Dabur Vatika Oil...smell?

itismehmmkay

So, I've used the pure coconut oil from this brand, but I saw this enriched coconut oil w/ all of this great stuff in it (henna, neem, amla).

Just now I noticed through the search engine that this oil is nothing new to LHCF ;) . I was surprised, however, to read how stinky the oil was to everyone. Mine smells like fresh coconuts. Does the oil turn after sitting on the scalp or did some of you have old oil?

keluric

Mine smelled fine.. I don't have a sensitive nose though.. MTG doesn't smell that bad to me either.

CaliSunShine

I started using this oil a few months ago and love it. It does a nice job of smoothing out my ends since I try to avoid using heat as much as possible. I haven't noticed the scent turning at all; I actually kind of like the way it smells.

crlsweetie912

I think yall are confusing two different oils. There's the dabur vatika which is coconut based. I haven't heard anything about it being stinky. And I believe that there is the Dabur Amla oil which does have a smell. It's really hard to describe. But they are two different things.

tenderheaded

I have Dabur Amla oil, Vatika oil and Jasmine oil. Amla oil smells like strong hair grease. Vatika oil has Neem listed as its 2nd ingredient. Neem is a powerful anticeptic - so much so that other concentrations are used in India to kill bugs:eek:

Vatika oil doesn't smell good to me but it really stops scalp itch, so I'm keeping it:lol: