New term! : Deep co-wash

natstar

I like Dcw better than just co washing my hair. It seems to give me more moisture and shine. Thanks for putting a title to it since it isn't just co washing

SouthernTease

I've been doing this technique for over a year...
except I was calling it a pre-pooing
only I don't use shampoo...
I still co-wash after this process...
so I guess I would call myself a frequent
DEEP PRE-CO-WASHER that DEEP PRE-CO-WASHES...
so then I'm a DPCWr that CWs after but I really don't
co-wash... I co-rinse... whatever...

AtlantaJJ

See that's why your hair looks so good Bcuz you be doin' all that complex stuff to it! Now you can just call it a DCoW and we get your drift! :laugh:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.

Why you gotta be all difficult??? :lachen: :lachen:

bbdgirl

i love this term, since this what I usually do. I always dc on dry hair, with deep conditioner and either leave it on over night or use a heat cap and then rinse it out. this is the best technique ever!

tiffers

hey i do this alot...i never thought about calling it dcw tho...good idea.

tiffers, i was in the shower last night thinking of oil steaming, after a cow, sop my hair up w/ oil and put a plastic bag on and steam and then rinse out with co or just plain water, while in the shower it's always easier. what cha think about that?

That sounds good! Especially if your hair likes oil rinses! Rinse it ut with conditioner, to cut some of the excess oil out. I'll bet it'll make your hair really soft!

tiffers

Ioknow, but I'm crackin up at you wondering if you're a loser for pondering this... I don't consort w/those types, so of course not!! You couldn't be in the gang if you were a loser. Anyhoo, maybe I get too analytical, but I think it's a good phrase to use as long as the conditioner you're using is a deep conditioner and not a rinse-out quicky conditioner you just decided to leave in longer than usual. That's just my personal interpretation, and that's what I'll be referring to when I use the term-and I'll definitely be using it! :spinning:
New acronym to add to the handbook: DCW

Woo hoo! I'm cooool! Yeah :cool:

song_of_serenity

*Waits for someone to start a thread about "WHY YALL CALLING IT Dcw? YOU KNOW YOU STILL ONLY co-washing. Sorry sweety, you aren't TRULY deep conditioning"*
:look::lachen:

I've never been brave enough to do this.:)
~*Janelle~*

AsTheCurlzTurns

hey i do this alot...i never thought about calling it dcw tho...good idea.

tiffers, i was in the shower last night thinking of oil steaming, after a cow, sop my hair up w/ oil and put a plastic bag on and steam and then rinse out with co or just plain water, while in the shower it's always easier. what cha think about that?

Watch out for the slick tubs in that shower gurlie!!

On another note, coooool idea tiffers. I do this often as well, what can I say, my hair absolutely love co-washes!:grin:

RedVelvet310

*Waits for someone to start a thread about "WHY YALL CALLING IT Dcw? YOU KNOW YOU STILL ONLY co-washing. Sorry sweety, you aren't TRULY deep conditioning"*

~*Janelle~*

HAHA I actually laughed out loud.. but dang this should be some kind of DCing.. probably DDCW (Deep DEEP Co Washing) cause my hair feels better with a $2 cheapie over night then it does with a $20 DC for 30min!!!! :yawn:

cecilie

Okay, so I've been thinking for a while now.... I'm in the co washing challenge and the dc challenge and one thing's been confusing me. What's it called when you put conditioner on dry hair and leave it on while you excersize or overnight? It can be considered a dc, since the conditioner's on your head for an extended period of time. But it can also be considered a co wash, since you're only washing your hair with conditioner, right?

So why don't we just call it ''deep co-washing''?

What do ya'll think? :grin:

(Am I a loser for even pondering this? :look: )

Many of us were thinking about this but you did this thread , congrats because we are few Deep co-washers here .

DivaD04

On another note, coooool idea tiffers. I do this often as well, what can I say, my hair absolutely love co-washes!:grin:

thx i will, i'm lazy tho, when i do my hair in the shower, i chill...i sit down while i do my hair.

Eisani

@ the red: I almost pulled my groin mus-kle in a slippery tub! I was trying to get out and WHOA NELLIE! The tub can be a dangerous place...:look:

DivaD04

@ the red: I almost pulled my groin mus-kle in a slippery tub! I was trying to get out and WHOA NELLIE! The tub can be a dangerous place...:look:

See E, this is why I sit my happy *** down, don't laugh ya'll but last year I was in the shower, felt a cold draft, I decided I was going to reach around and push the door closed. In the mist of me reaching, I fell and busted my left wrist. Now I'm left with a scar as a sore reminder, not to do some of the dumbest things like that. So when I'm in the shower and especially when I do my hair, I just sit and do my hair. I used mats and stickies for the tub but they don't really work, my tub is really narrow and when I sit, that is all the room right there gone.

ImFree27

~*Janelle~*

ok, you're still talking about this, oh my, I guess theres nothing else really going on....:perplexed

talata

Interesting... now, are you guys using a DC conditioner for your DCWs or your regular daily/co-wash conditioners.

-

lilsparkle825

Hey I put on my plastic cap and then I use one of those Do rags that they sell for men in the BSS with the long wrap ties and the long tail that hangs in the back. It's wave cap but its made for a man's big head. I put that on and wrap the string around my head twice...that bad boy stays put...plastic cap and all until the next morning. You have to get the heavier one, not the thin cheap one...
i'll take my bf's...he can only get the heavier ones with his large ass domepiece.

lilsparkle825

Interesting... now, are you guys using a DC conditioner for your DCWs or your regular daily/co-wash conditioners.

-
i use my DC, kenra mc (or lustrasilk shea butter cholesterol), since like i said i havent gotten a hold on keeping ANYTHING on my head overnight. i gotta have a bonnet AND a satin pillowcase and thats just for my dry hair ya know.

Evalina1

I do the same thing but my hair do not look like yours...so please give more details

tiffers

Interesting... now, are you guys using a DC conditioner for your DCWs or your regular daily/co-wash conditioners.-

I use cheapies when I DCW while working out. If I do it overnight, I'll use a dc conditioner

Mahalialee4

Okay. I do this and never had any idea what I was doing!!!!
I find that my hair is really soft after. What are some of the benefits, besides softer hair that you ladies have noticed as a result of DCW? Thanks, bonjour