Deep Conditioner + Clear Rinse= Silky Sexy Hair

BrownBetty

I want to deep condition with this

Ladies watch out for this product if you use henna....

But the idea sounds great. I would love to try that.

nycutiepie

I always use Sebastian Cellophane rinses, but I've always used colors and not clear. When I used to go to the Dominicans, they use to mix it with Sebastian Penetrait which is a DC that is protein based. I never had a problem. I've also done this myself at home without a problem. I'm not sure whether or not the fact that I was using the same product line mattered but HTH.

drasgrl

I'm going to try this. I have a bottle of clear Sebastian Cellophane I haven't used in years. I only used it a few times. This sounds like a way to use it up.

lana

Hmm... it really doesn't matter which rinse I use, cause I've tried several they always dry out my hair which leads to breakage. Even if I deep condition and use the proper moisture balance. I guess I'm just not a person that can handle double processes. I'm already texlaxed so that means I can't color. Bottom line...I just have to accept it...right? :nono:

Cleve_gryl

Hmm... it really doesn't matter which rinse I use, cause I've tried several they always dry out my hair which leads to breakage. Even if I deep condition and use the proper moisture balance. I guess I'm just not a person that can handle double processes. I'm already texlaxed so that means I can't color. Bottom line...I just have to accept it...right? :nono:
A rinse isn't really a process though, it doesn't contain any ammonia or peroxide. Are you sure it was a semi perm color? :ohwell:

ElegantExotic

I'm going to try this weekend with Jazzing, and either KeraCare Humecto, Kerastase Oleo Relax Masque or Alter Ego Coconut Masque.

Also, a rinse is different from a demi in which you have to mix a developer with the color. If the color comes ready to use, then chances are it doesn't contain peroxide or ammonia, and shouldn't cause any damage to one's hair.

MonPetite

are clear rinses damaging?

They can be. I reviewed Jazzings clear rinse, having used it twice with the same disasterous results.

DCing afterwards can be necessary depending on the brand.

I tried this with Beyond the Zone's clear rinse and wasn't impressed. My hair looked as shiny as usual. I reviewed John Freida's COlor glaze for Brunettes and Red Heads -which do work, BTW. Beware the brown will make black hair look dusty. The red gives a nice red sheen.

PinkAngel

I've been mixing my conditioner & color rinses for years. I got the tip from a friend who was a hair stylist and she did it to save time. I usually apply my conditioner, detangle then add the rinse.

I recently purchased John Frieda Color Glaze for Brunettes. I have used it twice so far and my hair definitely has a shine to it. I was debating on if I should get the clear or the brown. I decided on the brown to give my hair an extra oomph of color and shine. I can't see the brown color as of yet but a slight shine is there. I bought mine at walgreens for $10 and there was a $10 mail-in-rebate. I will continue to use.

I love this glaze I use the red ones though. It really does give you shine and the best part is it only takes a few minutes so you can do it in the shower

lana

A rinse isn't really a process though, it doesn't contain any ammonia or peroxide. Are you sure it was a semi perm color? :ohwell:

I'm pretty sure it was the rinse that caused breakage a month later. I'm very careful with my hair and that was the only thing that I changed. I used Jazzin or Jazzim can't remember, in the bright pink bottle and raved about in this forum. My bangs broke off down to the quick and that only happens when I use color. It's the kind of rinse that washes out in like 12 washes. It said no ammonia or peroxide...I know, that's why I thought it would work for me. I wish it did too, cause I have grays that I would love to color with black rinse.

A long time ago I tried Clairol for gray strands and I had no breakage with that. But it was in a different spot on my head. It just goes to show that we have to be careful and do things at our own risk. What works for one may not work for others.

My bangs are fine now and all grown back in. Thankfully I was able to catch it before I repeated the process.

clever

I'm under the dryer now with Kenra MC+Glossing Clear Rinse+Deep Repair DC..my hair smells so good right now.I'll post pics when I'm done with my curlformer set(If its not a disaster):look:

clever

I would say this is a keeper.The reason I stopped using the rinse is b/c it took too many steps for me to poo,towel dry,add the rinse sit under the dryer,rinse again,DC,sit under the dryer and then rinse and finally style.I don't think you can tell by the pics but I did get a nice shine.:grin:

Last edited:

ElegantExotic

...DC/RINSE ready to DC

Curlformer Ponytail set-dry roots

I would say this is a keeper.The reason I stopped using the rinse is b/c it took too many steps for me to poo,towel dry,add the rinse sit under the dryer,rinse again,DC,sit under the dryer and then rinse and finally style.I don't think you can tell by the pics but I did get a nice shine.:grin:

Oooh girl, it looks lovely!!!! Great job!!!

GeorginaSparks

WHAT is the name of this rinse you used and where can i find it?!!!

...DC/RINSE ready to DC

MrsHouston

Your hair looks great ElleDoll. I'm doing mine this week w/ the clear rinse I bought back last December...I already tried the black back in December, but didn't DC with it (pic in my siggy).

LayneJ

I've used rinses before, but I didn't notice any shine. :ohwell: I'll try adding it to my DC, though, and see what happens.

ElleDoll, I love your results! What brand did you use?

OhmyKimB

OOOH I want to try this when I take my braids out.

This is a little OT but anyone try using colors....like golds and reds...did it make any difference at all?

hopeful

ElleDoll, your hair is so pretty! In your profile it says your hair album is coming soon, I can't wait.

chebaby

Do you know which one your cousin uses? I have tried Jazzings but I was not impressed.
jazzing sucks. i hate there colors so i know i wouldnt dare try the clear. when i had red hair jazzzings red rinse left me pumpkin orange

Eisani

jazzing sucks. i hate there colors so i know i wouldnt dare try the clear. when i had red hair jazzzings red rinse left me pumpkin orange

:barf: @ the bolded. I tried Jazzings before in a pinch and had to mix 2 to recreate my color. Color turned out okay, it just stinks and was flaky on my scalp. Not a good look. Since I got no patience and I hate waitin (a la Jay-Z) I'm gonna but either Adore or Via if they have clear and give it a try.

lilsparkle825

does anybody kno how much this will cost at a dominican salon?
i got one for my mom the other day and it ran $40 for a red rinse but i think that was without DC. when i asked how much extra that would be, the stylist told me she would throw it in for free "just for me". idk but i wasn't about to argue :lachen:

Keshieshimmer

I'm pretty sure it was the rinse that caused breakage a month later. I'm very careful with my hair and that was the only thing that I changed. I used Jazzin or Jazzim can't remember, in the bright pink bottle and raved about in this forum. My bangs broke off down to the quick and that only happens when I use color. It's the kind of rinse that washes out in like 12 washes. It said no ammonia or peroxide...I know, that's why I thought it would work for me. I wish it did too, cause I have grays that I would love to color with black rinse.

Ya know I think that I'm going to lay off the jazzings, I have been having breakage, that has really been the only damaging thing that I have incorporated into my routine.

morehairplease

...DC/RINSE ready to DC

bumping for ElleDoll......do you mind sharing what rinse you used?

tia,
tishee