Curls! I really need them!

producjunki

Hello Ladies! I need a little help. See, my hair is I think a 3c/4a? not really sure, all I know is that when wet, I have these tight springy curls, and when I blowdry it, it becomes slightly poofy/straight.

Anyhow, I need help trying to go back to my natural texture. I tried using my miss jessie's curly pudding and attempting a twist out, but the top was curly and the bottom of each piece was straight.

It could be that I straighten my hair too often? Any advise is needed! TIA:grin:

chebaby

are you 100% natural or do you have relaxed ends?
if no relaxed ends then im thinking you may have heat damage. try doing a protein treatment and see if that works. but most times i think heat damage has to be cut out.

producjunki

To answer questions, no I don't have any pictures because I still don't know how to post them, and right now I can't find my digital camera. I know my hair isn't heat damaged because I don't use that much heat on it, and when I do, I use heat protectors, I deep condition and I do protein treatments

Furthermore, my hair is really curly and springy when wet, however when it dries and there is no product in it, it naps up really bad. I'm thinking I might have to use a diffuser to blowdry my hair next time. Also, If I do use my mjcp, not to COMB it through my hair like I did before. I'll just reference the mjcp website for further assistance. Thanks ladies.

WAVES4DAYS

To answer questions, no I don't have any pictures because I still don't know how to post them, and right now I can't find my digital camera. I know my hair isn't heat damaged because I don't use that much heat on it, and when I do, I use heat protectors, I deep condition and I do protein treatments

Furthermore, my hair is really curly and springy when wet, however when it dries and there is no product in it, it naps up really bad. I'm thinking I might have to use a diffuser to blowdry my hair next time. Also, If I do use my mjcp, not to COMB it through my hair like I did before. I'll just reference the mjcp website for further assistance. Thanks ladies.

Maybe you should air dry your hair instead of blow drying it, since this is when you have those tight springy curls. Also try using the miss jessie's curl pudding while your hair is still wet & let air dry. Good luck OP!

Black Hoya Chick

why are you not using products in it? to define curls you usually need at least something creamy, and then maybe a gel. and yeah don't comb products in. just smooth it in with the fingers. it works wonders for my hair and i am all natural 3c/4a as well.

KSand

I have the same problem! I've never been relaxed but I always straighten my hair. I want to start wearing it natural sometimes but portions stay straight... even after a protein treatment.

What products do you suggest?

KSand

Janet your hair is beautiful by the way. Now if I could just get mine to curl all the way like that....