DD for sale, Y'all think I'm kidding, please take her!

eyunka

I have created threads and blogs about my dd hair and trying to maintain it. My last blog I voiced not being able to create a style for her that last a day with this humidity. (oh i realized i said she was 14:nono:, she is 13 don't know where my head was) She would leave the house with pretty flexirod curls and come home looking like i just blow dried it straight!

Any way i came across a couple of pictures and decided to try them. She viewed it and said she even like it. This morning when i complete the style she does not like it because her bangs are not straight. You little *****(female cow)(yes in my mind i called her a *****(female cow):wallbash:) I spent 2 hours last night after cooking for you to tell me that. Needless to say we are both not happy this morning.

I personally think I came pretty close to pictures I found. But that's just me.

Update:
She just called and I asked what was the results. She said several of her friends said it was cute, while others said it was just alright. Her teacher agreed with her, her bands should have been straight.

Last edited:

winona

Dang I wish my mom had skills when I was growing up. I looked a HAM most of my teenage years.

MrsIQ

I love it and so would my 12 year old DD. Maybe after one or two of her little friends tell her its cute, she'll like it.

Don't feel bad. My daughter would not have the patience to sit still for that long!!!

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
Girl that style is fly and it looks professionally done. I am trying to convince my DD to give her a braided faux hawk, she is not having it though.

BEAUTYU2U

It's beautiful and very flattering on your daughter - straight bangs wouldn't go right with the style :nono: since the rest of the hair is in a textured look.

Like the other ladies said, soon as a few people tell her how adorable she looks, she'll love it again. Great job, Mom! :yep:

Ronnieaj

I think it looks exceptional! Trying to picture how her bangs would look straight, I think I like it better curly like it is :yep:. You did an outstanding job, and hopefully it's a style that can last more than just a day.

eyunka

What does she perfer, my dd just got her cut into a inverted "V" so she wants to wear it straight all the time. With this humidty that isn't working.=Myjourney2009;11754450]Girl that style is fly and it looks professionally done. I am trying to convince my DD to give her a braided faux hawk, she is not having it though.[/QUOTE]

eyunka

No offense to you, but that's always my fear. I ALWAYS see little girls her age with the "sad ponytail" and I want better for her. Some believe she should be doing her own hair. It's hard for me to let go...i have a small case of OCD when it come to hair.
I think she looks great. At least she has a mom to do that for her. I always wore a sad ponytail.

eyunka

That's what i told her, but SHE thought differently (rme)
It's beautiful and very flattering on your daughter - straight bangs wouldn't go right with the style :nono: since the rest of the hair is in a textured look.

Like the other ladies said, soon as a few people tell her how adorable she looks, she'll love it again. Great job, Mom! :yep:

Jazzlyric

Eyunka,
You did an excellent job ! I have 3 girls so I know how they can be . my daughter does this all the time , but like others have said , when she gets compliments she'll love it and you wont be able to tell her nothing LOL . I love the style !

eyunka

Yeah i had to go back and put female cow, didn't want anyone thinking I was calling my child a bad name.

My hair looks a mess because I spend all my time and efforts on trying to please her...Her luck might be running out.
:rofl: I think it looked cute. At that age, I was finicky with my hair too.

eyunka

How are you styling your dds' hair?
Eyunka,
You did an excellent job ! I have 3 girls so I know how they can be . my daughter does this all the time , but like others have said , when she gets compliments she'll love it and you wont be able to tell her nothing LOL . I love the style !

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
What does she perfer, my dd just got her cut into a inverted "V" so she wants to wear it straight all the time. With this humidty that isn't working.=Myjourney2009;11754450]Girl that style is fly and it looks professionally done. I am trying to convince my DD to give her a braided faux hawk, she is not having it though.
[/QUOTE]

She prefers just cornrows. There is a style I did for her a couple of weeks ago, that she wants all the time. I am trying to get her to atleast let me put her hair in box braids, but nope, its gotta be those darn cornrows.

She is a creature of habit. She will wear the same outfit everyday if she could and the same goes for her hair.

eyunka

My dd was like that with box braids but when i finally did them anyway couldn't get them out of her head when it was time to take them out.
She prefers just cornrows. There is a style I did for her a couple of weeks ago, that she wants all the time. I am trying to get her to atleast let me put her hair in box braids, but nope, its gotta be those darn cornrows.

She is a creature of habit. She will wear the same outfit everyday if she could and the same goes for her hair.

Whimsy

oh man will you be my mommy?
i want that style...

seriously it looks great.
she'll love it, she's just being 13

Jazzlyric

How are you styling your dds' hair?

The one closest to your daughter's age , is 11. She mostly wears different cornrowed styles right now. I am going to show her what you did with your daughter's hair and I bet she will ask me to do it :)

eyunka

after i braided it I wet the middle and did two strand twist. added blue perm rods on the end and let her sleep like that and styled the next morning. If had to do it again i would use bigger perm rods but with the humidity her curls should fall.
The one closest to your daughter's age , is 11. She mostly wears different cornrowed styles right now. I am going to show her what you did with your daughter's hair and I bet she will ask me to do it :)