DD for sale, Y'all think I'm kidding, please take her!

lilsparkle825

It looks really good. She ought to feel a lot better about it now that she's been around a few people who can tell her it looks nice. You know the parent's opinion don't mean nothin'....lol

My sister is 15 and I've been doing her hair since she was 12. Luckily, she's not a creature of habit....she'll let me do pretty much anything to her hair......but I bet if it were my mom it would be the same thing you describe :lachen: But she likes box braids, kinky twists, senegalese twists....anything she can just moisturize and throw a bonnet on.

LittleLuxe

Awww it looks so pretty! And don't worry about your daughter, I used to be like that. It's a phase where you struggle with the good suggestions your mom makes even if they are great and she has a good point you still fight her, lol.

simplyhair

Wow! You did an excellent job. I kept scrolling up and down trying to find the pictures not thinking that you did that. No offense. I know a lot of us here have mad skills...which you obviously do! :grin:

WhoIAm

That is so pretty on her. You did a good job. Chile, you know teenagers, she'll like it as soon as her friends like it.

eyunka

None taken, as i stated before i'm anal when it comes to hair especially hers, of course I see all the little imperfections.

Wow! You did an excellent job. I kept scrolling up and down trying to find the pictures not thinking that you did that. No offense. I know a lot of us here have mad skills...which you obviously do! :grin:

eyunka

I know she is, its just frustrating especially when I'm walkingaround looking crazy by the head. My mind won't let me let her go to school looking crazy by the head a couple times in hopes she will appreciate my efforts more.
You did an excellent job on your daughter's hair and she looks pretty. She is just being a 13 year old girl.

SimJam

she is sooooo lucky.
My mother couldnt care less what I did with my hair as long as it was clean and I didnt cut it. But then again she really is not that skilled in the hair dept. though she can still do a bad roller set !!!

Ijanei

I actually think it's real pretty but u know how teens are...my lil sis is just like that. Like one thing one minute, then the next she is off of that smh Teens

greight

I think you did a great job :yep:. I'm going to try to mimic that hairstyle for myself, but with all twists.

Morenita

Believe me, I understand your frustration! My kids are really young, but I can relate to spending so much time on something that's especially for your kids and not having them appreciate it :rolleyes: She's young, and I definitely remember being that age and being so particular about hair and fashion. Hopefully as she gets older she won't take her mom for granted as much!

In the meantime, know that the style is beautiful! You did a really really great job. :clapping:

preciouslove0x

She doesn't like it because you are the PARENT and YOU LIKE it. Hopefully you didn't go and tell her that the "ladies" on the hair board liked it too. Thats like going to church or store at that age and old (no offense ladies) ladies come up to you and say your hairstyle is really cute or fitting or what-have-you. Unfortunately, she may need her bestfriend for approval to like it as well. Don't worry. She won't always be dependent on her friends for approval. But at this age.... she does. It'll pass quickly. Promise. (I'm 19 btw)

ETA: Next time try this line. After you finish the hairstyle, inspect it closely. Even squint if you have too (as if you can't see haha). Then say this: "I think it looks a little to grown for you but it'll do". I promise she'll lovvveeee it after that. lol :)

Last edited:

eyunka

I'm tickled by the bolded because i surely did tell her i was going to see what the ladies on the board had to say. She just looke at me with a blank stare *binking*

:lachen:
She doesn't like it because you are the PARENT and YOU LIKE it. Hopefully you didn't go and tell her that the "ladies" on the hair board liked it too. Thats like going to church or store at that age and old (no offense ladies) ladies come up to you and say your hairstyle is really cute or fitting or what-have-you. Unfortunately, she may need her bestfriend for approval to like it as well. Don't worry. She won't always be dependent on her friends for approval. But at this age.... she does. It'll pass quickly. Promise. (I'm 19 btw)

GaiasDaughter24

Um..... it looks AWESOME!!!!

Make sure to let us know what her peers said. I know if I were her friend I'd copy that style. Heck, I'm waiting for length now just to do a fro hawk. Literally, counting down the months:lachen:

Last edited:

MilkChocolateOne

No offense to you, but that's always my fear. I ALWAYS see little girls her age with the "sad ponytail" and I want better for her. Some believe she should be doing her own hair. It's hard for me to let go...i have a small case of OCD when it come to hair.

My daughter is 13 and I still comb her hair. I am in the process of teaching her how to handle her hair without causing too much damage.

Cherokee-n-Black

I'm surprised her hair wasn't the "hotness." It's very reflective of the trend in magazines, entertainment--very "rock star." You did a great job, and your correction that she is 13 explains it all! They are crazy at that age. I don't know anyone who has raised a 13 y.o. who disagrees with me on this. Plus, at that age, they are comparing themselves to their peers. Whatever the norm is, that's what they want. Sad ponies, edgeless wonders, where I live, the teens and tweens have a tough row to hoe on the hair front. Apparently mommies are not as conscientious as you. She looks fly.

eyunka

Funny you say this, its exactly what i told her, she had her tshirt on and skinny jeans with her low quarter chucks on.

Something like this w/o the jacket

I'm surprised her hair wasn't the "hotness." It's very reflective of the trend in magazines, entertainment--very "rock star." You did a great job, and your correction that she is 13 explains it all! They are crazy at that age. I don't know anyone who has raised a 13 y.o. who disagrees with me on this. Plus, at that age, they are comparing themselves to their peers. Whatever the norm is, that's what they want. Sad ponies, edgeless wonders, where I live, the teens and tweens have a tough row to hoe on the hair front. Apparently mommies are not as conscientious as you. She looks fly.

LadyPBC

Her hair looks fantastic - great job. She just needs to let it grow on her for a bit I think. We were all 13 - we know how it is LOL!

ETA: my mom used to call me the same thing (to my face) LOL! I never knew what it meant so I was never offended.

Last edited:

empressri

You know MOMS never know what looks good, it's the friends' opinion that really counts lol.

Oh please, her hair looks FLY. Shoot can I be next?? You don't even need to cook dinner, I'll bring food over WITH me!

Guitarhero

No offense to you, but that's always my fear. I ALWAYS see little girls her age with the "sad ponytail" and I want better for her. Some believe she should be doing her own hair. It's hard for me to let go...i have a small case of OCD when it come to hair.

:yep: No offense meant and I hope none is taken...but that's why. You could give her a Beyonce makeover..but if the mother did it, at this age, there's always going to be something wrong with it. She's feeling for her independence.:yep: In any case, cute style on her.