Daily Co-washers: Why do you choose to co-wash daily? (Can choose more than 1 reason)

Daily Co-washers: Why do you choose to co-wash daily?

• Total voters

Diva_Esq

My ladies who co-wash EVERYDAY...Why do you choose to co-wash daily?

1) Can't seem to perfect 2nd day (and beyond) hair?

2) I just like to feel the water on my scalp daily.

3) Habit/ Ritual...I just always do it that way.

4) I believe my hair thrives on conditioner & I grow & retain more.

5) I'm in a challenge on this or some other hair board/ group & have to co-wash daily.

6) Some other reason (please specify)

Last edited:

gadgetdiva

Re: Daily Co-washers: Why do you choose to co-wash daily? (Can choose more than 1 rea

My hair loves it, I sweat AND my scalp gets oily & flat by the 2nd day. Sometimes I try to go every other day and make it sometimes, but sometimes not.

pjbapb

Re: Daily Co-washers: Why do you choose to co-wash daily? (Can choose more than 1 rea

I have never EVER been able to wear 2nd day hair no matter what I do at night. For me that means no braid outs, no twist outs, no bantu knot outs, no 2nd day wash-n-gos nuthin!!!!! I am starting to realize that the reason I don't like it is because of my hair texture. I feel like the way that my hair coils naturally, affects the "manufactured" curl or coil and causes me to not like the way my hair looks. I think my hair just looks better when I rely on my natural curls and coils. Fortunatley for me, I like the way water feels on my head daily, it all works out! LOL

kittykhat

I cowash because I feel dirty if I don't wash everything when I'm showering. Lol.

sensi sweetie

other: I only co-wash daily if I am going to the gym daily. My scalp gets sweaty at the gym and needs to be cleansed or it gets itchy.

Mrs. Verde

I choose #1, 3, and 4. Cowashing has been great for my hair. Actually, cowashing with the right products has been great for my hair.

My ladies who co-wash EVERYDAY...Why do you choose to co-wash daily?

1) Can't seem to perfect 2nd day (and beyond) hair?

2) I just like to feel the water on my scalp daily.

3) Habit/ Ritual...I just always do it that way.

4) I believe my hair thrives on conditioner & I grow & retain more.

5) I'm in a challenge on this or some other hair board/ group & have to co-wash daily.

6) Some other reason (please specify)

Poopiedo

I exercise daily and I really sweat in my head. I wouldn't feel right showering but leaving my hair dirty. I wouldn't be able to get anything done at work because I would be too busy scratching.

Britt

For those of you who are relaxed and cowash daily, how are you drying your hair? Airdrying only? If so, how are you airdrying? Winter is approaching and it's a bit hard to have your hair dryed by the morning.

Qtee

I just luv having my hair wet everyday...Even if I dont cowash..I still rinse daily..but now its getting cold..so I'm starting to wear braidouts..so my daily cowashing will resume in the spring..

winnettag

other: I only co-wash daily if I am going to the gym daily. My scalp gets sweaty at the gym and needs to be cleansed or it gets itchy.

This is me too....except my hair doesn't get itchy. I just want to get the sweat out.
If I don't go to the gym, I don't co-wash.

sungtongs

my curls just cease to exist (especially closer to my scalp) by the second day, no matter what kind of "refreshing" i try to do. if i don't wear a hat, i have to cowash to not walk around looking a mess. :bath:

Grand Prix

I can never wear 2nd day hair unless I wore it in a bun the day before, but even then I'd be spraying it with water and spend more time on smoothing it back again.
My hair has also been a whole lot less dry since I started cowashing daily, and I just love that fresh damp feeling in the morning!

Diva_Esq

:bump: for more responses & votes!

diadall

bumping because I am starting to cowash daily and wanted to hear from others.

Thanks

leiah

I can do 2nd day hair but my hair is so low maintenence that doing it every day isn't a big deal.
I just spent so much time relaxed and flat ironing and being afraid of water that it feels good to ditch the showercap I guess

I shower at night and the only time I don't cowash is if my shower is too late for it to airdry before bed

BeautifulFlower

I dont do it everyday but maybe every 2 to 4 days. Its habit and my scalp loves water.

Triniwegian

Because my hair is super thirsty. I co-wash daily but I am trying to cut it down to twice a week since my strands are so fine and though co-washing is great for moisture, I feel like it's stunting my growth because of the daily manipulation.

chebaby

i no longer co wash daily, but when i did it was because my hair thrived on it, i loved having water on my scalp and it was super easy to do. i just co washed and wore a wash and go.
now that my hair is longer co washing daily isnt for me.

itsallaboutattitude

Cancer Support in Health

I co-wash daily when I am rocking my hair short, since I don't have a hair style I am trying to protect.

Now that I am growing it out (again), I don't co-wash daily, but I do after exercising or when preparing to change my hairstyle. So more than once a week.

Guyaneek

My reasons for cowashing daily are #'s 1 & 4. Day one hair looks best to me and I believe the moisture is great for retention an optimal growth.

CurlsBazillion

This thread has convinced me to start co washing daily. I believe my hair will definitely thrive! Off to the conditioner thread to find a good one!

Last edited:

Diva_Esq

This thread has convinced me to start co washing daily. I believe my hair will definitely thrive! Off to the conditioner thread to find a good one!

My retention of length is unquestionably due to daily cowashing and regular deep conditioning! I swear by it!!

My fave cowash conditioners: Aussie Moist 3-Minute Miracle and Aussie Moist, Herbal Essence Hydralicious, Tigi Bedhead Moisture Maniac, Elucence Moisture Balance Conditioner. :yep:

Last edited:

Ravenhairedbeauty

I love cowashing my hair I started doing it for the moisture and now I cowash everyday. Conditioners I use Tresemme Naturals, HE LTR, Organix Shea butter conditioner and Vo5 on occasion.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using T-Mobile myTouch 3G

SqrpioQutie

it helps me to cut down on my heat usage.... i also think that daily cowashing/airdrying is what helped me to grow my hair out to midback before so it can't hurt....

i'm relaxed and my hair is normally 90% dry by the time i leave the house in the morning.... oh, i also tend to do this in colder weather as well as warm weather...

AwesomelyNappy

i do it more like 2-5 days a week on average. Also, i couple it with oil rinsing.

standing there having water run on my scalp is therapeutic and releases stress.

love to feel clean from head to toe

my hair has been thriving since i cowash/oil rinse

easier to manage hair

AlliCat

I've co-washed twice in a row this week with good results. and I would continue to cowash daily b/c my hair thrives off conditioner and being washed...but it hates shampoo hence the co-washing. Also nothing like a head to toe clean feeling after a workout

jillian93

The few times that I have co-washed it's been because of the first option, can't perfect 2nd day hair. I also didn't have any products to help with that though so my only option was to cowash and bun it.

CurlsBazillion

Diva_Esq, do you detangle your hair everytime? I maybe over thinking this but I'm thinking about skipping days and just buning. my hair is very easy to detangle in the first place and maybe that will cut down on to much manipulation.

grow

i love the feeling of being clean from head to toe, so starting with my scalp is really good!

plus my scalp has gotten so much healthier since i cw regularly.

then the added retention, moisture and thus, growth, are just extra benifits!

destine2grow

I plan on cowashing every other day! Cowashing has help me in the past with moisture and growth! i do want to do everyday just to see if I can benefit like Njoy!

How often are you ladies deep conditioning! I am deep conditioning 2x a week and when I do 1 i will normally do a light protein treatment!

Last edited: