA challenge) but that's a picture of my hair in my avatar and my hair has grown much longer than that with the help of C&G

Have you been using ther products that they recommend on the C & G site?

Jas123

The Star of a Story
healthyhairin07 said:
Have you been using ther products that they recommend on the C & G site?
Nope, I use regular store bought items..I'm using up all of my CON products up and will be switching to the Giovanni line...the supplements I take I get from Whole Foods/Vitamin Shoppe/Wild Oats..I take msm, amino acids, multi-vit/mineral, b-complex and biotin..hth

Sweet_Ambrosia

sherylin123 said:
I'm doing a generic C&G method with my own hair..I wash/DC my hair every week..I put a leave in and seal with oil then put in 2 french braids (tuck in the ends)..I leave it like this for a week spraying my hair every night/morning with a home-made concoction of H2O, glycerine, infusium and other products I'm trying to use up..I also tie my hair up everynight..I did this all thru January and got good results..I actually wasn't able to stretch as long as I wanted to because of alot of new growth and had t give myself a relaxer a couple of weeks ago... I think using your own hair will work just fine..good luck...OT I don't have my album set up yet(not till after April 1st..HYHTA challenge) but that's a picture of my hair in my avatar and my hair has grown much longer than that with the help of C&G

Thanks! :D

tsiporah

Sweet_Ambrosia said:
Does anyone apply the C&G Method w/o using extensions, if so did your hair growth rate increase or remain the same?

I'm thinking about applying the C&G Method this spring or summer w/o using extensions. I've applied it lots of times using extensions with good results, but it's time consuming putting in the extensions, it takes me 2 days to put them in. Braiding my own "real" hair would be faster and more convenient. I just would like some feedback before I try it out.

Thanks In Advance!
SA

When I first did the C&G method I did it with extensions and I had to cut off some hair event though I followed directions and moisturized very well.

I have found that using my own hair, I can moisturize more effectively and oil the scalp with my concoctions more effectively also. I made my own moisturizing spray from Veg. Glycerine and a liquid leave-in conditioner. So not only do I get moisture, I get the conditioning. I also use oil on the hair. The added benefits to doing this method w/o extensions is: less time doing the head, more direct moisture, more scalp access. My hair has grown. I do cornrow braids (a few of them) or double stranded twists.

Tsipy

gloomgeisha

I too use a modified C&G routine that involved only my natural hair. I put my hair in twists and leave in for a month. They don't lock because biweekly, I go through and retwist the front or back half respectively.

http://public.fotki.com/semperfemme/natural_hair_pics/~2006~/december-2006/monthtwists2.html
Password: Nappy

I use MTG on them once or twice per week and moisturize whenever they feel like they need it. I wear a scarf and stocking cap each night and "clip" my hair into place to keep the twists semi straight. I too feel as though my hair has benefited greatly from this treatment as I have seen an improvement in growth retention compared to when I was just wearing wash-n-gos all the time

CurliDiva

Braiding my hair w/o extensions is part of my gradual "learning/loving" process of my natural texture.

I think using no extensions also means that you need LESS product to moisturize your hair/scalp.

My biggest challenge is to not re-braid so often. I love playing in my hair even though I hiding it right now! :D