Disappointed w/ Shingling w/ Curly Pudding

L

lkg4healthyhair

I also read that one of the girls in the shingling picture said her hair was no completely dry when they took the picture (her curls looked longer)

RabiaElaine

Thank you for all of your advice!!!

Just to update everyone. My sister started her dreds last week. It is something she has been contemplating for a long while now. I am very proud of her for taking this step. I know she is going to look great with her dreads when they mature.

I will be using all of your advice for using the curly pudding as I transition to natural and then to texturized hair.

I hope this thread will help other naturals with using these products.

lydc

imstush said:
I've been using this product for a month on very wet hair. I like the look and feel of my curls when they are dry. It elongates my curls. I used to use john frieda frizz ease, but one day i ran out and used the curly pudding I realized I didn't need the frizz ease. My boyfriend also loves the smell of this product when it's in my hair. I am looking for a product that moisturizes also. As someone else said, online the before and after pictures were not made solely by using the curly pudding and the other products. All of the women have the silkening done to their hair. Why not try a twist/braid out on your sisters hair? Hope my lil 2 cents helped.

Imtush,

Try leaving some conditioner in your hair and then use the CP. I do this and my hair doesn't dry out.

I love Curly Pudding but I don't shingle the same way that Curve does when I've gone to their salon. After I've applied conditioner, I section each side and braid (huge braids) while I'm in the shower and then rinse out with the braids still in and then undo a braid at a time, grab some curly pudding in my hand, rub together and smooth through, working it in. If my hair has dried somewhat then I spritz with water and continue smoothing. As for the website, the girls that have silkeners, are clearly labeled. Curve's technique is to shingle, place you under a dryer until your hair has completely dried and then use a blowdryer to stretch out the hair so as someone stated the product alone is not going to aid with shrinkage if you've got a ton to begin with. Another good method, is to apply clips on your hair, sit underneath a dryer and once done, separate with your fingers, and voila, definition plus a little length. HTH.